It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.X: TheLibra Unbalanced (ep1 - Space)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
PODcast:

TheLibra Unbalanced (ep1 - Space)

The first of hopefully many episodes in a humorous variety show similar to RadioLab. In this Premier Episode, discuss the Space Elevator, listen to "Grooves In Space", and for the first time ever, air an exclusive interview with the former planet Pluto! It's a large download, but well worth it. If enough interest is shown, in future episodes we'll be interviewing Freezepop and BentTV. So please, if you enjoy the show, remember to flag it.

length: 12:12
file: atsxpod_2376.mp3
size: 22897k
feed: atsx

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Very good! loved it,

I cant wait for more now, I love the pluto bit and the music was Fab!

Great work!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks Asala! That means a lot. I really hope it takes off. I expect that this will probably be a once-a-month release, due to the incredible amount of time it takes to make one of these. This one took me about 3 weeks, and that was working on it most days for about 2-3 hours a day.

I'm trying to think of a theme for the next one. If I interview Freezepop, it'll probably be "Video Games", but am also open to other theme ideas.

Also, if anyone has questions, comments, etc, they'd like read and answered in the podcast, this'd be a good place to put them, or U2U if you're shy.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Some other things I hope to achieve with future episodes:

• Martial Arts themed episode including an interview with "The Ninja" from Ask A Ninja.

• Video Games themed episode including an interview with Freezepop (from Guitar Hero I and II).

• Skills that sound dirty but aren't example, the Texas Dry Rub.

• Interview with Bent TV Productions, creators of the Star Wars Gangsta Rap.

As well as lots of other things. Also open to content ideas, if anyone has any.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by thelibra]

• posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:15 AM
    link   
    Great Podcast..Home Run!

Very well planned out and executed. All the hard work is translated in the overall good quality of the 'cast.

I will look forward to hearing more from TheLibra Unbalanced.

Flagging it for sure...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:52 PM
    link   
    Thank you, Johnny!

I've just contacted TAPS (for Jason and Grant) and Mythbusters (for Adam and Jamie) to see about an interview with them as well.

I'd like to do an episode on the Paranormal and one on Special Effects, and figured those four guests would be prime candidates.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:08 PM
    link   
    Hey Libra....

LOVE IT! I Give it 4 RABBITS UP for creativity and content. It was well thought out, kept my interest... and the SPECIAL EFFECTS were TOP NOTCH!

Me thinks Johnny and I could use a talent like yours on the ATS MIX.

The MUTHA is FLAGGED!

Great Job!

Dave

[edit on 7/3/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:31 AM
    link   
    Thanks Dave!

I'd be happy to help out in ATS Mix if y'all need me. It's hella fun to make these things.

I've just emailed Garrison Keillor to see if he's up for an interview. Since he's one of the three biggest inspirations, I really hope he accepts.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:27 AM
    link   
    Just had a listen and like the song a lot
    Has a cool groove to it

Did you make it yourself and if so what did you use to make it?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:54 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
    Just had a listen and like the song a lot
    Has a cool groove to it

Did you make it yourself and if so what did you use to make it?

Thank you for the compliment!
    Actually, my wife and I both made the song. It was originally done using Plasma 2003, which was basically a cheap $50 ACID hack, but it was the best I could afford at the time. However, since then I've changed operating systems and Plasma 2003 doesn't work on XP. Then a friend was kind enough to lend me Cool Edit Pro, but I lost the disc before I could install it (boy did that make them mad).

Fortunately, in the last couple of years, other companies have begun their own versions of the ACID hack, and I discoved the newly released Magix Music Maker Basic Edition, and I have to say, for a free program, it is FANTASTIC. I'm seriously considering buying the full version if it fixes a few minor bugs. Now Grooves in Space wasn't made on MMBE, but it's basically the same as Plasma 2003.

If you'd like to download just the MP3 of Grooves in space, you can find it here. I haven't posted any of our other songs there yet, due to getting distracted, but I think I might just have to start getting some more up there if y'all like them. The next podcast will feature another song by Two Libras (we have 3 total so far).

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:40 PM
    link   
    I like it
    Flagged, can't wait for more

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:18 AM
    link   
    Thanks man. I can't wait either, but the wife has a few chores I've got to finish before she'll let me spend another 3 weeks making one. I'm trying to knock them all out this week so I can get a start on the new episode next week.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:57 PM
    link   
    That was great!

The song in the middle was brilliant, really - Reminded me a lot of something by Circulation, their 'Colours' LP is a favourite of mine. Excellent stuff.

The Pluto interview was frigging hilarious!........ I'll be keeping an eye out for episode 2!

[edit on 12-7-2007 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:29 AM
    link   
    Thank you very much!

Episode 2's musical choice will largely depend on whether or not Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters agree to the interview, or if I'm interviewing Freezepop instead. If it's GH, then I'll feature another song by Two Libras, otherwise, it'll most likely feature a song by Freezepop.

new topics

top topics

join