It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ultimate Burger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's BBQ season again.Time to fire up that grill, crack open a few cold ones, and sizzle up some burgers.What is your ultimate burger? Do you make your own, or buy em frozen.Do you cover em with sauce or spices? What are your favorite toppings? Me- I like em homemade with onion soup mix and topped with cheddar cheese and dill pickles.No funky sauces for me.MMMM- getting hungry.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Groudn Beef
Bun

sometimes a slice of American Cheese.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Fresh burger, you know, non of that frozen stuff, its to thin, needs to be thick, with lots of cheese, BBQ sauce, mayo, lettuce, tabasco, bacon, more cheese, and a bun. not the healthiest meal, but at least its good IMO.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
AD, what do you do with the onion soup mix? Do you just mix it into the ground beef dry?

I've always wanted to try that.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Groudn Beef
Bun

sometimes a slice of American Cheese.

Some of us just like to keep it plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ground sirloin with just a touch of garlic salt, red pepper and black pepper. Made to about medium with bacon and a sharp cheddar on top. Finish off with some thinly sliced raw onion, a thin slice of tomato, and maybe a leaf of nice green lettuce. Mayo and ketchup spread on a toasted bun.

Scrumptious.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
AD, what do you do with the onion soup mix? Do you just mix it into the ground beef dry?

I've always wanted to try that.

Peace
You mix I package with about a pound and a half or two pounds depending on how spicy you like it, and an egg to bind it together.I cook them in the oven for about 20 minutes, then finish them up on the BBQ to insure even cooking.Pure heaven on a bun.I recommend Liptons soup mix.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You guys are all spot on but missing the bullseye. Yes to the garlic, egg, onion soup mix, red pepper. Add some green pepper, prepared mustard, oats(or crackers), some soy sauce. Grill using worsherstershire(sp) sauce. Cheese while on the grill. Cheese needs to be cooked to get the best out of it. Grill(toast) the buns. The ones you need to cut. Not the crap ones.

Whatever condiments you like, pickles are essential, doesn't matter, Bread and Butter or Dill. AND, here's the kicker HP sauce. That would be A1 below the border.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"MY" ultimate burger.

Fresh ground round. Season with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Cook on an outdoor grill, preferably over charcoal or hickory. When done, sauce liberally with Montgomery Inn barbecue sauce. Add American cheese to melt.

Serve on toasted bun with sliced Claussen pickles and raw sliced Vidalia onion and lettuce.

No other condiments needed.

Don't overwork the patties when making patties, don't make them too thick, and don't futz with them while they're cooking - turn once. They'll be cooked through but not dried out.

I'll take two.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yes to the garlic, egg, onion soup mix, red pepper. Add some green pepper, prepared mustard, oats(or crackers), some soy sauce. Grill using worsherstershire(sp) sauce.
Whatever condiments you like, pickles are essential, doesn't matter, Bread and Butter or Dill. AND, here's the kicker HP sauce. That would be A1 below the border.

No, no, no, you're adding way too much. The spices and condiments should accent and compliment the flavor of the beef, not overpower it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
triple meat, triple cheese, jalapenos, some pickles, and mustard.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
london broil, bacon, swiss or cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, ketchup and mayonnaise.

on some a good bun too..

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
triple meat, triple cheese, jalapenos, some pickles, and mustard.

Yummy.

Stick that bad boy in-a-bun (not a crap one) heck gimmie 2.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I just like a little garlic and pepper. Thats it I don't like to load the hamburger down with cheese or anything else. I want to be able to taste the hamburger. A hamburger should be so good that it doesn't need anything added to it to make it taste good when its ready to eat IMHO.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Fresh is best. I don't add anything to the meat besides some pepper and garlic. And I love putting cheese and bacon on top! Mmmm

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
For me the most important thing is the quality of the meat; no cheapo ground beef for me, thanks; the leaner the better. Ground chuck at the very least and preferably ground round or sirloin. Add seasoned salt, pepper and a smidge of garlic powder (not garlic salt). Make sure that the grill is already hot before you cook the burgers; when they are about 90% done, add a slice of american or other cheese,(I prefer Colby Jack, myself).

Add a little mayo or Thousand Island dressing to a toasted bun and garnish with fresh bib lettuce, tomato and red bermuda onion. Now that is a quality burger.

Now excuse me, I gotta go fire up the grill.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
any burger from the village bar in st. louis. seriously, if you're ever in st. louis go by the county and find it for an amazing burger.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Mmmmm .... burger ....

Beef is good, ostrich is better.

Take a pound of ground ostrich. Add an egg, breadcrumbs (fresh is best, just IMO), one clove chopped garlic, 1/4 well-chopped onion, a dash of worcestershire sauce, pinch of ground Esprit du Sel salt, pinch of pepper.

Press out three to four patties, to save some for later, or share with friends.

Broil till medium, top with extra sharp cheddar, ketchup and Miracle Whip on a fresh Kaiser roll.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Mmmmm .... burger ....

Beef is good, ostrich is better.

Take a pound of ground ostrich. Add an egg, breadcrumbs (fresh is best, just IMO), one clove chopped garlic, 1/4 well-chopped onion, a dash of worcestershire sauce, pinch of ground Esprit du Sel salt, pinch of pepper.

Press out three to four patties, to save some for later, or share with friends.

Broil till medium, top with extra sharp cheddar, ketchup and Miracle Whip on a fresh Kaiser roll.

Ostrich? Tell me you are joking!Where do you get that?!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hmmmm.....

1/2 lb ground sirloin - season only with sea salt

cracked wheat bun

sliced green chilis

cheddar jack cheese

sour cream

mesquite bbq sauce

and a couple of dos equis

b

<<   2 >>