It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aztec, New Mexico or Roswell, New Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok. I'm watching a special on the National Geographic Channel.

They mentioned that an incident occurred in a place called Aztec, New Mexico, and it sounds almost exactly like the Roswell Crash.

1. The problem is, Aztec is over 400 miles away from Roswell, and was written about, in a book called "Behind the Flying Saucers".
2. The Aztec crash was reported almost 30 years before the Roswell crash became well-known.

So, I am hoping some intelligent UFO scholars will be able to tell me a little about these to incidents, and maybe help me figure out which one was real, and which one was hoax.

Thanks.

H

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
INtresting, i have never heard this before, but its worth a look into, what the name of the Program exactly, then youtube it and see if its on there, it might be (if it aired tonight, itll be on tommorow) so... got to give us more info to digg into here.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A quick youtube search has brought up a bunch of videos, i am looking to find one that is good, there is one that is a 14 part video (5minx14) Can't watch now, too tired. linky ->

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Discussing the Aztec saucer story :

In fact this was not a new story: aviation historian Curtis Peebles dates it back to a prank account published by the Aztec Independent Review in 1948, which mentioned a saucer crash and little men from Venus. visupview.blogspot.com...

Based on what little I can find, the piece was written by George Bowra. Does anyone know have the text of the original 948 Aztec Independent Review article?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus
Ok. I'm watching a special on the National Geographic Channel.

They mentioned that an incident occurred in a place called Aztec, New Mexico, and it sounds almost exactly like the Roswell Crash.

1. The problem is, Aztec is over 400 miles away from Roswell, and was written about, in a book called "Behind the Flying Saucers".
2. The Aztec crash was reported almost 30 years before the Roswell crash became well-known.

So, I am hoping some intelligent UFO scholars will be able to tell me a little about these to incidents, and maybe help me figure out which one was real, and which one was hoax.

Thanks.

H
The Roswell crash was one of three ufo crashes the night of July 4,1947 that were brought down by high powered radar. #1 Mac Brazel ranch #2 Walter Haut #3 Jim Ragsdale, have signed affidavits. Updated information on other New Mexico Crashes ....Aztec crash ........Plains of San Augustin crash

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here's another reference to the seed of the Aztec saucer hoax being a joke in newspaper, but this story does note identify the date as 1948:

Bob Weaver, president of the Aztec Museum's board of directors, says the late George B. Bowra, 1950s editor of the now-defunct Aztec Independent Review newspaper, wrote a report of a UFO crash as a joke.
"I don't remember the year, I just remember what he told me," Weaver said. "He said it would be fun to put something like that in the paper. Albuquerque Journal May 16, 1998
Another quote from the same article, from the late Karl Pflock:

"At least the basis for the Roswell story was real. Something really did happen," Pflock said. "Aztec started as a myth, a total con job from the very beginning."

top topics

join