It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Supplies in Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Can anyone give me any links for companies in Canada that sell survival supplies, MRE's etc? Everytime I try a search I get all US companies.I simply want to purchase on my side of the border,and avoid some extra costs.Is there even anyone in Canada specializing in survival gear?Any links to companies would be appreciated, especially Ontario.
Thanks, AccessDenied

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey Access..

Sadly (or not depending on your point of view), I don't live in Ontario. However, do you not have any Military Surplus Shops where you live?

We have a couple here in Vancouver and they alway seem to have the most interesting things. I'm eyeing a crossbow in one myself..

Here are a couple of canadian links;
www.fcsurplus.ca...
www.aasurplus.ca...
www.army-surplus.ca...

As for MRE's, it might be healthier to stock up on nutritional bars from your local health food shop.

[edit on 2007/7/2 by condorgirl]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We do have an army surplus but limited in it's selection and doubles as a discount work clothing wearhouse.Thanks for the links Condorgirl.And welcome to ATS!Let me know if you get a good deal on that crossbow.Looking at buying one myself.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Im doing most of my shopping on ebay. its suck on shipping but you can pritty much find everythng you need.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pweagle
Im doing most of my shopping on ebay. its suck on shipping but you can pritty much find everythng you need.
Thanks Eagle, I'll give that a search and see what I can find.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Canadian Tire has some decent survival supplies. Those folding axe-shovels, air rifles, machetes, waterproof matches, flint & steel, etc.

I've never really looked for an army surplus store as I haven't been too extremely serious about putting a professional kit together. I imagine the only good ones here in Ontario are probably in London and Toronto.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey do you guys have a 'Mountain Equipment Coop' out there? Or is that just a BC thing?

That place is just LOADED with supplies. Or even a 3Vets?

Vancouver is really an Outdoor city. We're surrounded by mountains and oceans. Why stay inside.. (like I am right now at 4oclock painting my apartment on a holiday.. geez).

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not too many Canadian emergency suppliers listed online. Mabey I'm using the wrong search methods.

I did find these though:

Dried & Emergency Food Supplies
Canada's Premier Emergency Preparedness Portal

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.sealsactiongear.com...

Some not bad stuff there. Paintball and airsoft places usually have a good selection of surplus and whatnot.

DE

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Instead of online sources a great deal of "survival" equipment can be purchased at your local hardware and building supply stores. This might save you quite a bit of money as well
Just a thought . M.R.E's can be bought at almost any online or military surplus store here in the states, relatively inexpensive as well. I would sugest though that if you are not already, that you should take up fishing and archery,. get aquanted how to use a rifle,shotgun ect... Stock up on bottled water and lots of vegetable seeds. Learn how to plant a garden inside and outside. learning the knowledge to self sustain ones self will go a lot farther than gadgets in the long run.

cheers

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, one thing about being a 'survivor' is you don't really worry too much about surviving.

About all I need is a good knife and a Boy Scout license, works for me, got both. You can get 'survival gear' at a corner store if you know what to look for.
[edit]
I guess that didn't help much. What I was trying to say is that the best 'survival gear' possible is knowledge - about your environment, your surroundings and most importantly your own self (specifically your limits and capabilities).

But this doesn't help too much either I guess, so the best recomendation I have is to constantly test your limits and capabilities. Take a weekend 'survival trip' and test your limits (controlled, obviously, until you 'know what youre doing') and gradually test your limits to increase your capabilities and imagaination.

But most of all - don't worry about it.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by effinlunatic]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Knowledge isn't bad, but kit definitely helps. However, kit can make up for knowledge deficiencies, as well as enabling you to move better and more efficiently. You can grab your civvie backpack and boyscout handbook and be fine, but I'd much rather have an SMLE, load bearing vest, blastmatch, and fully packed ruck on Situation X Day 0.

DE

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Knowledge isn't bad, but kit definitely helps. However, kit can make up for knowledge deficiencies, as well as enabling you to move better and more efficiently. You can grab your civvie backpack and boyscout handbook and be fine, but I'd much rather have an SMLE, load bearing vest, blastmatch, and fully packed ruck on Situation X Day 0.
DE

If you have a 'kit' with no knowledge of how to use this kit you're pretty well screwed and, at best, travelling inefficiently. Civvie backpack and boyscout handbook ? Gimme a break - if you get isolated you can run out of ammo, your gun can get clogged, your vest will slow you down and you can definitely get your gun taken by someone with a knife who knows how to use it and the environment.

And you can move faster with a kit than knowledge ? Well, maybe if you have a Humvee or an Apache attack helicopter in your kit too.

But I think we're thinking about two different definitions of survival. You're obviously military, so are probably looking at surviving some military conflict. I'm looking at it from the point of the individual - as surviving the results of this same conflict. I don't think survival is about "Day X", I think it'll be more about the days following this day. My measure of 'surviving' will be who is there after all the bombs and guns are gone.

And oh ya - a handbook is what you study to get your license, and there's no such thing as a "Boyscout License", that was a joke.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by effinlunatic]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by effinlunatic
If you have a 'kit' with no knowledge of how to use this kit you're pretty well screwed and, at best, travelling inefficiently. Civvie backpack and boyscout handbook ? Gimme a break - if you get isolated you can run out of ammo, your gun can get clogged, your vest will slow you down and you can definitely get your gun taken by someone with a knife who knows how to use it and the environment.

I don't believe I said "Joe off the street with no clue how anything works should be given kit, and everything will turn out fine for him." I said it makes up for deficiencies. Like if you're not good at starting a fire, bring a blastmatch. If your gun gets clogged, you clean it. If you're stupid enough to let someone with a knife within twenty-five feet of yourself and DON'T buttstroke him, or you jsut don't know who to use a rifle, well kit can't help you. However, if you have a rifle maybe you won't have to get into a knife fight or something ridiculous of that nature.

And you can move faster with a kit than knowledge ? Well, maybe if you have a Humvee or an Apache attack helicopter in your kit too.

Way to blow what I was saying way out of proportion.

But I think we're thinking about two different definitions of survival. You're obviously military, so are probably looking at surviving some military conflict. I'm looking at it from the point of the individual - as surviving the results of this same conflict. I don't think survival is about "Day X", I think it'll be more about the days following this day. My measure of 'surviving' will be who is there after all the bombs and guns are gone.

Day X is when there's the most danger. It will be the toughest time for you to get out alive, because everyone's gone nuts, services are gone, folks are dying left right and center. If you don't make it past Day X, well all your alfalfa sprouts and gardening implements either go to waste or go to me.

As for 'when all the guns and bombs are gone', well, that'll be never. Should sufficient centuries and further disasters occur to deprive us of firearms, explosives, and the knowhow to construct them, I'm sure that both of us will be long-dead.

DE

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

haha, excellent !! there is cojones in this place after all, lol

see ya at ragnarok

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

lol, sorry dude, I had complimented you for a second....that was before i read it fully (something about a short attention span for meaningless things)......initially i saw a lot of words and was just impressed......oh well, my bad, guess i gotta get out more.....

.....anyways testosterone rookie, when your day 'x' comes - i will walk away, nonchalantly and whistling, with your gun and my alfalfa sprouts......

......geez, what i thought were warriors were not even punks......mankind is starting to disappoint me....lol, seriously

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yes. I have found one. Only one. This is the link:

www.mealkitsupply.com...

It is Canadian made, Canadian shipped, etc. but it is a MRE supplier not the cheap imitation Canadian IMP versions. These meet US standards in 5 year storage time (whereas IMP's are 2 year).

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Actually, according to mreinfo.com, these are american made, but then imported, CFIA inspected, and repackaged for Canadian sale.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Meal Kit Supply Canada www.mealkitsupply.com, canadian reseller of US-Made Meals, Ready to Eat (MREs)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No... Canadian IMP's are 5-year, too. Either that, or I gotta get my stomach pumped ASAP

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join