It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsflash* Art Bell Retires...AGAIN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Good. He's a dissinformation agent anyway, offering nothing but crap lately.
He's afraid of the news, afraid to speak out like he used to, and i'm glad he's off. Tonight i guess is his last night.

Good bye, Art, we hardly knew ye.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow you posted this pretty much the same time I did....
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think its time he hangs his tinfoil hat and lives life in the Philipines. He'll go back and start a new life.
He's too old to be retiring every few months and then coming back when it suits him.
He's not speaking freely about his true feelings for this government and he is not into conspiracies ANYMORE.
For someone who started most of them, he sure has been a flop over the last few years.
He has no opinion about the news or anything anymore.

Dull, dull, dull.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I personally don't like Art Bell. I think George Noory is better. That is just my own personal opinion. While George may not be quite as intelligent as Art, he is a hell of a lot nicer to his guests and the people who call into the show.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Art Bell was well paid...in excess of $20 million dollars thats all it took to shut him up Wake up in bed beside your dead wife...wonder if they were aiming that death ray at you...and missed..wouldn't you run for the hills and hide?
Art was and is an iconoclast I don't like his stand on Sept 11th he blindly parrots the Republican party line.. I think he was told...RAMONA was an accident we were aiming for you..

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It may not be his last show, as he said he may do occasional ones.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I've been listening to him since 1996. He WAS good! An alarmist, maybe, but he sure made it a fabulous show- something to stay up for for sure.

He's retired now at least 3 or 4 times and he has had problems in the past. I think he's too quick to make these announcements, because he always comes back, one way or another.

He should say he's taking a leave and will return when the time is right, instead of making these announcements all the time.

Sure, he''ll be back. So what's he going to say when he comes back? Here i am i missed you all so i decided to do Friday nights?

He should retire with some dignity- or not retire at all. I think the man is confused as hell.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I love Art bell, he has touched and possibly sparked more intrest in these subjects we talk about here then any other single person. Over the years, and the coutless hours of pure garbage that comes through the lines. Its a free moving show, the guests are great, sometimes.

But latly, its been not working so well. Art Bell is in the transition of moving on from the show, and someone new will come in. Let Art live in peace.

Besides, if i could move to a island in the south-east pacific, i would.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

But latly, its been not working so well.

It has over two million listeners a night. I don't see where the program is hurting so much. I would imagine that the show is probably geeting in the way of his personal life.

As I said, I don't really like Art. I think he tends to be rude and pretty arrogant towards the people who are unfortunate enough to call the show when he is hosting it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I hope he stays down. He's a loathsome, bought-off traitor, what with his 9/11 drivel and all. I would not be surprised if 90% of his broadcast is deliberate disinfo. Isn't he the C2C guy?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Isn't he the C2C guy?

Not anymore. George Noory is the C2C guy now. However, Bell used to be, yes.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Something was amiss with him..Lord knows i have a dozen CC crane radios, and generators, and survival gear and another case of led lights... ( remember the doomsday millenial bug thing.? well I still have the same pc..its still working . and my dog,cat and pet parakeet too. But its time someone from here. yes here at ATS took over. Only someone from the ranks of ATS can take C2C to the next level. George Noory is getting on my nevers with the ouwiga board experiment..making it it a big event,,despite the audience telling him not to. I thought he was a spiritual person..with his book and all...but now he is just grating. (my personal opinion)All his guests had something to sell..their new books..never really someone with the goods.no self interest thats life I guess. But bell was better professionaly..just a matter of taste.

The best guest i have heard was ray bradburry ..wow..was that an interview..and it was a substitute for bell who did.it .a guy with an almost james earl jones voice..if you subscribe to c2c podcasts about 2-3 weeks ago...get that one..you will have a learning experience.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I hope he stays down. He's a loathsome, bought-off traitor, what with his 9/11 drivel and all. I would not be surprised if 90% of his broadcast is deliberate disinfo. Isn't he the C2C guy?
This is precisely why i'm glad he's gone.
But....Ian Pummett is taking over along with re runs and weekends will not be very informative. I cant stand Ian.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config

The best guest i have heard was ray bradburry ..wow..was that an interview..and it was a substitute for bell who did.it .a guy with an almost james earl jones voice..if you subscribe to c2c podcasts about 2-3 weeks ago...get that one..you will have a learning experience.
I agree with you- that was one of the best i'd ever heard. I hope they bring that interviewer back, whoever he was.

Get rid of Ian!!!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Bell was the originator of radio-spoken strangeness event and superbly interesting back in /95.
In my opinion he's still very good when on air at getting to the meat of the matter and asking the unexpected questions from His guests which catch many listeners off-guard but kinda-wowed (ie I'd not thought of that angle in question).

Bell will be missed, if this time indeed his plans are to retire, permanently, from the air waves, you know he's done it before.

George Noory can't do it all and someone's got to fill-in during The Noory's nights off.
As for Ian, well I don't know where he may fit taking over a spot that huge. But I would suggest a likely candidate if he were interested might be George Knapp.

He's certainly experienced the that unknown world and earned respect over the years since breaking the news on Las Vegas TV re Area 51 and Bob Lazar's claims in /91.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
..Ian Pummett is taking over along with re runs and weekends will not be very informative. I cant stand Ian.

I certainly don't like Ian either. The guy is dull as hell.

new topics

top topics

join