It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Device Similar To Pipe Bomb Explodes Near Downtown Disney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
well lets see a crude device that explodes around the fourth of july yep yep must be alqeda. no it probably was some dumb kid trying to make a big homemade fire cracker. when i was a kid i did dumbass crap just like that in my back yard from little cans packed with black powder too glass pepsi bottles with a cap modified to contain a bike tire stem lord was that one dangerous we threw one in an empty school parking lot during summer vaction it threw glass shards 80 feet. but yeah thiw was probably some dumb kid . but know if the real terrorist wanted to do like glascow we would have no defense as gasoline and propane tanks are not regulated.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Us kid's sure were alot more creative 20 year's ago ,lol. Nowaday's kid's are all fat and play video games. I never see kid's outside in my neighborhood, when i was a kid there was always like 10-15 of us outside doing creative things. I just bought my parents house , I still see the school bus picking up kids but they hardly go outside.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We used to make carbide cannons out of 3 Lb coffee cans. Holy crap! They sounded like freakin C4 when we set them off. Could shoot a soccer ball 300 yds. And the cops, whew! Always had cops coming after us.

Made one of my friends deaf for 6 hours after he fired it and didn't cover his ears.

Good Times....

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I read once that a person was sick or injured and needed medical attention, but Disney would not let an ambulance reach the person because they were worried about the ambulance ruining the ambience and frightening guests.

Wow, that is just silly, I hope they got sued for that one. I have also heard that Disney does not let cops carry guns while in the park (on duty or off duty; no guns allowed), is this true or is it a rumor? I find it hard to believe that in the world of 2007 this can be true, maybe back when it first opened in the 1950s but not today.

What is the security like at Disney? Is it basically the same as what they have at the malls, movie theaters, big stores, etc or is it a professional agency with training and standards? Are they armed?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here's a link on the story, I just stumbled onto it...

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Written by Walter Pacheco | Sentinel Staff Writer
July 3, 2007

Here's a quote from the paper:

"Our investigators found end caps, which usually indicate a pipe-bomblike device," Beary said. "We believe this was not designed to cause significant property damage or injuries."

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would take this seriously because there are a lot of children involved. Not that I value children's lives more than adult's lives (I don't, I tend to find the opposite...) It's just, America generally value's Children's lives over Adult lives, so I would expect them to take this seriously.

Edit: Also, I lived in Irvine until I was 4, and I remember going to Disneyland with my sister, and it being fun so I wouldn't mind that other people could have these memories. I haven't been there in a long time, but I was told that the security is really serious and they don't have any tolerance towards small crimes even.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Vinci]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
my guess was it was a kid....its 4th of july i mean come on. We just had a kid blow up a life size horse statue with a couple sparkler bombs. 5 grand reward if you find the person who did it. Its a lil homemade sparkler bomb that some kid put inside a container to see if it would blow up even more. When we made sparkler bombs we would put them under garbage cans and blow them 5 ft in the air.....

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Pipe bombs and such here in Florida seem to be very common. You hear about them periodically on th news. A short time ago a fella in Flagler county blew up someones mailbox with one. I wouldn't start panicking yet.

I don't know if y'all are aware of this, but Disney has their own private police force, fire dept. and ambulance service, and these usually supersede the local cops and such. If the Disney cops say nothing, the news hears nothing.

They also have a unwritten rule stating "No-one dies at Disney". They definitely have a choke hold on what info leaves the property. They avoid bad press like the plague. For instance, y'all never heard about the duck that decided to take a seat on top of the launch tube at Epcot, did you? Duck parts everywhere, screaming kids and such, and at least one law suit settled out-of-court for "traumatized" children who saw it happen. I don't think any of that made the news.

My girlfriend used to work for Disney shooting fireworks,(in fact, she let me shoot the first post-9/11 fireworks display shot at Disney) and I spent a good bit of time wandering the "backstage" areas with her. This is how I learned a bit about the workings at Disney.

I could go on, as I have "issues" with the mouse & co. in general (especially the "town" of Celebration, which is entirely owned by Disney, in which local government consists of the Celebration Corp. What they say goes, residents have no say as to what happens, as they have voluntarily given up their right to having a voice in the local government. But that's another thread)

To re-cap, pipe bombs do not equate to terrorism around here.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Here's where a 'simple' and such popular item among america's youth ends up in adulthood.

I think that the person who did this should be apprehended, and made an example out of. We all did silly experiments when we were young, but making the transition from harmless fun to threatining others is nothing less than criminal.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
also we had a guy around here awhile back that was making pipe bombs....he wasnt to smart....tried to WELD the endcaps shut...with all the explosives still inside.....that was the last bomb he made....

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cav01c14
also we had a guy around here awhile back that was making pipe bombs....he wasnt to smart....tried to WELD the endcaps shut...with all the explosives still inside.....that was the last bomb he made....

Round here the ex forces would tell us bout some who would use white match heads (banned now) in 1.5" lead / copper pipes. They also could not be bothered with end caps, one hammer, thousands of match heads, little bit of friction = no more ragamuffin!

(allways considered this a bit of an urban myth, I have hope in humanity. I hope no one is that stooped
)

[edit on 4/7/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join