It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Tower-Like Structure Near Copernicus!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corum

This is quite clearly a giant moon kangaroo hiding behind some rocks.

that's the funniest thing I've read on ATS. made my morning, thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by s_barrett
Did we run out of pictures, am I too late?

How much could one see, if any, of these anomolies with a store-bought telescope, lets say a ~$500 dollar one?

Absolutely none. Nasa airbrushed the moon. But if you do, please post them here.

Sorry.. I kid.. But if we have the ability to see what we can with current mundane tech. WHY don't we see more of this everyday.. Clouds, Atmosphere, Towers... On the dark side you say.. Hmmm.. Thats running thin but all you got.

I want to damn well believe this as much as anyone, but crikey, blobs of large pixels being defined so .. well definitely ?

Thats all I'm saying.. It's like Windows Vista, the WOW isn't quite there. Sure it makes you think (What The Hell have they done with the Control Panel?) But it's just not winging it as "THE ONE".

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I found something intriguing in those Apollo 20 vids that apeared 4/1 on utube, there is another ATS thread on same.
Is that high-tech enough for you?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

Oks where are the Lear photos I wanna see!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxxRex84xxx
Oks where are the Lear photos I wanna see!!!

Most if not all of them can be found here.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

I personally find "The Dish" highly interesting.

The Dish

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by s_barrett
How much could one see, if any, of these anomolies with a store-bought telescope, lets say a ~$500 dollar one?

Hello everyone,
Great thread gang, and that is an excellent question about telescopes Mr. Barrett. I posted this once before, but I think it bears repeating, as it clarifies your query about spotting structures (or the remnants of the Apollo program) on the moon from down here on Earth.
This is one of the best breakdowns I have ever come across that explains just how badly hindered terrestrial-based optical telescopes are when viewing the lunar disc due to the perturbative effects of the Earth’s atmosphere.
This comes from a 238-page General Electric (Apollo Support Department) document written for NASA back in 1963, and although it is 45 years old, what it has to say regarding the effects of atmospheric distortion on the “seeing” capabilities of optical telescopes (their ability to resolve objects on the moon) is still entirely relevant today.

From: Survey of the Physical and Environmental Parameters of the Moon (Chapter 4.1 - OBSERVING THE MOON - pages 51 and 52)

"On average clear nights, images of a celestial point at the prime focus of a telescope are spread out by turbulence to a diameter equivalent to three seconds of arc. On nights of good seeing, the spread is equivalent to one second of arc, while really exceptional seeing, which occurs only rarely, results in an image spread equivalent to twenty-five one hundredth seconds of arc. At the moon's mean distance from the earth, these angles correspond to the following linear distances:
3 seconds of arc - equivalent to 3.48 statute miles
1 second of arc - equivalent to 1.16 statute miles
0.25 second of arc - equivalent to 0.29 statute mile (1530 feet)

"The bad "seeing" sets an insurmountable barrier to observing fine detail, either visually or photographically. The requirements of good "seeing" are so severe that the best photographs taken with the one-hundred-inch telescope fail to reveal craters less than one mile in diameter. It is doubtful that the displacement, appearance, or disappearance of a spherical mass of one mile in diameter on some lunar mountain ridge could be seen on the best photographs of the moon."

So, this gives you some idea of just how naturally obfuscative our Earth’s atmosphere is to even the best optical telescopes, and how you can simply forget about ANY chance of EVER seeing the flags or LRVs or LM descent stages or anything else that was left up there while you are way down here on good ol’ terra firma.
In fact, from here on Earth through a telescope you would NOT be able to discern if there was a Great Pyramid-sized pyramid sitting on the valley floor at Taurus Littrow, nor could your eyes ever detect if there was an Eiffel Tower-sized construct proudly standing on the rim of Copernicus. The “seeing” conditions created by light diffraction and atmospheric turbulence, even in the best/cleanest atmospheric viewing scenario (and even with a 100-inch telescope!), still leave us incapable of ever achieving the optical resolution required to detect things of that size from Earth.

Bottom line: The only way to see what constructs are there is to rely on the hope that NASA and the DoD have been showing you totally accurate, unaltered space-based lunar recon imagery over the decades. Always keep in mind that you have no way of ever independently verifying through terrestrial-based optical telescopes the small-scale accuracy of any NASA lunar near-side imagery. We have to blindly trust that what they show us to be up there is what is really up there - nothing more, nothing less. For the conspiracy minded among us, that opens up one hell of a door, doesn’t it?

Cheers gang!

PS - Here is a link to the original doc if anyone wants to give it a read.
ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I enlarged the Copericus photo to 1m x 600mm and printed it (WOW). How did John miss these two airbrush disasters, they are even bigger than the ones mentioned previously. there is a smaller crater below/infront of copernicus. Right in the middle of the crater there is an airbrushed shape that looks like a what we on earth would call a water tower or radar tower shape !! Then farther down, directly underneath it there is another piece of airbrush mastery. What are they hiding and why ?? There are other more subtle ones, but I can't seem to post a jpg here, so you will have to look for them yourselves

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join