It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For sale: Dracula's Castle in Romania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The fameous caslte assosiated with Count Dracula is to be put up for sale. Built in the 14th Century some experts feel the castle will go for over 135 million.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AuwUTYYPXf6vhZxXoMT0wGZvaA8F

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have 2 problems with this
1) the price
2) It's just not creepy enough.I want to see this.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
That's a pity. I just spent $135 million on a house at the beach. If only I waited a bit longer I could have gone for this scenic castle in Romania...

I wonder if there's any "paranormal" activity around the castle? Places like this usually crawls with creepy things that go bump in the night. Especially a place where Vlad (supposedly) murdered thousands of people in extremely violent ways...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Certainly interesting. I saw an interesting series on one of the learning channels regarding him and his homes.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
To bad they just couldn't "give" it to someone who would be willing to take care of it (like myself).

I hope who ever buys it takes good care of it.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
OK anybody want to throw in? $135 million is a bit much for me alone, but for 2, it's reasonable.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well, $135mil does seem pretty steep... but if I had the money.

All historical sense put aside, your average castle does not come cheap.
I would imagine quite a few paranormal foundations are scrambliing for sponsors/investors.

Me, I would like it as a nice summer home. Fish, hunt, impale...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If I was rich .. like the Hiltons rich .. I'd buy it and turn it into a spooky hotel. Rich old world decorations ... not cheap goth ... but very old world rich ....

It would be cool.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As a musician I'd love to record my debut album up there... Imagine the vibes you'd pick up jamming in a place like that!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
That's a pity. I just spent $135 million on a house at the beach. If only I waited a bit longer I could have gone for this scenic castle in Romania...

I wonder if there's any "paranormal" activity around the castle? Places like this usually crawls with creepy things that go bump in the night. Especially a place where Vlad (supposedly) murdered thousands of people in extremely violent ways...

The boring thing is that the royal family has lived there for a long time, which spoils the whole "Dracula's Castle" name.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
135 million as a starting point...if they are looking for bidders that's probably a good start.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I want one. Wasn't Dracula french or something?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undertrees
I want one. Wasn't Dracula french or something?

Nope, our Vlad was born in Transylvania!

Romania has to hold the crown when it comes to naming locations; Transylvania & Carpathia are two of the best.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The article says he stayed there once.

Bran castle, 30km (20mi) south of Brasov in Transylvania, is neither Dracula's nor Vlad's castle despite the popular myth, the address, the talking tour and the admission price. It is believed that Vlad used the place as a B&B a couple of times but the castle itself is too cheerily turretted and whitewashed-polite to have much appeal as the lair of a beast.

Vlad's real palace is the more fitting and sombre ruins of Poienari citadel in the Arges valley some 450km (280mi) northwest of Bucharest.

www.lonelyplanet.com...

new topics

top topics

join