It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird movie trailer (any hints?) Cloverfield

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You're probably going to see this image in "1-18-08 monster revealed" posts on the internet.

Well, it's not.

It's an concept art from the Pramount panel for a movie called The Spiderwick Chronicles.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by The Big O]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
More detailed post of what JJ said:

“I want a monster movie, I've wanted one for so long. I was in Japan with my son and all he wanted to do is go to toy stores. And we saw all these Godzilla toys, and I thought, we need our own monster, and not King Kong, King Kong's adorable. I wanted something that was just insane and intense. It's almost done shooting and I watch dailies and I'm more excited for them than the trailer, which has had an overwhelming response. We have 6 months before this comes out. We're going to have a whole bunch of things, a whole bunch more."

He said a full trailer, more clips, full posters, and much more will be coming out over the next 6 months, including the name, which he will NOT reveal today.

“You think we'd call it Monstrous? No…

You can read the post here.

Curses! Foiled again!

Personally...I think they should leave it just at 1-18-08, but that's me.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Curses! Foiled again!

as suspected...

Personally...I think they should leave it just at 1-18-08, but that's me.

me too...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
More news from Aint It Cool, this time from Harry himself:

Hey folks, Harry here.... I'm on the 101 north of San Francisco headed for Eureka, Ca to settle in tonight - and while driving, I had a bit of a Eureka moment with a spy revealing that the below MONSTROUS poster is the first of 3 teaser posters that will lead to the TITLE reveal poster. First we'll have "MONSTROUS" - next we will have "BARBAROUS" - then we will have "FEROCIOUS" - To me - these phrases are not even spoilers - but if you're like me - if MONSTROUS is a headless Statue of Liberty - what images go with BARBAROUS and FEROCIOUS? -- The title? Well, I don't want to spoil it, so you should go ask, Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin!

So it looks like Monstrous might actually be affiliated with the movie after all....we'll have to wait and see.

Also, if the name Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin sounds familiar it should. That's the name of the one and only X-Men Colossus. Could that be the title? Hrmmm.....

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
New image posted. This one has a time stamp of 12:01 and is a close of of two guys and a girl at the party from the trailer.

Click here to see it.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
ok so here is the first poster the only thing is you may see different logos on top like "monstrous" but that not the name of the movie just slogans!

I also noticed that the styatue looks like its facing the wrong way

[edit on 7/29/2007 by razor1000]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The fist thing I notice on the poster is the giant claw marks on the back.
This is reall starting to look like godzilla, lets hope this thing isn't even a lizard...

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For all those big robot lovers out there...keep your hopes up. If you head to the Slusho.jp site, it's been updated. Click on the flavors button. BLAMO. Robots unite!

The STORE tab and HAPPY TALK icons work as well. The music is also dynamic to which part of the site your on.

Now that this thing has been cracked open, I'll be interested to see if the ARG sites out there are able to figure anything out.

If this is indeed an ARG it looks like all the pieces needed to play are starting to come together now.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I am so buying a SLUSHO! t-shirt.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ahhhh.....Myspace...what would an ARG be without them.

For those interested...here are the "Myspace" pages for all the main characters in the film:

Beth

Rob

Hudson

Hawk

Lil

Jamie

LenaDia

All of them only have each other as friends. All of them have fleshed out pages with pictures of each other. And all of them are updated around the same time.

The ARG community is pretty sure they're legit, and they've even started to discover fake pages that are ripping things from these legit profiles left and right.

I'll posted anything else the ARG community is able to track down. Looks like these pages are going to be our windows into the backgrounds of each of these characters.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You can flip the two pictures from the party at 1-18-08.com over by clicking on them with your mouse and then shaking it from left to right or up and down.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
OK so i've come to some conclusions:
no its not godzilla or voltron or cthulu
i'm taking JJ at his word that this is something original for the US like godzilla is for Japan.

so now the question is what monster could it be cuz i doubth he made one one. most likely he loooked up something from American Indian tales thats where i'm going to go with this from now on until something else shows up.

what if it was something like this
www.newanimal.org...

[edit on 8/1/2007 by razor1000]

[edit on 8/1/2007 by razor1000]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I see claw marks and it looks like whatever ripped through the city went into the water. Im thinking godzilla
and that makes me sad. I would seriously rather see the flying spagetti monster then godzilla.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
And those claw marks were huge!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I see claw marks and it looks like whatever ripped through the city went into the water. Im thinking godzilla
and that makes me sad. I would seriously rather see the flying spagetti monster then godzilla.

well, it's not godzilla, we've got that confirmed now. ..thank god, i say.
and i'm pretty sure jj is capable of coming up with something new/original, or at least something we've not seen before. there's a lot of mythological creatures in history he could use, and it would still seem new to most of us, i'm sure.
that man has enough imagination to give us something other than "a new godzilla".

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Some cool set photos can be found by clicking on this thread at the Unfiction Forums.

There are some neat things in the pictures.

Evidently, the set passes have the word "Chocolate" on them.

Also, the shooting permits have the production titled "Cheese."

Hrmmm...

More reporting as things develop.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There are some cool Youtube videos that can be found on this guys page.

My favorite is the grip slamming the sledge hammer onto the hood of an old BMW.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
'i didnt read through the whole thread. But its a definite its not godzilla?? It would be great if this is something fresh.... its been a while

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
yeah.

that's why one should always read eeeverything ;D
it's even on this very page.. :p

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hey here is the latest and greatest
Link
and heres more juice onthis movie this is an old post from the beguining of the year so its for real
seriouslyomg.com...

[edit on 8/4/2007 by razor1000]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join