It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German government's environmental plans may cost 500,000 jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

German government's environmental plans may cost 500,000 jobs

www.forbes.com

FRANKFURT (Thomson Financial) - ThyssenKrupp AG's chief executive Ekkehard Schulz said the German government's plans to reduce emissions and exit nuclear power production may result in up to 500,000 jobs being lost as energy-intensive industries relocate abroad, according to Sueddeutsche Zeitung.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It appears that Germany will be the first country where people will begin losing their jobs due to environmentalist plans.

Anyone from Germany knows anything about this?

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I didn't read your title properly, Muaddib. $500, 000? That's nothing in comparison to what we could lose! But a half-mil jobs? Hmm . . . that's a bit more serious. And if these business's are just moving to another country, there is nothing being done for the environment at all, and all the German government gains is lots of unhappy people and a clear conscience pollution-wise. *cough* No that doesn't remind me of Australia *cough*.

It's kinda hard to factor in human lives when you're thinking about helping the environment. I think we have damaged this planet so badly the only thing we can do now is called 'damage control.' And the common conception is if we sort the rubbish from the recyclables and install fluorescent lightbulbs we are all 'doing our part.'
:shk: Human's don't deserve a planet as lovely as this one.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Wow thats just pure crazy right there.....

I could never ever se anything like that happening here in australia...

Thats just economic policy down the drain.

Talk about economic failure...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Anyone from Germany knows anything about this?

Strange this is the first that ive heard of it

At the moment here we have a healthy economic revival which is growing and getting the unemployment down at a fast pace. There are so many jobs to be had at the moment in the engineering sector its really crazy, i just finished school as a certified engineer and got a job immediatly for exactly the conditions i wanted.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is a one sided article. It doesn't mention the jobs created by these environmental plans, it just focuses on the so-called "negatives". How many jobs are being created by the booming Solar Industry hmm? I wouldn't be surprised if the jobs created dwarfs those jobs that are lost in the long run. I guess when it comes to "preferred" economic policy, short term pain for long term gain only applies to tax cuts and deregulation.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by sardion2000]

top topics

join