It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas attempts to gain control of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Hamas attempts to gain control of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem

www.jpost.com

Hamas attempts to gain control of the Temple Mount and recruit new Israeli-Arab operatives in east Jerusalem have been foiled by the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency), a senior security official announced on Monday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hamas is sure getting brazen in their attempts on Israel since they have had success at taking over the Gaza strip.

Now this plot gets foiled, years in the making they are not likely to give up infact,"Their goal is to gain full control over the Temple Mount," I dont see them quiting untill this end is met.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I would have to agree with you that Hamas is becoming more and more brazen in thier attacks lately. I suppose that the increased rhetoric from Iran and Hezbollah have some impact in that regard as well. I find it very interesting that Hamas feels the need to sieze control of the holy mount, though, since most of it is already under Muslim control and the only part of the mount that is currently being used by Jews is the Western Wall of the Mount, or Wailing Wall.

Still, I firmly believe that these type of attacks on and destruction of the Jewish and Christian Holy sites, in Jerusalem, are part and parcel of the goals of Hamas, Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda and all Islamic Militant groups. I also believe that we will start seeing a big upsurge in the number and size of those attacks as we approach the Jewish high holy days.

Very disturbing stuff, the_sentinal, thanks for posting it.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Time to use chemical weapons on Hamas........Scare the living hell out of them with blister agent. Then repeat.....Hamas is scum...The SB kicked some butt, good for them

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Time to use chemical weapons on Hamas........Scare the living hell out of them with blister agent. Then repeat.....Hamas is scum...The SB kicked some butt, good for them

I believe that a Hamas takeover would give Israel exactly the reason they would need, to facilitate a take over of the temple mount by the IDF, a move that would surely inflame the whole Islamic world, and possibly cause a third world war.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You all should read Zecheriah 8-14 and check it out. Everything that is happening was foretold by quite a few people. It is going to be a HOT summer on the planet, we will be lucky to see October without some major major thing happening somewhere. Watch Syria closely in this newest round of Israel - Hamas/Fatah. The Temple Mount will have to go back to the Jews eventually, so I don't know what the muslims are fighting for. They only keep it because it pisses off the Jews so much, Jerusalemis not even mentioned in the quran, only Mecca and Medina are mentioned as holy citys in Islam.

I aint a bettingman but I say it will be North Korea that starts it all though. Not because he wants to, mind you, but because with all thats happening all over the world, no oneis paying attention to "Lil' Kim Ill" and when he feels he is getting no attention he makes some for himself... He did fire three misiles in the last week andlast year on the fourth he tested a few. If I recall right that day a space shuttle launched too...

The sad thing about all this is the poor Jews and Palestinians that just want to live their lives without fear of death. Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wait one minute... Attack?!?

No, this wasn't an attack. Read the original news article. This was the equivalent of building a church and putting up flyers.

Yes, they are increasing their presence there to bolster support for their cause, but this was in no way an attack... there were no weapons used, and nobody is injured.

If this justifies the use of force against Hezbollah, then you had better start hiring snipers to deal with the next door to door bible salesman.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I say let them take it over....just long enough so those mosques (which are an abomination on such a holy place) will be destroyed in the process of getting it back.

Then the true Temple to God can built where it belongs!

[edit on 7/3/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Where are you people getting all this imaginary stuff from? Attack? Takeover? Sheesh, the Israelis took down Hamas social services and confiscated 400,000.00 worth of donations that THEY CLAIM was going to purchase weapons and what not. How does anyone here know what was actually going on? The Israeli idea of recruiting was people going to them for help LOL I think its obvious they do not want anything Palestinian remotely recieving help and definitely they dont want money getting to them. I wonder where the 400K will end up. Obviously not back to the Palestinians it was intended to help, but to Israel to purchase more weapons for the Israelis to kill Palestinians LOL Who is the real terrorists in this BS story.

This is just more of the coup de etat the Israelis have perpetrated against the Palestinian people. The Hamas government was the elected government of the people. They chose them because of their social programs and their will to protect the people was stronger then Fatahs willingness to allow Israel to push them around and for Fatah to steal their money. Israel of course wants Fatah now even though they didn't want them before which was why they called for elections in the first place.

Just watch what happens after they get rid of Hamas. There will be another new reason for them to start killing Fatah members too.

Of course people are going to flock to them. They are starving.

What a crock

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I say let them take it over....just long enough so those mosques (which are an abomination on such a holy place) will be destroyed in the process of getting it back.

Funny you should say that, many believe that exact senerio will be played out in a shocking fullfillment of bible prophecy, but sadly many will not view the events as being prophetic and dismiss them as being mearly anti-Islamic events. In any event should the Jewish Temple be rebuilt on that spot through some future turn of events it could usher in the Abomination of Desolation spoken of in the bible. No doubt some believe that the Islamic mosque that sits there now could be the Abomination.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

i find it real intresting you and others talk about how fanatics will do anything to destroy what you and others believe and cherish yet you openly call for the destruction of muslim places of worship. doesnt that make you and others on the same level as the scum that you talk against?

[edit on 3-7-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
To be honest, I just don't think they belong there. I'm not calling for any deaths...in a perfect world, they'd just be peaceably taken down to allow the Jewish Temple to be built there.

If it was a Christian church on the site, I'd say the same thing.

That site belongs to the Jews.

What you think about a Jewish synagogue built around the Kabba in Mecca? Same thing.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

i find it real intresting you and others talk about how fanatics will do anything to destroy what you and others believe and cherish yet you openly call for the destruction of muslim places of worship. doesnt that make you and others on the same level as the scum that you talk against?

Yeah thats exactly as I see it. Both sides think they are justified cuz they have God on their side... Silliness.

I guess that's why people say religion causes war.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

To be honest, I just don't think they belong there. I'm not calling for any deaths...in a perfect world, they'd just be peaceably taken down to allow the Jewish Temple to be built there.

If it was a Christian church on the site, I'd say the same thing.

That site belongs to the Jews.

oh please that is the holiest site to three diffrent faiths and one fait has no right for full control over it. the site belonds to muslims, jews and christains live with it

What you think about a Jewish synagogue built around the Kabba in Mecca? Same thing.

if jews had a holy site in mecca it would be a diffrent story, they dont have any religous importance in mecca so i dont see where you can draw your conclusons

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloak and Dagger

Yeah thats exactly as I see it. Both sides think they are justified cuz they have God on their side... Silliness.

I guess that's why people say religion causes war.

reminds me of a quote

Before I lose it, I will burn it to the ground. Your holy places - ours. Every last thing in Jerusalem that drives men mad.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, if you ask me, all the issues in the Middle East are somewhat ridiculous. Israel is like the disruptive kid in class who makes the teacher stop everything and focus on him because he took some kids pencil case. Israel is holding us all back, anytime we want to talk to an Arab nation we have to explain away our involvement with Isreal. Most of the Mid East hates us because of our support for Israel.

It's ridiculous to still be arguing over who's God owns this chuck of dessert. I dunno how often your guys read your Bibles but the Jews had to kill a lot of people to get into Israel in the first place. I still don't understand how it belongs to the Jews just because they said so. We could use the same argument to say that Christians own it because God gave it to us during the Crusades. (Then took it away, then gave it back, then almost gave it back, then gave it back, then took it away again, then gave us something better to do)

Christians are the only ones not represented in this whole struggle and our faith originates from the territory as much as Islam or Judaism. If anything, Christians have more claim to the area than Muslims do. I'm almost ready to take the Mormon route and say the Holy Land is right here in America.

I think now is a good time for my sig lol

new topics

top topics

join