It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army of Eris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I had a strange dream last night about accidentally joining the Army of Eris, which is odd, because I'm neither Discordian, nor particularly inclined to join an army.

In a nutshell, the dream went like this:

I walk into a bar and order a drink, when some guys in uniform (no particular kind) storm the bar and a gunfight breaks out between the patrons of the bar and the guys in uniform. I ended up helping out the patrons of the bar, we defeated the attackers, and they told me to wait there while they got help. While they were gone, three or four more attackers came at the bar, and somehow I took them out, then the patrons came back, took me to the back of the bar, out the back, and into a training ground, where soldiers walked around wearing huge thick blue armored pauldrons that covered the chest and back.

Unfortunately they were short on supplies, and as a new recruit, I only got one pauldron, the right shoulder, and the weight made walking incredibly awkward. I walk into the mess hall and all of them are staring at this child standing on a table, issuing orders to the soldiers. At the end, they all shouted "Hail Eris."

Then I woke up (in real life) late because the electricity had gone out in the middle of the night. It had been an extremely vivid dream, which I remember nearly every aspect of, which is fairly rare.

I ran a search on "Army of Eris" and didn't come up with anything, except some environmental thing for the US Army, and pretty sure there's no connection there. Just curious if anyone had ever heard of this before. I doubt the dream has any real significance, but if there were ever a place to ask about such a thing, it would be here.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Makes sense, you want bloodshed it seems.

This page says:

ERIS was the goddess or spirit (daimon) of strife, discord, contention and rivalry. She was often represented specifically as the daimon of the strife of war, who haunted the battlefield and delighted in human bloodshed.

Eris = 306 = Siva, Mars, Falcon, Elite, Rome, Michael

[edit on 3-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Makes sense, you want bloodshed it seems.

But I really don't. I'm a semi-pacifist. I keep prepared, but ultimately, I'd be content to go the rest of my life never being in another fight.

Eris = 306 = Siva, Mars, Falcon, Elite, Rome, Michael

Err... Are you sure you don't mean Ares? That's the one usually equated to Mars and the Roman army.

Eris was the one with the golden apple who liked to cause trouble with it. Right?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
(...)
Err... Are you sure you don't mean Ares? That's the one usually equated to Mars and the Roman army.

Eris was the one with the golden apple who liked to cause trouble with it. Right?

Romans did that, they regarded Ares as God of war, but in Greek mythology Eris was goddess of strife and conflict. In reality Eris is Ares' sister, Goddess of war, we could say. They also attribute negativity and discord to her, turning peace into war, order into lawlessness.

I think this all is about change and not bad in the end. Now, you need to ask Ares for guidance.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Aries is the God of war...Eris, I take it is the Goddess of war, at least the trojan war....

god or goddess, and whatever name it goes by, it does seem that the spirit of war has a much stronger hold of our planet.

my guess it that you subconsious mind is picking up the presence of actual spiritual powers manipulating the events behind these wars.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Romans did that, they regarded Ares as God of war, but in Greek mythology Eris was goddess of strife and conflict. In reality Eris is Ares' sister, Goddess of war, we could say. They also attribute negativity and discord to her, turning peace into war, order into lawlessness.

Interesting. I'd never really done a lot of looking into Eris before. I'd always just attributed her to just being the "wacky" goddess, since most Discordians I know were hardly the sort to want a fight, bloodshed, or war. They were more the sort to do things like wire the university clock tower to run backward, melt trash cans with thermite, and stuff like that.

I think this all is about change and not bad in the end. Now, you need to ask Ares for guidance.

aCk. I'd be nervous about asking Ares for guidance. Seems most people who get involved with deities o' war have unhappy endings. If I were going to start consulting with Greek and/or Roman gods or goddesses, I'd probably go straight to the top, Jupiter/Zeus, and just hope he didn't go lobbing lightning bolts at me for chuckles.

Originally posted by dawnstar
god or goddess, and whatever name it goes by, it does seem that the spirit of war has a much stronger hold of our planet.

Definitely the sentiment of it at least. Or are we just more aware of its presence than ever before, due to advances in media coverage and technology? Has the Earth ever really been "at peace"? Especially in the Middle East and Africa? Even the quote-unquote Civilized Nations can't stay out of wars for more than about 10 or 20 years.

my guess it that you subconsious mind is picking up the presence of actual spiritual powers manipulating the events behind these wars.

You think there's spiritual powers causing wars around the planet?
Is man's inherent greed and xenophobia not enough?
I'd always sorta hoped spirits, gods, etc, stuck around despite wars, not because of them.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You could of had a future vision of which you saw a future conflict between us and the army of Eris which some of us beleive is Nibiru.

Go Here to find out what i mean.
link

thx

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sostyles
You could of had a future vision of which you saw a future conflict between us and the army of Eris which some of us beleive is Nibiru.

Go Here to find out what i mean.
link

thx

Well just got through reading up on Nibiru in Wiki... interesting. This Zecharia Sitchin guy's theory is almost exactly, even for event, coinciding with a sci-fi triliogy I've been writing. That's odd enough in itself, but I don't really see a connection to Eris, as that dwarf-planet is a seperate body with an orbit of about 557 years, whereas Nibiru is supposed to be 3,600 to 3,760 years. That's a pretty extreme difference, even allowing for a small margin of error.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
and you think that the small child on the table shouting orders was a human?? that's even scarier, really...
we all know that adults don't listen to kids....all those adults must have gone mad!!!

another interesting aspect of the dream.. it's kind of like the people in the bar were civilians, or at least wanted people to think they were, and well, then a army...at least they were dressed in uniform...came in and all heck broke lose...
then you find out that the nice little civilians had a nice little training camp out back.....
one's dresses as an army in full view of everyone, the other ones is o nly an army when hidden...can you guess which one is the "official" army of the land??

I think your Army of Eris is a terrorist group, or militia, or something to that extent...
who knows, maybe one of these militia groups that play wargames here in the US call themselves the Army of Eris (or Aries), and have kind of exalted that god/goddess for fun?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Interesting. I'd never really done a lot of looking into Eris before. I'd always just attributed her to just being the "wacky" goddess, since most Discordians I know were hardly the sort to want a fight, bloodshed, or war. They were more the sort to do things like wire the university clock tower to run backward, melt trash cans with thermite, and stuff like that.

Yeah, your dream is really strange, from what I know of them Discordians would be more likely to get baked and have a giant hippie orgy than have a running gun battle with armed soldiers.....

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

(...)
aCk. I'd be nervous about asking Ares for guidance. Seems most people who get involved with deities o' war have unhappy endings. If I were going to start consulting with Greek and/or Roman gods or goddesses, I'd probably go straight to the top, Jupiter/Zeus, and just hope he didn't go lobbing lightning bolts at me for chuckles.
(...)

They fail because their heart is not pure and they always want something out of it. You cannot ask God(s) for guidance or help and have some agenda behind it. They can only be consulted when you have honest intentions, to help humanity or the planet. When you want to use foreign power for selfish reasons, you are destroyed sooner or later. This is a test many leaders fail at.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

and you think that the small child on the table shouting orders was a human?? that's even scarier, really...

Well, actually, I kinda got the impression in the dream that the child was Eris.
Either that or perhaps some sort of messenger of Eris?

I think your Army of Eris is a terrorist group, or militia, or something to that extent...

The thought had occurred to me, actually. Terrorists, freedom fighters, military junta, etc... something like that. But it occurs to me that those are all really points of view rather than definitions. For instance, I'm sure during the U.S. Revolutionary War, Washington and the continental army were considered terrorists by Britain, whereas Independants considered them Revolutionaries, and Tories considered them traitors, and the Continental Congress considered them a Regular Army, and foreign powers probably just considered them rebels.

But none of those labels actually describes what the revolutionary army stood for or meant. But yeah, I can definitely see what you're talking about.

who knows, maybe one of these militia groups that play wargames here in the US call themselves the Army of Eris (or Aries), and have kind of exalted that god/goddess for fun?

Well, there's Red Cells (terrorist simulations) but I don't think they do it for fun, it's more of a preparedness sorta thing.

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Yeah, your dream is really strange, from what I know of them Discordians would be more likely to get baked and have a giant hippie orgy than have a running gun battle with armed soldiers.....

Definitely. Unless Discordians have some secret element I've never heard about before, which I guess is possible, but it's kinda like trying to imagine high school goths as a "dangerous gang", more laughable than anything else.

They fail because their heart is not pure and they always want something out of it. You cannot ask God(s) for guidance or help and have some agenda behind it.

I dunno man. Pretty sure people have agendas most of the time they ask a god for help, otherwise they wouldn't feel compelled to ask for help from a god and risk getting entangled in something unpleasant. I can't think of anyone who ended up with good dealings with Ares though.

They can only be consulted when you have honest intentions, to help humanity or the planet.

Seeking enlightenment from the God of War would help humanity or the planet?
I'm admittedly a bit lost on that one.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
nope never heard of it, I'd have to cash in my own discordian credentials for sure if there was such a thing. Kinda goes against the discordian grain to have any kind of army whatever next? The synarchist union of anarchists?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No, not enlightenment but help to do something, create some change, liberate or improve.

About nobody making a deal with forces above human, no it's not true, but stuff like that is prohibited for slaves to believe, or else they may rebel. Why do you think leading organizations use so many symbols? They believe in power behind them. But this power takes no sides and destroys all those who misuse it. Even Roman empire collapsed, a bit because of sneaky Christianity, a bit because of angry slaves.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't know, I think Aries would be kind of ashamed of today's warriors....I mean, to know the man you fight, to be able to look into his face, to know his strengths and weakness, and to respect him for them....well....kind of puts a little honor into warfare..
to push a button, and send a missle into a village and never know just what man, women or child may have been killed, well, that has alot to be desired.

Aries does offer some good attributes. Weather it is an actual war that one may find themselves in, or a battle to save your possessions or the life of your family or yourself...or a battle with cancer or some other debilitating disease....the warrior's spirit can give one the courage, the endurance, the ability to fight a good fight while maintaining your honor and your values..

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I sense a pink who needs to have a "paid in advance" romp through the Elysian Fields with J. R. "Bob" Dobbs!

All Hail Discordia!!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Definitely. Unless Discordians have some secret element I've never heard about before, which I guess is possible, but it's kinda like trying to imagine high school goths as a "dangerous gang", more laughable than anything else.

Actually, now that I think about it, Hagbard was pretty dangerous and had a bunch of people killed, but he was the only one.... (from the Illuminatus! trilogy, which is fiction of course)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
TheLibra, it's good to hear you've had the dream... that was just one of our psi-operatives extending the hand of comradeship.

You will be contacted in the waking world shortly.

Hail Eris!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
TheLibra, it's good to hear you've had the dream... that was just one of our psi-operatives extending the hand of comradeship.

You will be contacted in the waking world shortly.

Hail Eris!

Where do I sign up?

new topics

top topics

join