It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop-newbie here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Im trying to cut a person out and put them in another picture.
Kinda like cutting a person out and putting them beside Elvis to make it look like they were there.
I used the magic wand and highlight them but thats as far as I got, and maybe magic wand isnt even what you would use.

edit: I would have used a search for simular topics but search isnt working, trying the www right now but its a jumble of info

[edit on 2-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Depending on the image the best and most accurate way is to use the pen tool and cut the figure out, unfortunately the pen tool is fairly difficult for most users let alone someone just beginning. Second best IMO would be to use a layer mask and mask everything except the figure, then move it into the new background. Just search the internet for layer mask.

If you can't figure out how to do a layer mask then just double the layer, turn off the bottom one and with a small hard brush erase all but the figure you want....using a high magnification and a small brush for the detailed bits.

Good luck....

[edit on 7/2/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here's a tutorial that helped me when I first learned how to use Photoshop

How to Separate an Image from its Background

Aside from that there are several good tutorials on that site. Enjoy.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks guys thats all I needed was a boost. This looks fun.
Thanks for the link also.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I was reading along because I can't figure out Photoshop either. It's not exactly self-evident how to do stuff on there.

Thanks for the link, dbates. I get to practice now...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have done quite a few jobs of removing people from photos mainly for a wedding photographer.
Anyway, i use the magnetic lasso tool and move it slowly around the portion you want to cut out. it will follpw the outline automaticly, if you want to intervene just left click where you need to.
At the top of the screen where it says "feather" set it to 2 pixles. and work with your picture as large as you can.
Oh, and when you have gone all around the pic and you get back to the start point, double click on it then you can cut or copy.
hope this helps
jon

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Another general tip for novices using photoshop.

Do a GOOGLE search for "photoshop tutorials"

Once you have a site selected browse there for "novice tutorials" or "beginners tutorials" or something along those lines.

top topics

join