It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Postings solution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It happens with Internet Explorer. Use Firefox and it will go away along with all slowdowns, addons you can't uninstall and viruses.

Another solution would be 5 min delete option or some internal check at board code.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012

Use Firefox and it will go away along with all slowdowns

Not necessarily. I have been using firefox for quite some time now, and I still make an occasional double post.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So which one is better firefox or explorer?
I just tried firefox for the first time and ?
Also I hate that I have 2 yahoo search boxes, cant I get rid of one without losing my yahoo toolbar.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This solution would be very elegant and independent from browser used:

- check if the time of the last post in this thread made my same user is not less than a few seconds

This way you don't need to add extra variables indicating where or when user last posted, or comparing last posts or risking someone else may submit at exactly same time and mix 3 or more posts together.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Also I hate that I have 2 yahoo search boxes, cant I get rid of one without losing my yahoo toolbar.

firefox...

IE is crap.

To remove the yahoo search from firefox toolbar, go to "View" ---> "Toolbar" ---> "Customize"

Once there you can drag the yahoo toolar, off of the navigation bar and put it into the popup window. That should remove the second bar. hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

So which one is better firefox or explorer?
I just tried firefox for the first time and ?

I prefer Firefox, it's smaller, more flexible, more secure and it has tons of addons.

Yes, you can, just click on toolbar, select Customize and then you can remove or add stuff. Also you can remove addons under Tools > Addons and sometimes you may want to turn some toolbars on or off under View or View > Toolbars.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

firefox...

IE is crap.

To remove the yahoo search from firefox toolbar, go to "View" ---> "Toolbar" ---> "Customize"

Once there you can drag the yahoo toolar, off of the navigation bar and put it into the popup window. That should remove the second bar. hope this helps.

OMG ive been tryin to figure that one out forever, now it seems so simple.
Thanks mech, im gonna try firefox for a while, it looks simular to ie anyway. My ie crashes at least couple times a day.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

OMG ive been tryin to figure that one out forever, now it seems so simple.
Thanks mech

No problem.

It took me a bit before I figured it out as well. I never read the directions.

[edit on 7/2/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Not necessarily. I have been using firefox for quite some time now, and I still make an occasional double post.

I've had double posts using Safari on Mac OS X too, although none recently.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
As a side note, and related to the "double post" problem, at one time I was having trouble with my mouse. Sometimes the left click button would work, and sometimes not. Other times, it would be like the left button would "stick". I once made a triple post during that time.

So don't rule out simple(ok maybe not so simple) things like that.

top topics

join