It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tangerine Dream appreciation thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Tangerine Dream is a German electronic music group founded in 1967 by Edgar Froese. The band has undergone several personnel changes over the years, with Froese the only continuous member. Drummer and composer Klaus Schulze was a member of an early lineup, but the most stable version of the group during their influential mid-1970s period was as a keyboard trio with Froese, Christopher Franke, and Peter Baumann. Early in the 1980s, Johannes Schmoelling replaced Baumann, and this lineup, too, was stable and extremely productive.

en.wikipedia.org...

Official Site:
www.tangerinedream.org...

What a great band to listen to. Not your ordinary band either.

You've probaly heard some of the music and not even realized it. They did a lot of music for movies in the 80's and early 90's.

Although the group has released numerous studio and live recordings, a substantial number of their fans were introduced to Tangerine Dream by their film soundtracks, which numbered over forty and included Sorcerer, Thief, The Keep, Risky Business, Firestarter, Legend, Near Dark, and Miracle Mile.

I love TD. My wife purchased one of the CD's for me and had it shipped from Germany, it was great.
Dream Mixes IV.

I'll be back in a bit to add some of my fav songs and listening suggestions.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I absolutely loved their music in the 80's.Especially in Risky business, Legend and my Favorite- Near Dark.Picked the names for my 2 oldest boys from that movie.Jesse and Caleb.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Love On A Real Train - Risky Business,

( I probably don't have to tell which scene)

Is way up on my list of favorites.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Love On A Real Train - Risky Business,

( I probably don't have to tell which scene)

Is way up on my list of favorites.
Oh no, I remember it well.I do own the movie.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was reading today that TD's music has appeared in over 40 movies... I didn't realize that.

Kewl stuff.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've posted Tangerine Dream videos in some of the different video threads. Here's a few of them :

Kiew Mission (1981)

Mädchen Auf Der Treppe (1982)

Hyperborea (1983)

Stratosfear (1995 version)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I might as well add this one here...

Tangerine Dream - Ossiach Lake (1971)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've been looking for the full version of Kiew Mission from 1981 for a while, and I finally found it. I like the way she pronounces "Europe" and "America" in Russian/Ukrainian: "Evroppa" and "Amjerika" - (@ 1:50 into the track)...

Tangerine Dream - Kiew Mission (Live at the "Rock Klassik Nacht" in Munchen 1981)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hopefully, these will play as embedded in High Quality mode...

Tangerine Dream - Coldwater Canyon (1977)

Part 1:

Part 2:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

:w: I was in fourth grade when I bought my first Tangerine Dream album - Rising Runner Missed by Endless Sender - Can is another good old German tech band...here is the song from "Risky" "Love on a Real Train"

ColoradoJens

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Tangerine Dream - Cinnamon Road (1983)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Tangerine Dream - From Invisible Limits (1976)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
1983, Tangerine Dream at the Lycabettus amphitheater in Athens
The juxtaposition of what was at the time unheard of electronic compositions against the backdrop of an ancient amphitheater on a clear summer night, left a lasting impression upon me.

Also I was 15 and it was my first ever concert.
It was truly incredible.

new topics

top topics

join