It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marlboro Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Okay, so I work at a gas station (and am Indian, for stereo type lovers). Anyway, Phillip morris brand marlboro has big signs in our store that say 7.7.7 A big summer is in store. Some cartons have packs with inserts that read the same. The phillip morris rep doesn't know what its about but she said its a promotion.
And a big summer is in store?? Doesn't summer start on 6.21?
Either way, I check the Phillip morris website and found nothing. I'll take pics of the sign tommorow. Anyone know anything about this?
Edit: Added link to possibly related info
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Edit #2: To add to all the weird weather stuff floating around, etc. Louisiana state has sent everyone (this was on the advocate--Main newspaper down here) a flu awareness book on avian flu. I got my book today
[edit on 3-7-2007 by Sntzaow]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The marlboro boxes also say "horrible jew" if you turn them upside down. Has that been on this site yet?

CX

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
The marlboro boxes also say "horrible jew" if you turn them upside down. Has that been on this site yet?

Long time urban myth i believe.....unless you have proof otherwise?

Marlboro packets urban myth

CX.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, I remember years ago when collecting "Marlboro Miles" off the side of the packs that their catalogs were rather summer-centric.

Could it be a promo like that? I'm a bit out of the smoking loop at this point. Do they still have miles, catalogs, etc?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I alway's thought of somesort of Conspiracy with our 2 favorite Government Taxing bad for your health products.

Why is it that both Budweiser and Malboro share the same type of labeling with there product's, you know that rustic looking Red and White packaging. The fact that they are also the best seller's in there category not to mention both are addicting. Even though Budweiser isn't really that good of a beer it has always puzzled me as to why it's the number one sold beer in the world, I always thought there was some sort of chemical in it that makes people buy it.

Same thing with Marlboro's , all my old friends that I no longer associate with were all addicted to both of these product's. Atleast 30 of them that I knew were alway's smoking the Marlboro red's.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samblak
I alway's thought of somesort of Conspiracy with our 2 favorite Government Taxing bad for your health products.

Why is it that both Budweiser and Malboro share the same type of labeling with there product's, you know that rustic looking Red and White packaging. The fact that they are also the best seller's in there category not to mention both are addicting. Even though Budweiser isn't really that good of a beer it has always puzzled me as to why it's the number one sold beer in the world, I always thought there was some sort of chemical in it that makes people buy it.

Same thing with Marlboro's , all my old friends that I no longer associate with were all addicted to both of these product's. Atleast 30 of them that I knew were alway's smoking the Marlboro red's.

People say the same of coca cola, and I wouldn't doubt it. Coca-cola is known to have trace coc aine in there.

Originally posted by Djarums
Well, I remember years ago when collecting "Marlboro Miles" off the side of the packs that their catalogs were rather summer-centric.

Could it be a promo like that? I'm a bit out of the smoking loop at this point. Do they still have miles, catalogs, etc?

They still do catalogs and miles but its not like before. Of course, im only 17 so I dont know when your referring to. This year they are really summer-centric

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sntzaow
Phillip morris brand marlboro has big signs in our store that say 7.7.7 A big summer is in store.

Yeah I saw that too. It was at a Wallgreens I collect from and as I was standing there waiting for the signature I kept on thinking what was going to happen... lol. Maybe they are going to bring out a natural cig that isn't so addictive and healthy for you...
yeah right! :
on't mind me... going on 3 hours of sleep and getting weirder than I already am.::

Cug

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Phillip Morris has been test marketing a "no-spit" smokeless tobacco product for the last few years. Right now it available in a few test markets under the Marlboro brand.

I'd say that 7/7/07 might be the nationwide release of it.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Phillip Morris has been test marketing a "no-spit" smokeless tobacco product for the last few years. Right now it available in a few test markets under the Marlboro brand.

I'd say that 7/7/07 might be the nationwide release of it.

Maybe your onto something, but the rep didn't know about it. Regardless, new signs came in today and they just read "a big summer is in store" w/o the 777 refrence and marlboro red and light 72s came out so that maybe it. Maybe I'm looking to deep into this but you never know.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Smokeless tobacco! Cool,does this mean I can now smoke in Pubs again,im getting a cold outside all the time! Looking forward to 7/7.

Off topic-Aswell as the 3 Ks,orobl-jew thing,B,L and M (upside down)representing hanged black mens legs theres also little men in white hoods holding the Veni,vidi,vici sign(negative space between the horses? legs)
Evil rascists!
I doubt it.But ya never know?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just found this from jointogether.org
"Snus" doesnt sound very appealing to me.
I think the 7/7 thing will just be another "collect 30 tops for a Zippo"type of thing.

Marlboro Smokeless Product to Launch in August
June 12, 2007

Email Print Subscribe News Summary

Tobacco company Philip Morris is slapping its well-known Marlboro brand name on a new, non-cigarette product, the Wall Street Journal reported June 9.

The new Marlboro smokeless-tobacco product will be a form of "snus" -- small bags of powdered tobacco designed to be placed between the cheek and gum. Snus is popular in Sweden; Philip Morris will test-market its version in Texas starting later this summer; possible marketing slogans include "flavor anytime" and "not cigs, not dip, new snus."

Some analysts say it's risky for the tobacco company to be putting its Marlboro brand on an unproved product. The company sees snus as an alternative to smoking that can be used indoors without the smoke of cigarettes or the mess associated with chewing tobacco.

Philip Morris' first snus product, Taboka, is already on the market. Rival R.J. Reynolds has become the second-biggest company in the smokeless tobacco market and uses its Camel brand to sell cigarette alternatives.

While cigarette sales in the U.S. have declined, smokeless-tobacco sales risen 3-4 percent annually in recent years.

"While I would say a large-scale switch from cigarettes to smokeless tobacco isn't going to happen, it's certainly true that some smokers have switched," said industry analyst Michael Schaefer of Euromonitor.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sadly, I'm one of the fools who smokes cigarettes- Marlboro Lights, in particular. I've seen the advertisement for "07.07.07" that comes afixed to the cigarette packs, and I have it right here. It reads, in part, as follows:

"One unforgettable Summer is around the corner. That means great gifts and big prizes- including one huge pile of cash. And it all kicks off on 07.07.07. Keep your eyes open for a celebration like no other."

So in this case, I think the advertisement itself answers the question. Like some have speculated, there's no conspiracy or anything here, it's just the beginning of a big summertime promotion for Marlboro. Gifts, prizes, cash, etc. It doesn't say anything about introducing any new products on 7/7, but it could be an additional possibility.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
just noticed the same thing last night.. i held onto the little booklet because i just thought it was worded so strange. They are talking about a celebration but not saying anything about what it will be.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join