It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Alberta Surface Water Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
nasws.freelancepartnership.com...

The Beginning

Water contamination... not a new subject or story to many people, but it's something that does not come out in the open very often. Sure there is the movie based on real events, "Erin Brockovich", and many Canadians should remember the "Walkerton Tainted Water Scandal". This is a new story out of Canada. Northern Alberta, Canada to be exact, in a little town called Worsley. Population: approximately 50. This town's economy relies heavily on the forestry industry and the oil/gas industry. Many gas pipelines run through and around the town of Worsley. Companies such as Canadian Natural Resources Limited (CNRL) and Baytex have quite a large investment into the town and surrounding areas. There are also numerous natural gas processing plants in the area as well. In fact, there was a tank fire there in 1997, but you'll be hard pressed to find the story about that on the internet.

Our story begins around April 2000, with one of the residents of Worsley, a former employee of these gas and oil companies, Jim Reamsbottom. A father of four children, three of which were born prior to 2000, he's a simple man who lived in a secluded area on the outskirts of town. His water is diverted from a local creek, to a dugout for his personal use, since there are no treatment plants there. His property is between two separate gas processing plants approximately on half mile away from his property on either side. One night in early 2000, Jim witnessed excessive flaring coming from both plants. Flaring is the burning of natural gas that cannot be processed or sold. It disposes of the gas while releasing emissions into the atmosphere. Gas processing plants remove the water, hydrogen sulphide, carbon dioxide and natural gas liquids from the raw natural gas to produce the market-ready natural gas. This excessive flaring took place for two months straight at one of these plants and has never stopped, even since they produced a sulfur acidification program and documents. Jim said the flares were large enough to read a book by at two in the morning, even with the light from the flaring one half mile away.

Now, Jim worked for one of these plants in late 1995 through 1996. In his time working there, he witnessed a breach in the spill containment berm surrounding the plant (see video documentation here). The breach was in the southeast corner of the processing plant property near the flare stack. For the time he was working there, and any time afterwards, the breach was never repaired. The plant had been struck by lightning two times prior to 2000, which caused a leak of contaminants.

Continue reading story here: nasws.freelancepartnership.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

NEW!!!! Two interviews with the whistleblower himself, and I am the ineterviewer so thats why i suck but jim is good! thats all that matters.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Damn well, we failed, jim is down t o having his house conficiated, I dont know what the next step to do now, I am trying to get the word to radio stations and such, the wont answer my emails or others, posted on over 40 forums, tried to call into some radio stations, I guess this is to real for you people, we can only do so much, as to present the evidence, this is only hope in exposing these mafia corperations. I am going to keep trying but I hope someone on ATS can get wiff of this damnit, might be only hope in getting some better expeirenced people on this online contact team with the whistle blower.

join