It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon shreds F-14s to keep parts from enemies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
As for the Iranian F-14s, I highly doubt any of them have been in service for awhile now.

If you would not mind Chris i would appreciate it if you read the posts on the forum and at least some of the material it links to. F-14 are VERY regularly observed in Iranian skies and not even in just one's or two's. In defense circles it is understood that Iran may have as many as two full squadrons not only operational but active.

Remember we have been pretty strict about spare parts being sold for some time now and all the Iranian F-14s date back to the Royal Iranian Air Force from the days of the Shah so I doubt they had enough spare parts for 30 years in 1979.

Actually they were getting spare parts trough third parties for a very long time and they started off with quite a large volume of spare materials. What they could not fix or replace without breaking the bank they back engineered and they now apparently have the ability to produce and replace many if not most of the critical systems. How much this is costing them or how much they can do to replace major sections of the airframs i have no idea and it would probably be cheaper to aquire more modern planes when these F-14's become inoperable in ten or so years.

Dosent Libya and Venezuela also have/had the F-14?

Uh, no.

Stellar

new topics

<< 1   >>

join