It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is Going Down..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think everyone needs to chill out a bit! This is supposed to be a discussion forum for crying out loud, Hawk Eye posts a topic and immediately he's accused of being disinfo/an idiot/paranoid/and a whole host of other things. If anything, this points out the paranoia existing in the accusors!

Take a look over your posts and ask yourself if it contributed to the topic at hand - I'd guess a fair few don't, and had no reason to be posted here at all!

Now, on to the topic:

I too, living in the UK, have seen these strange cloud formations. I have always been aware of the sky, and try to look at it as much as possible without tripping over the pavement when I'm out. But, I really haven't seen any clouds like these before. They are sinister. They have strange dark edges and hues, strange tight patterns on them, and completely unusual for everything I've seen in the whole of my life here.

Of course, that doesn't mean anything really, I'm sure there was a lot of clouds in the thousands, or millions of years on Earth before I arrived. But people are talking about them - I've over heard a few conversations myself, and had a few people mention them to me, which was funny to hear coming from "anti paranormal" types of people.

As for the weather here.. Well.. It was nice a while ago wasn't it? April? Kind of like summer then for a few weeks, or like the start of summer usually is. Since then, it's been almost like winter and I'm not the only one who's had my heating on (when every year of my life I've never had to have the heating on from February - October!) Right now, it's just finishing a heavy rain, the ground is wet, and the sky has one side completely overcast with white clouds, and the other side has cumulo nimbus clouds, which have perfectly white undersides, and very dark grey tops. The contrast is quite remarkable.

Is something going down? Probability of 1.
Is it likely related to any of this? Probability of 0.1.
Will we find out the answer of either of these questions? Probability of 0.01. Chance of mature, polite posting after I click "Post Reply"? I'm hoping for a probability of 1, though by reading the topic again, I award a careful probability of 0.001.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
When the Sun has come out in the last day or two, if only for a few minutes, it really has been incredibly strong. I could feel my skin burning extremely fast, and even after a couple of minutes it became irritating to sit still any longer..

And as the last poster said, it has been really cold here, and the last couple of weeks really have felt like winter... yet, the Sun is blazing brightly away above the clouds.. damn clouds!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well seeing as am also in the South-West of England, In Plymouth to be presice, I thought i'd better add my 2p.

I agree totally with the previous poster, when the sun does manage to burst through the clouds, the heat is almost unbareable. its very strange, going from cold, windy and rainy to sunny-as-fook and back to rainy and cold within 2 minutes. It definately strikes me as odd.

Yea the floods in this country at the mo are bad, but build on a flood plane and your gonna get flooded, thats the reality of it.

As for the clouds, as much as i'd love to agree and say that i'd seen these aswell, I can't cause I haven't.

In fact, hang on (looking out of windows.....) Yea looks pretty normal. can take some pics of thye normal cloudds if you like.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic

Originally posted by animachina
I think we're over due for a polar shift...

Depending on what you are willing to believe, it's already happening. According to zetatalk, it's cause by a planet rolling through our solar system. Of course, that's IF you believe it. It seems a bit far fetched to me.

I do have to add, and my wife agrees, that from our point of view, the sun rises/sets much further north than it should. I know our house has not moved, so that's my story and I'm stickin to it. I may be wrong too, it may just be the season. However, I live in Wisconsin, and we've had an unusually dry, hot June this year.

WOW!!! My wife just said the same thing coming home Sunday night. I live in Wisconsin also. At first I didn't think anythign of it but now...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I bitterly oppose the breaches of T&C that have been thrown at me in this thread.
I ask a moderator to look at the posts because there are many giving me a bad time, for no reason whatsoever.
I am the poster Fowl Play, i cannot log into my account because i cant remember the password or which email account i set it up with.
I have been posting on these boards for years, 7 to be accurate, back on the old board on another ID.
I am therefore experienced enough to comment my thoughts on ATS and as Fowl Play i was involved with GR's thread from day 1.
Everything that i have posted is accurate as far as i know..
This really has been a bad show by some posters in this thread.
And the other poster is lying, i have never posted anywhere that i am in Australia.

PS if an Admin can U2U me Fowl Plays password, i can log back in as him.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Hawk Eye]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
there is NO EL NINO in the PACIFIC BASIN this YEAR

so what ever Ignorance is spouted by someone and insulting others based on the weather observations of a few members should have lost what ever credibility a few lurkers gave him. does thims mean that something very strage is happening with the weather. NO, not exactly. but it sure does not take responsibility for any anomaly's

P.S i have a good understanding of weather, while the general public seems to be clueless to put it honestly. Every day it seems people expect the weather man to be able to pin point where it will rain, how much, what time, and in what neighborhood, very unreaslistic. however DGTEMPE you are on cape cod?

well since water temperatures on the south side of the cape are in the mid 60's and in the mid to upper 50's on the north side. it is normal to have a temperature of say 92 in lowell while the cape is in the 60's (especially when the wind is blowing off the water) with that being said it has been seasonably cool lately but no cold records have been broken, you must remember last year when there was a nor'easter every couple weeks and there was no spring at all. nothing big happened then, but there was an el nino in the pacific.

However could there be some unnamed threat to the public and possibly the govt's counter measures (chemtrails?) are causing disruptions in the weather patterns and flooding in texas? hmmm

[edit on 3-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There is so little evidence and so little hard science for chemtrails that in my opinion they must be a government disinformation campaign. BTW, chemtrails ARE promoted by Alex Jones, who has been implicated elsewhere on this site for disinformation.

www.infowars.com...

Contrails ARE NOT chemtrails!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
there is NO EL NINO in the PACIFIC BASIN this YEAR

so what ever Ignorance is spouted by someone and insulting others based on the weather observations of a few members should have lost what ever credibility a few lurkers game him. does thims mean that something very strage is happening with the weather. NO, not exactly. but it sure does not take responsibility for any anomaly's

P.S i have a good understanding of weather, while the general public seems to be clueless to put it honestly. Every day it seems people expect the weather man to be able to pin point where it will rain, how much, what time, and in what neighborhood, very unreaslistic. however DGTEMPE you are on cape cod?

well since water temperatures on the south side of the cape are in the mid 60's and in the mid to upper 50's on the north side. it is normal to have a temperature of say 92 in lowell while the cape is in the 60's (especially when the wind is blowing off the water) with that being said it has been seasonably cool lately but no cold records have been broken, you must remember last year when there was a nor'easter every couple weeks and there was no spring at all. nothing big happened then, but there was an el nino in the pacific.

However could there be some unnamed threat to the public and possibly the govt's counter measures (chemtrails?) are causing disruptions in the weather patterns and flooding in texas? hmmm

Before you post i would advise you to get your facts right.

El Nino started late last year and continued early into this year. This has a knock on effect on weather patterns for another 6 to 12 months or so so don't even think about saying im wrong because i am right, i allways am.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
there are early signs of a la nina event in the pacific and sorry the lingering effects of EL NINO are over. now get over yourself

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I dont think your really in a posistion to argue with me considering im a meteroligist!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LethalDose
I dont think your really in a posistion to argue with me considering im a meteroligist!

Considering your butchering of the spelling of "meteorologist," I highly doubt that you are telling the truth. It's my opinion that you should lose posting privileges for posting false information.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

i missed an o because my laptop keyboard sticks! Do you want me to go and scan my certificate ? moron

No, that's not the only mistake you made. I guess you could just be a bad speller. But yeah, I would love for you to scan your certificate.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i missed an o because my laptop keyboard sticks! Do you want me to go and scan my certificate ? moron

Calling him a moron is very mature, especially for a 'edjumacated metorlist'
Yes, I would like to see your certificate. I always want "metorlist evidance" that these events are El nino

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ahh! A "meteroligist" huh? that's a professional type job, right? I've heard of meteorologists, but I've never heard of a meteroligist before. I do realize some people and professions do not value spelling skills, but I would have thought someone would be able to spell his own profession more accurately. That's more than a typo there, I think. So that's just ringing some bells here, just like if I were to say I'm an 'anthrapiligist' so you ought to pay attention to what I say about human evolution. Just to clarify matters, where do you work and what is your job title and your duties? I'd just like to be more comfortable knowing you really are a, uh, meteroligist, before we believe everything you say.

[edit on 7/3/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
howdy folks. Just a reminder to stick to the topic at hand and stop the back and forth bickering and personal attacks.

A scan of the certificate would be a nice way of verifying your credentials. If you'd prefer to not post that here, feel free to u2u the image to a staff member who will confirm receipt and verify the document without publicly posting your name or other vitals.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well the weathers certainly been odd past few days or so, but especially today, its been this morning and all day, cold windy, then cloudy, then super sunny t-shirt hot weather, then super cloudy cold, then super hot, rainy, hot t-shirt, super cloudy thunder storm rained cats and dogs and hailstones, then sunny hot then cloudy, well thats all in space of 12 hours or so id say thats pretty abnormal.

also the other day i saw a weird cloud that seemed to corkscrew downwards towards the ground and it was a clear sky except for that 1 cloud.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
rained cats and dogs and hailstones, then sunny hot then cloudy, well thats all in space of 12 hours or so id say thats pretty abnormal.

Blobby,

What do you do with all the cats and dogs after it rains? Must be a real mess over there, not to mention hailstones tossed into the mix.

Well, no joking it has been very cool here in Michigan, great sleeping whether but we usually get really hot weather this time of year, but we do get some really hot bursts into the high 90's for a few days, then back to cool.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

El Nino started late last year and continued early into this year. This has a knock on effect on weather patterns for another 6 to 12 months or so so don't even think about saying im wrong because i am right, i allways am.

I never believe anybody who claims to be 'always right'...

--

Yes, as mentioned in a previous post - there really is a spate of strange weather occuring, torrential rain that matches the Indian monsoon in terms of ferocity, suddenly followed by blinding light and heat.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I never believe anybody who claims to be 'always right'...

Especially when he is not always right, he cant always spell always.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join