It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best AH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would have to say that the MH-60L IDAP is the best AH out there. Armed with twin 7.62mm M136 minin guns, 30mm M230 chain gun and a 19 shot rocket pod (basic load - can add larger wings and mount a second 30mm or hellfire, ATAS, or rockets) also with FLIR, in flight refuel and all wheather radar and a rapid deployable main rotor system that makes it highly deployable any where a C-17 can get in makes it definatly one of the more leathal AH birds out there.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I am going to put in the KA-52 and the AH-64D as equals. My reasons are:

The KA-52 has better flight characteristics.
The AH-64D has a huge a$$ radar and sensor suite.

Actually despite being the America fanboy I am, I'm going to give the edge to the KA-52 because it has the 0-0 ejection seat.

Honorable mention to the venerable AH-1Z

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I always had a bit of a soft spot for the Mil Mi-28 Havoc. She may not have been the prettiest bird, but it has good performance and some pretty damn good armament;

www.airforce-technology.com...

[edit on 7/2/2007 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I always had a bit of a soft spot for the Mil Mi-28 Havoc. She may not have been the prettiest bird, but it has good performance and some pretty damn good armament;

www.airforce-technology.com...

[edit on 7/2/2007 by cyberdude78]

Honestly man I absolutely dig the way it looks. Actually more then other helos.

I'd go with the KA-52. Radar can be jammed. It is a clsoe one iwth the AH-64 ofcourse, damn close - not to mention the AH-64 was developed earlier wasn't it?

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Actually I've recently been to a military museum here in Kiev, and it has a section dedicated to Afghanistan. On one display there is the Hind of a Soviet pilot who was "a hero of the Soviet Union", it even has the the bullet marks still on it. Anyways, even though this helo is pretty old I dig it's looks and here's the best part - for the price of....50cents or less in local currency you can check out the interior and the cockpit. I can get you guys some pics if you'd like. I'm gonna be going on vacation soon though so make up your mind quick.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yes Maestro do it please because some pics never caused any harm

Hmmm for the meanest looking craft it is the Mil 24/35 AH
But for pure performance the KA 52 and AH 64 hands down.

Sad though the Commanche program was stopped

Because it looked good and its performance was stunningly good.

Some pics:

The AH 64:
upload.wikimedia.org...

The Mil 24:
upload.wikimedia.org...

The Commanche:
upload.wikimedia.org...

The KA 50:
upload.wikimedia.org...

Happy gazing views on those nice AH`s

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by James R. Hawkwood
Yes Maestro do it please because some pics never caused any harm

They never did, did they?

I'll get them up here within 48 hours, gonna need to get my friend to come with me to help out and I don't know how soon I can drag him out of the house. If worst comes to worst I'll just come and drag him out anyways. The Hind I'll be taking pics of is the Mi-24.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You need to DRAG your friend out off his home???!!

Yes the Hind is the meanest looking AH in the world and seeing one comming over a ridge landing some hunderd feet away from you, dropping off 12 soldiers and then going to kill some tanks is a freaky sight to behold.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sorry James, we have had terrible rain here for the past few days. I'll get the pics as soon as I can.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukbrit72
I would have to say that the MH-60L IDAP is the best AH out there. Armed with twin 7.62mm M136 minin guns, 30mm M230 chain gun and a 19 shot rocket pod (basic load - can add larger wings and mount a second 30mm or hellfire, ATAS, or rockets) also with FLIR, in flight refuel and all wheather radar and a rapid deployable main rotor system that makes it highly deployable any where a C-17 can get in makes it definatly one of the more leathal AH birds out there.

Just to point out the MH-60L isn't a AH, it's a Special Operations helo.

And if we are comparing helo's both the AH-1Z and AH-64D beat the MH-60L. Most helo's in the US military have FLIR, all have NVD, all have redudancy databus, BFT, and e-mail.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
I am going to put in the KA-52 and the AH-64D as equals. My reasons are:

The KA-52 has better flight characteristics.
The AH-64D has a huge a$$ radar and sensor suite.

Actually despite being the America fanboy I am, I'm going to give the edge to the KA-52 because it has the 0-0 ejection seat.

Honorable mention to the venerable AH-1Z

Well, auto-rotation isn't all that bad, lol.

new topics

top topics

join