It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Diplomat disappears in Cyprus.**Updated-found dead**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

US embassy staff in Cyprus are searching for a senior American diplomat who, it emerged last night, has been missing since last Thursday. The embassy issued a missing person's alert for Thomas Mooney, 45, who was last seen leaving the building in Nicosia on Thursday afternoon. "He just disappeared," an embassy official told the news agency Reuters.

I know its not major news, but i found this little article, with not much info, of how this diplomat has been missing for 3 days.

Maybe he loves the country's weather that much hes sunning on a beach.
Or maybe there is something more sinister surrounding his disappearance?
I cant think of why he would disappear, they mention he is senior, but hes only 45.

Mr Mooney carries the title of defence attache. The embassy has declined to specify the nature of his work, referring to him as an employee, though defence attaches are frequently involved in intelligence work or weapons procurement.

Has he been kidnapped, or "bumped off"?

Link.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They found him.

Sadly, he is no longer with us.

Cyprus police find US diplomat dead

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yeah thanks for that.
Sounds all a bit suspicious though to me.

Local media reported that foul play appeared to have been ruled out, but a police spokeswoman said the cause of death would be determined by a post mortem scheduled for later on Monday.

From here.

He was only 45, does anyone else think this a bit odd.?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yes very odd, What is the American role in Cyprus? Under the U.N or a seperate mission? Could of been a family issue or mabye something he found out that was going on and was going to reveal? Mabye we shouldn't speculate to much

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Yes very odd, What is the American role in Cyprus? Under the U.N or a seperate mission? Could of been a family issue or mabye something he found out that was going on and was going to reveal? Mabye we shouldn't speculate to much

Let's just wait till the autopsy results get back.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Let's just wait till the autopsy results get back.

I think the autopsy report will say heart attack, or some other natural causes. I believe, however, that is not true. To be missing for three days then be found dead sounds kinda fishy to me. I can't imagine a diplomat not being found for that long unless it was intentional.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
I think the autopsy report will say heart attack, or some other natural causes. I believe, however, that is not true. To be missing for three days then be found dead sounds kinda fishy to me. I can't imagine a diplomat not being found for that long unless it was intentional.

You don't think he could've OD'd on party drugs? Or maybe he just had a crappy heart?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You don't think he could've OD'd on party drugs? Or maybe he just had a crappy heart?

In the other ATS thread about this the_sentinal linked a The Washington Post article which says that he died of a wounds to the throat.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

In the other ATS thread about this the_sentinal linked a The Washington Post article which says that he died of a wounds to the throat.

Yeah, doesn't sound like "not foul play" to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Originally posted by makeitso

Yeah, doesn't sound like "not foul play" to me.

I wonder what really happened?
Amazing how these snippets of stories like this disappear fast out of the news, anyone find anything more about this yet?

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Denied]

top topics

join