It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THEY Came from Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As Michio Kaku said, we are in an evolutionary period of going from a type 0 to a type 1 society, which I would tend to think would be a dangerous time in the evolution of humanity. So maybe the ET are here to somewhat save us from ourselves. If they are from the future, maybe they already know that we need guidance and support to make their civilization exist as it does in their current time. That being said that opens another big can of worms as far as how that would work in science terms.

I really like the theory that they may be from another dimension and are a civilization that had already mastered inter-dimensional travel and know how to harness the power of the cosmos.

I also find the theories of CPdaman quite plausible as well. I think it is quite possible that we humans did not just evolve like normal animals, but were somewhat helped along the way to making a highly intelligent being. Perhaps the bloodlines were kept in tact so that there was an in tact so that there was a power structure in place to guide human evolution into becoming a type 1 civilization.

Sephilim and nephilim, annunaki, etc. are definitely a possible source of this outside "help" that we humans have received. They are well documented in religious books and were intimated by many of the ancient cultures. Pyramid construction, wall paintings, sand drawing, and other ancient artifacts definitely point to something like this being in the realm of possibility. I think if this is true. It is quite a possibility that the majority of humans have been kept in the dark about the nature of this outside source as not to affect the outcome of the evolution of humanity as a whole.

A Nibiru planet? Maybe, that is the "mother ship" for the ET in this dimension. I don't know about that, but it is a possibility. Maybe we'll be "jumping ship" if bad things go down on our planet, war or possible polar shift occurs or is going to occur that would hinder humanity's chances of further evolution. Or perhaps this could be the beginning of our future evolution?

Here's an interesting link on Nibiru planets and it's links to ET and history:

www.crystalinks.com...

Who knows? I guess anything is possible in the future. I do have a feeling that humankind may have had along their journey to and through evolution as an intelligent species. It's very interesting to think about.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Theory of believer.

Very interesting subject that you have brought here. I was always fascinated by the spiritual teachers of the Himalayas and other rejoin.
The monk that killed himself in meditation:
In a lost corner of Tibet, a team of international scientists have uncovered a 500-year-old body... perfectly intact.
It wasn't embalmed like the Egyptian pharaohs. Nor was it preserved in a glacier like the ice mummies of the Alps and Andes. So, why has this body never decayed?
Its existence is a mystery that Victor Mair, one of the world's top anthropologists and his team of forensic experts, are determined to solve.
Their astonishing revelation - this man actually mummified himself.
Western man (not in general) try to find the meaning of his life in the material realm, eastern man (not in general) try the same quest in the psychic realm.
In reading many books related to UFO, psychic and psychology (mainly C.G. Yong) I thought about the difference between now and before.
As we have gone threw one small step in material need for the past 2 to 3 thousands years and giant step in spiritual need (countless religions and teachers) , now in the modern age we have gone and still run to an incredible path in material need (technology) and a less important step in the spiritual realm .
Where ever this alleged "Entity" come from (futures, parallel universe, or others plain) I have a strange feeling that we as Earthling have not yet fulfill the difficult balance between material and spiritual. Consequently those "Entity" are tempering with our modern existence to make sure that the 2 facets of the universe (material & psychic) are balanced so to reach fulfillment in our evolutionary process.
Richard Dawkins has point, organized religion are detrimental to our growth but I cant believe in a world that is governed as a mechanical clock...who made this clock!!!
Most likely those "Entity" have gone threw the same evolution pathway. Most likely those "Entity" wants our comfort in this difficult time of transition.
Most likely those "Entity" have an agenda. And it is most likely that this agenda is the same as our one; how did every thing started and who started it.
I am sure you all have heard about this kind of theory and have thought about it maybe. What is interesting is how our view of the world has change from not questioning and believing to question and judge each details of our life...
To finish, In my opinion we are here now for a roller cost ride of all time in search of once truth.
Ps. English is not my mother tongue so I am sorry for the lack of academic structure for this mail.
Thank you

Marcel.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
A couple of others have indicated this, but if we're just asking which hypothesis is more plausible - aliens in spaceships vs. future humans in time machines - then I'm going to have to go with aliens in spaceships. Why? Simply because we know for a fact that space travel is possible (not getting into distance/time etc.) because we have done it, whereas we don't know at all if time travel is possible (even if it is). So yeah, I have an easier time believing in aliens than time travelers, but I'm not discounting the possibility either.

Moving on, the time traveler hypothesis does help explain why contact is not made more overt (the whole "White House lawn" example) in order to minimize the effect on the future. Problem is, even without overt contact or official disclosure, they have already made a lasting impact - in popular culture.

Think about it - ETs and UFOs are pervasive in pop culture. Almost everywhere you look there is something that references or has been influenced by the phenomenon. And before you say that that is a minor effect, it would be wise to remember how powerful popular culture can be in shaping history and the future alike. I've made a study of this in my professional work, and let me tell you - do not underestimate the society-shaping potential of pop culture. It can bring down or prop up kings and presidents, and that's pretty powerful if you ask me.

If they are time travelers, they are leaving a massive footprint, the likes of which would send Doc Brown into a coma.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by CrowServo]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I don't see why some people think that it is more plausible that they are time travellers than from another star.
In fact it is more plausible and practical that they are from another star system.
Reasons for this being that time travel into the future is impossible as the future has not yet happend therefore doesn't exist as a destination, and if these creatures had travelled into the past they would have altered the timeline which could have disasterous consequences in thier own time.
These beings are obviously much more advanced than us, therefore they have found a way to travel faster than light, or bend time and space itself to travel the vast distances of space.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
[www.abovetopsecret.com...]The Alpha and the Omega (A theory of where we came from and how we got here)[/url]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hi there, cool thread...
Well when it comes down to the topic of aliens and ufos it seems to me that the possibilities are endless... but as this is a personal understanding of this subject (from my research) I would have to say its a stronger chance that these aliens are off-worlders... the reason behind this is the ever growing abduction of people. If they (the aliens) are from our future shouldn't they have some kind of a record/s about our evolution or development up to there time? and sure if I was given a time machine I would use it, but a sensible person would wonder what kind of damage they would be making if they go and disturb the past...
Ok let us say they are from the future, if we are talking about the classic grays, then how come all our diversity and skin color end up gray? And what happens to our eyes? What about our hair? And according to the info out there they don't even have definable gender! So what happens to us in the future?
And when you said they come from the future to study us, our biology and history, again don't we (the future us) have some kind of records, books, a supercomputers that contain millions if not billions of info about the past? I think it is more probable that they are from another world; I mean what is the point to the constant abductions, the physical scaring, and the psychological damages.
And if I am understanding what Crowservo was saying is that these aliens are leaving pieces of bread crumbs behind that keeps us wondering who/what are they and what do they want and with that change our/their history. Why?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think it's as good a theory as any other. It's been said that if time travel to the past is possible then where are all the time travelers? If Humans can then "they" will and should be here.

I remember seeing an article once about the projected evolution according to our environment and reliance on technology. Our teeth would fall out and mouths become smaller because of using supplements to supply a sort of super nutrition, our use of computers and monitors would eventuate in longer fingers and larger eyes, brain interfaces would result in a larger brain, less physical activity, resulting in smaller frame and shorter legs, the eventual mixing of the races making for change in pigmentation. Didn't mention anything about aliens though.

Perhaps the human race eventually goes sterile, that would explain the supposed breeding program.

Fun to speculate, but I'm sure when contact is made, we may find them to be something we wouldn't have expected.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Id like to beleive that were visited by both time travellers and Aliens / inter dimesional beings, I mean with an Infinatley sized universe surley we have to look at an Infinate amount of possibilities ...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Aliens being form the future is a theory that I have held for a long long time.
think about this, if you take a photocopy of a documents and then take a photocopy of that photocopy, then take another photocopy of that photocopy then you would notice that each copy is degraded more and more with each subsequent copy. the same theory fits with the human genome (sp?). If you was to clone a human and then make a clone of that clone and so on and so forth then each clone would have a weaker genetic makeup than its predecessor.
Alien abductions comonly started being reported in the 1970's, around about the same time as research into cloning and test tube babies etc started to take place.

We know that evolution takes away what an animal does not use or no longer requires. Therefore what is to say that at some point in the future the human race decides to clone its babies in order to breed out desease or simply to produce designer babies. If this becomes common place then evolution could simply step in and take away are ability to reproduce.
Of course there could be other reasons for the human race to become sterile but it is likely that through designer babies and the playing around with our own gene seuence we bring it on ourselves.
Anyway it does not matter how it happens, lets just assume that it happens
In this scenario our only hope for survival is to reproduce through cloning. At first this would be fine but over a period of a few thousand years the gene sequence would become weaker and weaker, just like the photocopies of a photocopy. In order to survive we would desperatly need a new injection of pure human genes. They ideally would require genes from the nearest undiluted form to themselves that they could get.

now asume that in a few thousand years time that we have the ability to time travel. This would be the best way to harvest these genes and bring them back in order to create new clones or petri dish babies. They would have to choose the time period for harvesting carefully of course, too far back and you have impurities that evolution hasnt yet worked out and maybe deaseases that have not been iradicated. If it was too close to their present time then there is a risk of taking copies of copies again. the ideal time period to collect the genes from would be from the time where genetic research first began through to the point where human cloning first occured (any time now). Our time offers them the purist possible pool of genes to harvest from. Hence alien abductions and the reported egg collections from women. It could also explain the hybrids that people have reportedly seen. If you think about it in this way I think that the whole alien abduction thing makes total sense.

apc

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The problem I have with the idea that our guests are from another star system is motive. If they're ETs, what is their motive? Why waste the time and energy to come poke sticks at a bunch of weak pathetic ants barely aware of their own existence?

Our descendants have a clear motive: Paleontology.

Depending on how far in the future they may come from, altering the present, their past, would have negligible impact. What impact would one of us have going back to witness the pyramids being built in Egypt? As long as you didn't kill King Tut, maybe a scribble on a wall about some magical being (along with all the others). The modern world as we know it would be unchanged.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
As long as you didn't kill King Tut, maybe a scribble on a wall about some magical being (along with all the others). The modern world as we know it would be unchanged.

What about the butterfly effect? Imagine the chaos an alien ship from the future would cause to our timeline by just landing.

apc

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It depends on how far from the future it is. A ship from a hundred years from now, yeah it would have catastrophic effects on their time. But a ship from a hundred thousand years in the future would be so far removed that any blip in the timeline would be like a mosquito on a radar screen.

Consider the possibility that UFOs are ourselves from the future. How much have they affected our world, save a few blockbuster movies and rides at the themeparks... not much. Our books on the subject would be the equivalent of the guy with a big head carved on an ancient temple wall: Meaningless.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by apc]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi:

Yes, this is an interesting subject. The reality that non-human-created/controlled craft regularly appear on earth is easily established:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

I am going again to see them this year. What/who they are is a subject of legitimate speculation. As Greer says, the ETs are BOTH extraterrestrial and inter-dimensional. And inter-dimensional includes the idea of time travel too. The reality is far, far beyond what humanity can currently IMAGINE. Michael Topper has interesting things to say about the phenomenon.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

One reason why the ETs all look humanoid is that they may be genetically related, which also means that humans are not indigenous to earth (and there are other theories). The universe is a big, old place. It is no great stretch to imagine that if our galactic neighbors are ONLY a few million years ahead of us evolutionarily (or 100 million years, which is a coffee break on the galactic level), that they could well have influenced evolution on earth, helping the sentient apes appear.

The technologies that humans have gleaned from downed craft and other avenues to ET technology are very real:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

but not all advanced technologies (including free energy and anti-gravity) are simply reverse-engineered alien technologies:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

There is no-one-size-fits-all explanation of the ET phenomenon, and the most untenable is that it is a mass illusion or other debunker explanation. The “skeptics” are a very dishonest lot, as I discovered first-hand.

www.ahealedplanet.net...

That does not mean that all the ET enthusiasts are right, either. The only antidote to speculation is to go find out for yourself. ETs are not difficult to engage, if you go hunting and have the right attitude.

Wade

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
To be honest, I could believe in time travelling "observer craft" a lot more easily than greens, grays, and lizardmen.

And what's funny is that I was just thinking about this the other day. I was remembering how wierd that test-flight's blue exhaust flames looked several years back, how it appeared to be a giant flaming blue bird streaking up into the night sky, before zipping off. In retrospect, it looked a helluva lot like the Thunderbird designs I've seen woven and painted into various tribal blankets and arts.

An airplane would be the perfect observational tool for time travel, because it would have almost no impact on the past, and with today's technology can read a postage stamp from 80k feet plus. You'd never have to worry about "getting discovered" because the plane would be mistaken for a dragon, a thunderbird, a god or goddess. If it were a silent craft, it might never even be seen, because before flight, people only needed to look up to gauge their position or to observe the stars. And if you ever landed, well, you'd be gods. A craft descending from the sky and humans coming out, in 500BC? Oh yeah. Gods in chariots of fire.

Put weapons on the craft, like lasers, you've got Zeus' lightning bolts, but only a maniac or a fool would start killing humans off in the past.

We've already watched as Cargo Cults formed in WWII from tribes that had never witnessed planes before watched in amazement as planes landed and the servicemen inside disembarked. I could definitely see religions springing up around this in more primitive times.

And the advances we've already made in time, such as discovering time passes differently the faster mass moves, combined with the incredible advances we've made in aerospace technology and vehicles... I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that it might be going on right now, and almost certainly within the next 100 years.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And the advances we've already made in time, such as discovering time passes differently the faster mass moves, combined with the incredible advances we've made in aerospace technology

UFOs don't fly and as such don't have advanced aerospace technology. The vast majority of reports says the objects aren't even aerodynamic. They move in a different manner.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A decade ago, when I was in middle school, I had the same thoughts. One day, I had a revelation that exceeded my understanding at the time. I came up with a few theories, analyzed them, and created a standard theory of the "Grey". It follows along the lines of what is occuring today. Since "life" is a cycle that can be analized similarly to a sin wave, we can see that it may in fact be very possible to travel backwards and forwards along this line. The world is at tension with nuclear war, machines are becoming self aware, we have programs writing programs. Soon we'll combat with our soon to be sentient machines. I have a long detailed theory about "Greys" and how they came to be, but you'll have to send me a message, it's too much to type here.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
UFOs don't fly and as such don't have advanced aerospace technology. The vast majority of reports says the objects aren't even aerodynamic. They move in a different manner.

I don't quite follow your logic.

An Unidentified Flying Object doesn't fly?

And how would their "not flying" lead to the conclusion that they don't have advanced aerospace technology?

Regardless, though, I was referring to actual human aircraft, not balls of swamp gas, ball lightning, etc. The stealth fighter, for instance, would certainly qualify as "advanced aerospace technology" in my book, despite the fact it's still probably 30 to 50 years old from concept and prototype. I can only begin to imagine what they are capable of designing and prototyping with today's technology.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That is some very intelligent theorizing, my friend, especially for a UFO Noob if you will..

You might not be that far off, either. Taking into account the amount of technology that the government hides from us, it could in fact be the government in which carries out these technological explorations. Traveling around in top secret anti-grav machines, and using humans like gerbils in research.

On the other side... If it were an advanced human race, then we are as dumb as rocks. It is like fish in a bowl, they don't know anything other than that bowl, even if they are staring right at you outside the bowl. They dont know that you can exist without gills, etc..

Maybe we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I don't quite follow your logic.

An Unidentified Flying Object doesn't fly?

He is just short on words. He simply meant to say "Antigrav".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join