It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Octane Thrills Video Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
"Rendezvous"....I found this film some time ago and was absolutely "blown away"!

I thought I'd give the folks here the chance to see some "real" driving. This is the real thing, and I've yet to find a better made and driven film anywhere. If you think you can top this or have something fast and furious, then please add your clips here and feel free to "flag" this thread to get the adrenalin pumping round here.

from lmbd.com:
Forget Bullitt, The French Connection etc. Believe the hype! Knowing this is for real makes it gripping, no dialogue, 2 actors, on screen for 5 seconds. 10 minutes of pure high Octane exitement in a classic Ferrari on the streets of 1970's Paris. Excellent.

Trivia for C'était un rendez-vous (1976)

* The film was shot in a single take, without any special effects or stuntmen, with the director driving the car.

* The idea for this film came to Claude Lelouch after hiring a gyro stabilized camera mount for a film he was working on at the time.

* The film is nine minutes long because the film cartridge in the camera could only hold 10 minutes of film and it was taken in a single shot.

* Lelouch was arrested shortly after the film was screened but was later released without charge.

* The route taken in the film is 10.42 km long (6.48 mi). It takes the driver 7:57 to cover that distance, giving him an average speed of 78.64 km/h (48.86 mph).

* According to recent claims by Claude Lelouch, he was driving his own Mercedes in the film, and later dubbed over the sound of a Ferrari 275GTB to give the impression of much higher speeds. Calculations made by several independent groups using the film show that the car never exceeds 140 km/h (85 mph), which seems to lend credence to his recent comments.

* Three people were in the car, with Claude Lelouch at the wheel.

* Resulting in a notable contrast of moods, the original release of this film in the U.S. was as a short showing before Woody Allen's Interiors (1978).

* Until recently, there was no confirmation of who was driving or what car he was driving. Over the years, various sources claimed an F1 driver was at the wheel of a Le Mans Matra 675, Ferrari 275 GTB, or an Alpine A110. However, Claude Lelouch confirmed on his official website in March 2006 that he was driving, and it was a 6.9 litre Mercedes.

* This footage is now being used as the music video for Snow Patrol's latest single "Open Your Eyes". (March 2007)

So.......Enjoy

join