It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Least talented famous musician

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Ringo..not talented, but lucky?

Bite your tongue, dude! Ringo is maybe one of the top 10 rock drummers of all time; He may not be the best singer in the world, God knows, but at least give him credit for his contribution on drums to the total sound of the Beatles.

My Vote for most over-rated and untalented goes to Hanson.

"MMMBop", anybody?.....anybody?

[edit on 7/8/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy

Originally posted by subject x
White Stripe

How did they ever get a record deal?
My god, they're horrible!!!

Yeah... because Jack white is only one of the best guitar players of this age, I assume you think the drums are bad, WHY DOES EVERYONE FOCUS ON THE DRUMS, I saw them live a few days ago, they are one of the greatest bands I have ever seen, and I see a lot of concerts. Im just going to stop now before I get started

Thats funny. subject x is correct. White stripes are so super lame it isnt even funny. This thread is to discuss the most famous musicians with the leats amount of talent.

I am not saying that Jack White is totally talentless, but there are undoubtedly far more musicians with pure, raw talent than him. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Thats funny. subject x is correct. White stripes are so super lame it isnt even funny. This thread is to discuss the most famous musicians with the leats amount of talent.

I am not saying that Jack White is totally talentless, but there are undoubtedly far more musicians with pure, raw talent than him. Just my opinion.

Im not saying that there isnt anyone better then Jack white, but he is very very good, Meg white, not so much, but the thing is, when it comes to drummers, your either really good, or just sound good, and saddly, now adays, theres not that many good drummers anymore.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

...the thing is, when it comes to drummers, your either really good, or just sound good, and saddly, now adays, theres not that many good drummers anymore.

Aint it the truth? It is very sad that no one will be around to follow in the footsteps of drummers like, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon or Neil Pert, not to mention Ringo, Charlie Watts, et al; and with the growing use of sampling and synthetic drum loops, the furure of Rock & Roll does not look especially rosy.

Also, Meg White is not a trained drummer, probably never had more than one lesson in her entire life.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
This is a red letter day for me.
Why? Because I am standing up for Justin Timberlake.
Unbelievable for me, but it's because of this song.
I think it shows that there is talent, somewhere in there.

Yeah, well it's hard to tell if he's really playing more than 2 chords on that oversize Casio of his. He could be playing chopsticks and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference because of all the other noise. It's funny, the other day in my newspaper they were comparing his talent to that of Stevie Wonder's. There's really nothing more stupifying than that comparison.

Dr. Love's gonna hate me, but KISS...the whole shebang..with or without makeup. A bunch of average guys, with a great gimmick.

I can't disagree, other than the fact that all the talent in the group belonged to Ace Frehley. The other three were just filler. And yes, Gene Simmons is the original Dr. Love.

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I do agree that Ace was the most talented member is KISS by a longshot...but the others had none? Ok....Gene didn't really have any talent except looking cool...Peter...well his drum solo in Alive! was great, but other than that he had no talent really

But Paul had talent, he is a great guitar player. And like Gene he is a great song writer. (Well thats what I think anyway)

edit...Wait!

without makeup

Eric Carr was one of the greatest drummers of all time. You can't say he had no talent. :shk:

Singer isn't that bad of a drummer either...

[edit on 9/7/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Another aspect that has marked this tour as "different" is the series of "impromtu" concerts that the White Stripes have held in unlikely venues. To date, the Stripes have held "concerts" on city busses, Day Care Centers, Street corners and the like.

On July 7th, the White Stripes played in London, Ontario -- a major Canadian venue. Keeping to their unorthodox "series of impromtu concerts", the Stripes played to a crowd of 300 people at a 100 year old flour mill in Arva, a small town outside of London.

While the White Stripes may or may not be the most talented famous music act, they certainly have a penchant for marketing and for developing a cultish reputation through their "secret concerts".

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

...the thing is, when it comes to drummers, your either really good, or just sound good, and saddly, now adays, theres not that many good drummers anymore.

Aint it the truth? It is very sad that no one will be around to follow in the footsteps of drummers like, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon or Neil Pert, not to mention Ringo, Charlie Watts, et al; and with the growing use of sampling and synthetic drum loops, the furure of Rock & Roll does not look especially rosy.

Also, Meg White is not a trained drummer, probably never had more than one lesson in her entire life.

Couldnt agree more. If Meg sounded like John Bonham, I would probably dig it a lot more. Good drummers are hard to find nowadays...like that flower from "Adaptation".

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
Couldnt agree more. If Meg sounded like John Bonham, I would probably dig it a lot more. Good drummers are hard to find nowadays...like that flower from "Adaptation".

Sshhh! God, I hope no one else noticed you mentioning Meg White & John Bonham in the same breath; Bonzo is probably trying to crawl out of his grave at this very minute.
Even dead, he can play better than Meg White.

...and Meg White ain't no orchid, let me tell ya!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
To me, a musician was an artist. It was someone who had the talent to create. Someone who composed music, wrote lyrics that meant something, expressed themselves in those lyrics, and with that music.

Nowadays I find mostly people taking songs that other people wrote for them or that the record company felt would be good for them...

Just an observation: People writing and performing their own songs is actually, on the whole, a fairly new thing. When Buddy Holly wrote songs, sang them, AND played guitar it was totally radical for the time.

To say a musician is someone who "composed music, wrote lyrics that meant something, expressed themselves in those lyrics, and with that music" isn't quite accuarate. Look at classical players. Most of these players don't compose a note. I'm sure you're not saying they aren't "real" musicians. Or was Patsy Cline now a "real" musician because she didn't write her own songs?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join