It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Least talented famous musician

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok, so I just watched the G3 DVD live from Denver, CO. Satch, Vai and Malmsteen are undoubtedly some of the most talented musicians on this planet today, and they deserve every penny that they make. On the other hand, as I was watching it, I couldnt help but think of all of the
no-talent a** clowns that are making a killing today off of being mediocre at best.

I know that there are heaps of these poeple trying to get a buck out of my pocket today, but in your opinion, who should be taken off the famous and paid list for being a poor excuse for a talented person.

My vote goes to Britney Spears. Simply for not singing her songs live. If I wanted to pay $100 to watch someone dance and lip synch, i would throw a c note a a bum and tell them to go crazy. She sucks pretty bad but I am sure there are more than I can think of.

Let em have it.

:bash:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah for Britney...................AND Justin Timberlake. How does this dork pull the chicks he does? Now it's Jessica Biel?????
Something's wrong with these chicks.

Oh, Justin.........he's bringing sexy back!

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
oh where to start...

Ashley Simpson.

Fantasia

Ruben S.

Eminem

Micheal Jackson - Yes I said it. maybe 1 or 2 decent songs.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I know the spirit of the thread is for untalented current day musicians making unreasonable amounts of money but reading your title "Least talented famous musician" my first thought was of Tiny Tim and "tiptoe through the tulips". lol

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
KL beat me to it. The absolute worst.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My goodness, that was amazingly bad, I was going to say hillary duff, but that song, oh god that voice, tiny tim makes my ears bleed, and not in a good way.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

That's completely

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Eminem

eminem is VERY talented..hes an awesome producer and a critically a claimed rapper.. probably one of top 5 rappers on a lot of peoples lists. i think this was posted for other reasons, maybe you just dont like his content?

im gonna have to say britney spears too.. i remember about three years ago she CO-WROTE a song and people were praising her on MTV like she was some sort of goddess.. she CO-WROTE IT COME ON

half the rappers now-a-days can be added to the list

how you gonna have a hit single and i never even heard of you.. theres like a new rap single every week by some guy ive never heard of and i'll probably never hear of again

[edit on 2-7-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Vengaboys...

Kill them, burn them and send them to Bognor Regis Butlins and never let them out (crap british holiday camp!)

There are always loads of one hit wonders and novelty acts - think Mr. Blobby and the Tellytubbies. The fact the people can self produce and itunes and you tube and all that jazz means we all have a lot more choice than ever before.

Just gotta sort the sweet from the chaff!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Gene Simmons.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Unfortunately I'd have to say a good portion of today's "musicians" fit the bill here.

To me, a musician was an artist. It was someone who had the talent to create. Someone who composed music, wrote lyrics that meant something, expressed themselves in those lyrics, and with that music.

Nowadays I find mostly people taking songs that other people wrote for them or that the record company felt would be good for them. They take those songs and lip synch to them on stage in front of a bunch of fans who either lack the intelligence to know they've been ripped off or don't care.

So why do they have fans? Well, primarily because they squeeze their emaciated bodies into skintight outfits so they are simultaneously making normal human females envious and males interested.

Don't believe it? Imagine if Britney's next "hit" was given by the record company to a 400 pound woman instead of her. Billboard top track? I doubt it.

Today's "artists" are the main reason I pay for my XM subscription.

But it's ok... in 20 years from now VH1 will make some funny shows about the crap on the airwaves today, and all the while the good music will remain. Think about the fact that people listen to the Beatles as though they were still around even though it's been over 40 years. I don't think anyone will listen to Britney or whatever rapper is singing about his diamond necklace, Hummer and how hard his life is in 40 years.

Thank god for that.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Must agree about Britney Spears - absolutely horrible. But her talents pale in comparison to the fabulous K-Fed!
Lest we forget the amazing talents of Paris Hilton - yes folks, she considers herself a professional musician.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't think you can count "Tiny Tim" who was a novelty act freakshow. No one took him seriously. He was a joke. The William Hung of his day.

I'd hate to try to compile a list of the less-than-mediocre "artists" who are making big bucks. It would comprise a sizable percentage of what's popular today. But if I had to name one (Britney & K-Fed or Paris being the obvious choices) I'd have to go with Michael Bolton. He seems like a nice enough guy, but how he makes any money doing what he does is a huge mystery to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
first we have to address the problem in calling people like britney spears and hillary duff musicians. they most definately are NOT musicians. they are coozes that happen to sing other peoples songs sometimes, set to other people melodies, arranged and produced by others....not musicians.

to be a musician you actually have to do something IMO.

since i am a guitarist i will go after a guitar player.

i will have to go with the cliche' answer and say billy joe.
power chord freak. nothing special there.

the g3 denver dvd is the shizz. at least till ingie comes on with his karate kicks and his swinging of the strat.
i's like to see mcalpine get a full spot in the tour instead of running stunt and keys for vai.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is great. All people seem to be 99.99% talentless, however a few mentions got my eye.

Eminem

you really think that Eminem is talentless? He has some of hottest songs and lyrics in the industry today. If you thought he was bad now, you need to check his clip from the '97 rap olympics. He killed it. But thats just my hip hop head opinion.

And Michael Jackson? Come on... I dont like him as a person either, but you have to admit, he has more than 2 good songs. And again just my opinion.

KL, not sure who Tiny Tim is from a musical perspective, but I can only assume that he is horrible from the concurrence of others.

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Vengaboys...

Kill them, burn them and send them to Bognor Regis Butlins and never let them out (crap british holiday camp!)

Agreed. To the incinerators they go. Almost as annoying as S Club 7.

Originally posted by lombozo
Must agree about Britney Spears - absolutely horrible. But her talents pale in comparison to the fabulous K-Fed!
Lest we forget the amazing talents of Paris Hilton - yes folks, she considers herself a professional musician.

How could I forget K-Fed. This guy is straight garbage, im sure both musically and mentally. And whoever produced the album/tracks for Paris should be given a hefty prison sentence.

Originally posted by Boondock78
since i am a guitarist i will go after a guitar player.

i will have to go with the cliche' answer and say billy joe.
power chord freak. nothing special there.

the g3 denver dvd is the shizz. at least till ingie comes on with his karate kicks and his swinging of the strat.
i's like to see mcalpine get a full spot in the tour instead of running stunt and keys for vai.

Yes Billy Joe is about as talented on the guitar as my 5 year old nephew. And I guarantee Bill Joe cant solo. What a weakling.

And yessss Boondock. The G3 is undubeteably the shizzle. I dont know who mcalpine is but Ill have to google and check him out. If Yngwie didnt look like he just dropped out of Cinderella (80's band), I might be able to take him more seriously. Hes amazing and all but come on dude, get with the times...

Keep em coming. This is great

talentless musician bashers..

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Eminem is very over-rated and over-hyped,not to mention a one trick poney.Madchild would run circles around him along with plenty of underground rappers.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
White Stripe

How did they ever get a record deal?
My god, they're horrible!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
White Stripe

How did they ever get a record deal?
My god, they're horrible!!!

Yeah... because Jack white is only one of the best guitar players of this age, I assume you think the drums are bad, WHY DOES EVERYONE FOCUS ON THE DRUMS, I saw them live a few days ago, they are one of the greatest bands I have ever seen, and I see a lot of concerts. Im just going to stop now before I get started

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is a red letter day for me.
Why? Because I am standing up for Justin Timberlake.
Unbelievable for me, but it's because of this song.
I think it shows that there is talent, somewhere in there.

What goes around.

Ok, So I got that out of my system.

NO, for the least talented famous ones.

Ringo..not talented, but lucky?

Dr. Love's gonna hate me, but KISS...the whole shebang..with or without makeup. A bunch of average guys, with a great gimmick.

I'll be back, to list more..I KNOW there are more..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hinder. Not just one member, the whole damn band. Whenever I hear them (especially lips of an angel) I feel like digging my eardrums out of my head with a rusty spoon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join