It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real ghost picture in took on holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hi guys and gals

I was on holiday in ibiza 2005 when i took this picture, i was with my kids and girlfriend! it was the evening and we were sitting by the patio doors/windows of the onsite bar!
I was going to take a picture of my 2 yr old sons new friends who were about 7 and 8. I had the camera (sony dsc s80) on a timer, and at the very last seconds they moved out of view , but the camera took a picture anyways!

i know its not my reflection i can see! as the image looks female, and she is looking in the direction the boys went.

their is also a couple of anomilies on the image which i will explain next post!

Anyone care to comment on, or analyze the picture.

thanks

huyton turbo

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Interesting picture. However, it appears to be a double exposure. There are several places in the picture that just scream to me, that this is the case.

Here is a cropped portion with several reasons (circled) why I think that this is so. Also around the door frame, it is evident that the cameera was moved slightly between the two shots. There are other indicators of this also.

I would be happy if one of the photo experts here (J Ritzman) would analyse this photo to verify my findings, or say otherwise.

Originally posted by huytonturbo
their is also a couple of anomilies on the image which i will explain next post!

Oh I see some anomalies alright. But am still waiting for your explanation...

two cents

[edit on 7/3/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Nice pic, definately looks like something was caught on film.

Incidently, when I first opened the pic, ( opens very slowly on my cpu and takes a while to re-size ), I noticed what appeared to be lettering or writing on the glass.

Could just be a glitch, but maybe someone with more experience can do some digging.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
wow grailkeeper well spotted , i just loaded the picture up and saw that writing! nice one

well going back to the anomalies, if you look to the far right of the picture you see an outline of a woman walking towards a big blue bouncy castle. Well if you look to the right of her i can make out a tall man with his arms crossed, and he has big long legs standing shoulder width apart!

i dont know much about double exposure, i know i never took another picture of a lady/alien looking thing! i would say their is a bit a of shake though

thanks for the comments guys!

*Removed quote of entire previous post*
Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I just wanna say looks like they are wearing a drench coat/hoodie, and some runners...

Seriosly.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by huytonturbo
i dont know much about double exposure, i know i never took another picture of a lady/alien looking thing! i would say their is a bit a of shake though

Well, I think if the areas I circled were just due to "a bit of shake" or vibration, there would be a blur, rather than almost duplicate sets of light spots as shown in my cropped portion of the picture. There are other areas like this as well, with apparent doubles, most noticeable in areas where there is high contrast, (i.e., sharp points of light on areas where the background is dark)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You're saying it's a potential real ghost that you caught on holiday right? Where's the conclusive evidence that what you're seeing is a ghost?

Too many people jump to the conclusion that what they caught on film, any strange bumps around the house and orbs etc...are all to do with, and the evidence firmly points to a haunting/ghost! Why?!

I don't disbelieve in ghosts, quite the opposite in fact. I'm a firm believer from my own experiences, so I'm not saying this because I'm a skeptic. I just really get frustrated that there's so many people out there showing blurry, out of focus pictures of bugs reflections...and other photos that show hardly anything at all. Then they say it must be a ghost! In my opinion it just makes a mockery of saying that it is evidence.

For me evidence has to be conclusive and it must leave you in no doubt that what you're seeing, either picture or film is what it is 100% or as close to 100% as possible. What do I see in your pictures that you claim is a ghost? If the poster above hadn't drawn red circles around those light sources I wouldn't have seen a thing, because nothing in that photo jumps out to me as weird. Nothing! It looks like some light sources, but without knowing the location of where you were and what was around you, light could have been reflected of a number of surfaces making the image there. It could even be off the lens and to do with the exposure.

As for the big mist, again going by the scale of the people walking under the mist, it's way too big to be considered in my opinion as a person/ghost. It looks like a reflection of some sort, possible off the window to the left? It could be a paranormal mist, but then again it could not be. It's a weird mist shape, but not enough for me to say it's definitely linked with a ghost as I feel there are other alternatives to be looked at.

If you mean the shadow kind of thing then that's pretty decent and looks very real. But we only have your word for it. Did you forget somebody was in front of you? Was there another possibility of a reflection? Sometimes people behind you taking pictures can cast a shadow off the person in front (i.e you) creating a shadow in front of the most forward person, then it appears on the captured picture. I'm not debunking it, just giving alternative theories.

So basically my point (I hope you haven't taken it/me the wrong way) is don't instantly jump to the conclusion that you have caught a ghost on picture, because what you're showing here looks nothing like that. It could be paranormal yes, but the paranormal is a wide field. It doesn't have to be related to spooks and ghosts, just simply events and activities that our 'normal' science can't understand yet - making it a 'para'normal event.

I'd just say it's a picture with lights on it, a shadow and that grey mist. The lights, mist and other abnormalities would suggest to me there's a few reflective surfaces around you, hence the number of weird abnormalities caught just on 1 picture. Or maybe it is purely paranormal? Those lights could be from a number of sources and possibilities. Therefore, saying it's paranormal, ghostly etc doesn't hold up because many people could debunk it with alternatives in the field of photography

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Arawn, you're right. I always see pics like this and people see weird things in them, and automatically assume they are ghosts. Even in the event that something can't be proven as anything other than something spiritual, the spiritual world is a huge one, and you can't just assume that it's a ghost. It could be something else entirely.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What I believe I see is writing on a dry erase or chalkboard. I simply do not see any real ghost in the image. I see reflections only. I'll await other comments.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yes arawn i take the point about not jumping to conclusions, well written, and its something i will take heed of next time i post.

I look and look at this picture and personally i can see an asian looking lady! can anyone else see this?

I can outline this image for anyone who cant see it!

thanks for all our input everyone

cheers

huyton

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hey huytonturbo, I'm still trying to analyze this image to make my decision, but I have a quick question...why

I mean of all the places you could of taken the picture why in that area? did you see the ghost then take the picture? Or did you accidentally slip your finger.

Usually when people take pictures, its usually of something with aesthetic value. (It just seems) you took picture of a window and curtain, rather quite random or carefully planned if you ask me.

As for the anomaly, like some have mention can be explain by shaky hands, a source of light and long exposure (is it long exposure? don't know much about camera terminology.)

Still the figure is really interesting, and I'll make my conclusion eventually. Just gonna analyze a few things still.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I see a lot of reflection in the image (including a sign in the door) which to me suggests that someone was walking past that you didn't notice at the time. Do you have any other images of this area, that are pehaps less blurred for a comparison?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Its an extremely poor picture, looks like it was taken on a long exposure, even the door frames look double exposed where they are so blurred.

Why did you take this photo? Its not of anything and taking a long exposure photo there makes no sense at all.

The figures are simply people behind your left shoulder, the things you circled are lights made to seem like they are moving because of the wobble on the long exposure of the camera.

There is nothing at all here, nothing. You see stuff because you want to see stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the input

I was taking a photo of my sons two new friends, they ran off to the camera left , i was shouting at them to come back! my camera went off anyway.

i never circled anything flyer, what is it you mean.

I just wanted to see if anyone could see the lady\alien figure in the foreground!

cheers

new topics

top topics

join