It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Built Part of Border Fence in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Houston Chronicle

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Part of a vehicle barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border was erected in the wrong country and soon will be removed and rebuilt on American soil, federal officials confirmed Monday.

"We respect our international boundary, and we want to be good neighbors," U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Michael Friel told The Associated Press. "...We want to move quickly to ensure that we place the vehicle barrier where it should be, which is north of the border."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And the politicians wonder why we don't trust the government to secure the border?

What idiots! :shk:

[edit on 7/2/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
No wonder they haven't built a wall/fence until now, they cant even find the border.

Dumb asses.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow! I knew already that the American's Geography skills are not that good in general. But I'd expect them to at least know their own border. Apparently they don't...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Mexico should thank us we're doing their job.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Referee over cordless microphone:

"There was a flag on the play---Offsides! No first down! Repeat the play, but the clock does not stop."

This was obviously an attempt at covert imperialism, to expand the American empire, even by a few acres at a time. Manifesting their destiny while no one was looking.

Expansionism lives on.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Whoa! Wait a freakin minute! We have a border down there??? I've been under the impression that there was no defined border, and that we could just wander across just like the Mexicans do.

Guess that explains why they put the fence in the wrong spot, huh?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My brother got me thinking about this. I told him about the error and he said maybe they built it on purpose to stall the actual wall here. I think its possible. Don't know what do you all think?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
honestly America has been violating Mexico's borders for quite a while.

I'm looking for links to good history sites for the Mex-American War. None of the ones I found so far seem to honestly depict how manifest destiny truly worked...

top topics

join