It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Supplies in Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Canadian tire has a lot of survival options,no rations,Wal-mart has a few locations too,(don't forget the dog/cat food)
cheers.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You can purchase professional grade survival kits and MRE's through Snowmobile Survival Kit Canada. Their website is:

www.snowmobilesurvivalkit.ca

Marc

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
These 2 sites in Canada have a lot of quality gear...

www.survivalorientedsupplies.com and www.bushcraftcanada.com

Between both of them you will find everything you need. Survival Oriented Supplies carries MRE Star brand MRE's and some sweet knives from ESEE among many other things. Bushcraft has an interesting selection of knives and different gear from around the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry, but I live in Virginia and I don't know any suppliers but I was thinking that "supplies" will only get you part way there. You have to have and "understanding" of how things work so you can improvise them. There are many mechanical devices which we would be able to construct. Water wheels, ram pumps, hot water etc ...

on a side note, I have driven the AL-CAN to Alaska from Virginia and I wonder how the border will be when TSHF? I hope you don't close it because that is one place I would strive to reach.

Since visiting Alaska in the 90s I have had an inner nagging to move there. I can't explain it. I don't know why even today I have this draw to the NW US or Alaska. And the worse part of it is that I know if I stay here in Virginia it will be my death when the coming economic collapse happens.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I bought a lot of my stuff at M.E.C.

Pretty good prices for professional gear. Sleeping bags, sleeping mat, back packs, etc.

I will show you my bug out bag...

M.E.C. Slogg Dry Pack 115 Ltr
Totally awesome. Tsunami proof, lash it to a canoe, you name it. Lose it in the water, no problem. Pick it up downstream.

Certainly rain and snow proof, comes with harness as back pack with waist belt and big enough to hold a full grown man, with carry on luggage. M.E.C. a coop you have to join for I think 5 bucks, they are experts, and get their own stuff made cheap for them in China, but with quality standards and tested in the field.

Small stuff, you can't beat Walmart prices for soap, and fishing line and that sort of odds and ends.

Another store where I am going to shop, but warning, its expensive...indestructible adventure clothing.

That Shirt, those pants, and I want that vest

I should tell you why you need a bug out bag like the one I bought is if you need to wash off radioactive fallout.

You don't want a lot of little pockets and things to trap dust or dirt that might be radioactive. You want to be able to turn a hose on it or throw buckets of water on it and wash it off.

Another hlaf decent place to pick up cheap gizmos like rechargeable air horn with built in pump for scaring away dogs and zombies is Canadian Tire. Cheap prices but you can find good stuff if you are choosy.

Canadian Tire

I bought one of these Coleman m ulti tools
quality construction and you can't beat that price with a stick.

edit on 27-11-2011 by Rocketman7 because: added link

<< 1   >>

join