It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear alot of talking..but where's the action?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'll make it simple...

You take a glance at the forums here on ATS, and read about how people are so fed up with the government lying to "we" the people of this country...stripping our rights away slowly but surely...how they do this and do that to us...and how we just sit here and take it....and take it...and take it some more....

So my question is...how can an ordinary Joe like myself and others...equipped with a High School diploma, freedom of thought, an attitude for change and a voice...take the beginning steps to start a change? A revolution?

I know I can't be the only one...who's sick and tired of being sick and tired...well I want things to change!

And I'm willing to sacrifice for this change!

Let's put our minds together to get the word and message out for a free country!

Let's work together folks...I'm but 1 simple man...

Suggestions on what we need to do to have these wheels in motion, also the steps in order to achieve those goals?

Enough Talk! More Action!

Edited for Spelling~

[edit on 7/2/2007 by UNnoticed]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Congratulations! You have reached the rotten core of the internet discussion apple!

By and large, the community you are trying to motivate to action are lethargic, argumentative, provincial and more interested in winning an internet argument than spending the time and effort to make a difference. You are not speaking to "men of action", but to the "debate team" and a few "expert typists".

Unfortunately, the CT community has devolved so dramatically that a large percentage of them actually believe that "fighting the Man" and "UFO research" involves sitting on their butts and surfing YouTube for someone else's "proof". It is a truly rare modern CT'er that actually *gasp* writes a letter to their Congressman, attends a demonstration, or even votes.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
massive suicide.? btu thats what they want.as far as im concerned i think we are too late to take action.an anti nwo society wont work...its to late
we shall sti back and except whats comin to us.just like i read some one say 07/07/07 he was gonna stay inside... what good will that do nnone.anything they want to use to destroy us will be able to go threw or knock down a house. when it comes down to it we are screwed unless u can get ur hands on the man.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Gosh!

Well unfortunately for myself I work full time M-F 8-5 like maybe the majority of ATS'ers registered here, but instead of going home and relaxing after a hard stressful day...dealing with customer's all day long, in my 3 sided coffin *cubicle*...rather then sitting in bed watching the so called "news", or eating and going to sleep.......I want to do something that will open some eyes!!

I have made an account on youtube to start broadcasting my opinions and views to the masses, but now I have to buy a webcam and microphone! As a matter of fact it shall be done today!

Writing to my congressman sounds like a good idea; I would urge more people to do the same! I live in California by the way so If you live in Cali, let's do it! What type of verbage or topics should I bring up to my congressman so they take me seriously? Should I wait till others want to do the same? Or just do it?!

Attending and being apart of a demonstration sounds like a great idea! Anyone know a website or some info on local demonstrators in California? If you do please let me know so I can make contact! Also if anyone would like to join me in my cause, feel free to let me know!

I’m not going to let the 7/7/7 or the threat of something spectacular going down on Wednesday the 4th of July prevent me from taking action!

The Government will no longer keep me in fear from doing anything!

And yes I've been voting ever since I turned 18, I'm 20 now and definitely will be voting for the 2008 Elections.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Strength in numbers my friend. But that’s the thing, what can we do? The thing is that if there’s ever going to be any kind of change something drastic has to happen. In fear of going to jail or other reproduction that we are bombarded with every day its make it difficult to want to do something. I think I’m a fearless bastard but really I’m a coward when I’m alone. But with a team or friend who thinks the same and are willing to do something then we could be unstoppable.

Strength in numbers my friend. But that’s the thing what can we do? The thing is that if there’s ever going to be any kind of change something drastic has to happen. In fear of going to jail or other reproduction that we are bombarded with every day its make it difficult to want to do something. I think I’m a fearless bastard but really I’m a coward when I’m alone. But with a team or friend who think the same and are willing to do something then we could be unstoppable.

So there no simple answer.
You know those guys that went up to the Rocafelar dude and quoted him from a book. That’s a good idea but my suggestion would be to figure out a way to shoot live video to where every one can see what’s going on. Ok brain storm you smart a$$ people. I know there’s some computer tech, video production people here. Communications to.
So we need a web sight or sights to show this live feed, a camera crew and some one with a big mouth who specks with a thunderous voice, who can intimidate any one with just a hello. Oh they can’t be afraid of police or going to jail. And lots of support.

Those politician, rich hippocras try to run and hind and evade questions then you tell them your live f-er all over the world… and if any cops or body guards come and try to shoot you down then you have a lawsuit there. Strength in numbers. Viva la revolution.

Those bush followers in the white house think they are above the law but they’re not. They can be sued, prosecuted, questioned under the freedom of information act. We need indictments, disclosure and justice.

To many lies and not enough truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pweagle
Strength in numbers my friend. But that’s the thing, what can we do? The thing is that if there’s ever going to be any kind of change something drastic has to happen. In fear of going to jail or other reproduction that we are bombarded with every day its make it difficult to want to do something. I think I’m a fearless bastard but really I’m a coward when I’m alone. But with a team or friend who thinks the same and are willing to do something then we could be unstoppable.

That's why I made this post man! I can do all I can to help, but by myself I'm a mere meager voice compared to the power of the government...I mean they run the freaking mainstream media! And could prolly off me at anytime...that's scary but my heart is made of compassion, and my nerves are made of steel...so they can try what they want...but like you said...strength in numbers...that is why we must stop arguing amongst ourselves and join together to work towards a solution, instead of wasting time with things like "Your Wrong and I'm Right Because I Say So"....should be more like "I Will try to understand where you are coming from, we will acknowledge our differences instead of making them the barrier between us, and come together to make our voice heard".

Originally posted by pweagle
So there no simple answer.
You know those guys that went up to the Rocafelar dude and quoted him from a book. That’s a good idea but my suggestion would be to figure out a way to shoot live video to where every one can see what’s going on. Ok brain storm you smart a$$ people. I know there’s some computer tech, video production people here. Communications to.
So we need a web sight or sights to show this live feed, a camera crew and some one with a big mouth who specks with a thunderous voice, who can intimidate any one with just a hello. Oh they can’t be afraid of police or going to jail. And lots of support.

Dude that sounds like an awesome idea!! I need to buy a video camera so I can go and document my missions for truth! Then even If there is no such website where we can post live feeds, I can post stuff on youtube!

Any more ideas?! Come on folks let's put our thinking caps on!

I'm thinking were going to need to start an organization, like...one of those organizations that are volunteer, and take donations only you know? Like a non-profit type....is it hard to create and start one?

Because when you're apart of an organization you tend to get more respect you know?

Anyone with experience in creating, running, or maintaining such a group?! Please speak up!!

Edited for Spelling~

[edit on 7/2/2007 by UNnoticed]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok I like many of you here, like to look into things of the unknown or uncertain. Like UFOS and conspiracies and such. But its get tot a point when watching, reading and speculating just doesn’t mean what it did when you got started.

We can sit by an analyze the same fricken videos and ideas and but what’s the point? Isn’t there enough information to make the sheep understand and see the truth.

We need a public forum like a stadium where every one can come and vent there frustrations and idea to every one. For the people to bring knowledge and understanding. Yes it would be chaotic but that’s the point every one get their say.

This is a great idea on my part, I’m not boosting or anything like that but its what we need, the chamber of commerce is great but its always in front of board members/political folks.

Non-Profit organizations a great idea to- call it operation awareness.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'd like to take action and help out but golly that sounds like alot of work and well the X-Men is going to be on soon and I would much rather eat my lays potato chips but I will be with you in spirit. Goodluck and godspeed.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
Congratulations! You have reached the rotten core of the internet discussion apple!

By and large, the community you are trying to motivate to action are lethargic, argumentative, provincial and more interested in winning an internet argument than spending the time and effort to make a difference. You are not speaking to "men of action", but to the "debate team" and a few "expert typists".

Lol that's a little cruel isn't it?

I'm sure there are plenty of people on ATS who are trying to make a difference. Maybe its just that the nature of their work means that they can't openly comment on how they go about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It is going to take a firebrand to stir people enough to fight. While I think that what is coming is inevitable, I think that we have to fight it. As a matter of fact, it is a fact that we will, for it has been written.

In the end, the people will be victorious. Unfortunately,this will not happen until many billions of deaths, probably about 4 billion people, and much hardship.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Nothing will be done until it's the last minute. As the real plan in store for our world is revealed, that is when the people will become angry, and thats when we'll fight. Any effort to help accelerate the resistance is a good thing. And if we're wrong, and there is no NWO, Aliens, etc. the loss will be nothing compared to if we're right. It's time to wake up.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wake people up! That's all that needs to be done. Having an organization is nice, but unnecessary. Talk about the NWO, 9/11, the globalist agenda etc. with everyone you know, give sources/evidence and don't pull any punches. I agree that too much time spent on ATS is a waste... this is a great place to network with like-minded people, but for those who really want to get out and do something (and I commend you all for that mind-set) find ways to get the information out there! Here's a list of things I've been doing:

1. Teleport to places of group gatherings on Second Life and talk about NWO and give out websites like infowars.com and freedom-fight.net

2. Reddit and Digg all relevent articles/post them yourself

3. Write articles for online magazines (check out my new one - www.mondovista.com/illuminati.html)

4. Burn DVD's of Alex Jones/David Icke and give them away

5. Make a website, send emails, post at random message boards (I've been posting at AOL, Yahoo etc. about the NWO.

6. Send emails to Congress and the Senate (www.visi.com...) (www.senate.gov)

Someone stated that just spreading information was useless, and another person said we've already lost. From my standpoint, people as knowledgable about the NWO as all of you should be empowered, energetic, and positive. I'm more encouraged by NWO deniers than by those who know but slump around with this defeatist attitude. The sheeple are awakening, there is activism on multiple fronts, soldiers are refusing orders, congressmen and women are stepping up and speaking out, documentaries are being produced and spread at the speed of light, the NWO is shaking in their Bilderbergs, and the snowball effect of the truth is a beautiful thing to watch. I don't know where you're getting your negative information, but I recommend looking elsewhere for inspiration, because it's out there, it's real, the counter-offensive is the biggest it's ever been and grows daily.

Also, a lot of people mentioned being ostracised from family and friends due to their superior knowledge of what's happening in the world. I've experienced something like this in the past, but since realized it was my own fault in the way I delivered the information. Years ago I alienated my family with my advance knowledge of 9/11 by presenting it with negative energy and anger. No one wants to hear that. The information must be spread in a loving and positive manner. My dad has gone from denying everything for 5 years and not talking to me for a while to a complete turn-around where he is awakening people of his generation every day. I sat down with him calmly and watched Loose Change, then 9/11 Mysteries, then Terrorstorm, then more Alex Jones, then David Icke and so on and so forth and we discussed everything as he slowly woke up. There was plenty of resistence at first, but I met that with understanding and slow nudges, not "in your face, I know what I'm talking about" tactics.

Now my dad has a mass email list of all employees at his office who keep in regular contact with him and me as we continue to spread the word to our friends, families, friend's families, familes' friends and so on. I talk to people waking up everyday that I've never met who thank me and tell me stories about themselves and the people around them. So don't be discouraged anyone. Keep explaining everything to your loved ones and do so with positivity, not with a "we've already lost" attitude. And be confident that simply spreading the info IS ENOUGH to stop them. Once NWO opposition is as popular as American Idol (and it's quickly getting there) they won't be able to fool anyone or claim any power over us. We outnumber them about 6 billion to 10,000.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Back in 1974, Dr helen caldicott came on a speaking tour to New Zealand about nuclear disarmament. The thrust of her speach was one person can change the world. There were hundreds of people in the auditorium all there to hear her.

I was inspired and joined some protest groups, began marching, stood on lonely vigils with a placard, began petitions and letter writing campaigns.

At first only 38% of people in New Zealand supported nuclear disarmament. Ten years later the campaigning of myself and others turned that around until a new government was elected which banned visits by nuclear warships. This tiny country was catapaulted to a position at the United Nations where we had stood up to and rejected military alliances with USA the UK and Australia.

Without judging the right or wrong of it, we got our government to represent our views. Our views were heard at the UN and respected in many arenas.

You can change things but you have to believe in yourself and change the views of others along the way.

The fact that you are here participating in a forum and using your intellect to persuade people is a start.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I don't mean to rain on your parade, dude, but you're not going to make a revolution. Whoever wants to start a revolution, don't go about it by making a topic on a forum.

For all the rest of you "revolutionaries" - You guys are jokes.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNnoticed
So my question is...how can an ordinary Joe like myself and others...equipped with a High School diploma, freedom of thought, an attitude for change and a voice...take the beginning steps to start a change? A revolution?

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

Not really...I'd be willing to bet that there's a lot of ATS members actually active. However, ATS itself is (by Admin Policy) "neutral ground" for activism. ATS doesn't allow recruiting for activist organizations.

I for one am politically active & I even post some news & information here from time to time...But posters like me (who value ATS decisions about this) restrict ourselves to merely letting other Members help with news-gathering & additional information for the purpose of discussion here...Activism itself must go somewhere else. If you really do want to get active, you need to look around & choose your political allies carefully, but don't bring your activism here...You'd be subject to banning (maybe with Warnings first).

For a couple of decent free newspapers (ie: not corporate/politically biased), I've found The American Free Press & World Net Daily to be pretty good. I'm not going to name any political activist groups here, so don't bother to ask. I do check my email (as shown in my Profile) from time to time, though...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You lose.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hmmm wrong approach OP. You know what is going on and this should be enough. You wont wake up ppl they are sleeping and happy about it.
You are considered a nutcase and so you should rest. Feel lucky about yourself go home get drunk or smoke something.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

If you really do want to get active, you need to look around & choose your political allies carefully, but don't bring your activism here...You'd be subject to banning (maybe with Warnings first).

Well said ,

OP:

its not just political either.

It goes for other subjects that might get others together to do something harmful or disruptive to others.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
For all those saying that nothing can be done and people who wants to change things are losers ... I feel sorry for your mothers. They are the real losers.

For all those that REALLY want to change the way things are, and make a difference, you have to ask yourself, "What is it that makes me unhappy in today's society?" "Who stands for the ideals I hold dear?"

The important thing is to assest your situation and find common ground with those around you that think alike. After watching the Democrats vote for the immigration bill, I've abandon my party affiliation. I've recently taken up activism with the Ron Paul campaign. If you'd like to put a man in office that thinks like you do ... find out who that person is and participate.

For all those in the Kentuckiana area, The "Great State of Kentucky" Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group is having a support meeting on the 4th of July in Louisville, KY.

We hope to make a change by electing a man who is for preserving the ORIGINAL constitution, abolishing the IRS, and keeping state legislature IN STATE and out of Washington.

It's not hard to find others that think like yourselves ... if you really want to.

Here's a hint: www.meetup.com ... and there are thousands of other sites that have activist groups. This could be one as well if someone were to take the initiative.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Tar n Feathers the tyranical Judges, sheriffs, lawyers and politicians from your district with a majority of your district present. Run for offices in your local town or city or state and get others to run and take back your city at the local ballot box. 3% of the colonists defeated the greatest military on the planet in 1700's so we can do it too with as little as 90,000. But laziness ad lack of intelligence or care will make sure that even 9,000 will not do it together.

I think that the Bible says that all this must come to pass, and that the NWO will reign for a SHORT TIME, so my advice to you if you can not raise 90,000 patriots to go wth you is to seek the LORD and ask for his forgiveness and PROTECTION.

I will say this much though if I am cornered I will shoot to defend myself, and I would also join a revolutionary force is it was real, organized, large and took action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join