It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EM Pulse and High-Power Microwave (HPM) weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I did a search, on this here on ATS and found only one thread , www.abovetopsecret.com...

there are several different links, that result from using Google and the words EM pulse weapon or HPM and weapon.

My question is does anyone have a link or read anything that is NOT a web page created by an individual? I am aware that it is hard to find websites on classified material, but I am hoping that someone may have some info

To me either of these weapons, would be the perfect weapon, since it would disable any electronic device that it was used against (including the electronics that some rifles have IE laser sight laser scope etc).
Also, whatever happened to the Neutron bomb?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
How is this so rare when police have been talking for a number of years about having these devices so they could stop cars involved in police chases?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Never said it was rare. The device you are talking about is a small remote controlled wheeled device, that is launched from the pursing police vehicle, it catches up with the car that is being chased, and grounds out the electrical system of the car.
This link is to a different version of that device
www.halfbakery.com...

An EMP or electromagnetic pulse DOES NOT have to touch the object, it is radiated out from the blast (or focused if using a weapon)

They work on the same principal but are two different devices.

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There is good description and diagram of HPM at;

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
HPM technology is the balliwick of the DTRA (Defense Threat Reduction Agency) and the USAF. Check out their websites.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
There is good description and diagram of HPM at;

www.globalsecurity.org...

Cool, thanks

DoD

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
How is this so rare when police have been talking for a number of years about having these devices so they could stop cars involved in police chases?

is this the same devices we see in two fast two furious

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Howstuffworks has a good article on this matter. I am not sure if they still have it.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Do some searching on the thread during the NewYork/NorthEast blackout last year and you'll find some good screen caps of the exhaust signature left by an EMP (scalar) weapon. They were discovered on the weather radar which shows base reflectivity. I don't know which thread it was and don't have time to search it out.. sorry.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
I did a search, on this here on ATS and found only one thread , www.abovetopsecret.com...

there are several different links, that result from using Google and the words EM pulse weapon or HPM and weapon.

My question is does anyone have a link or read anything that is NOT a web page created by an individual? I am aware that it is hard to find websites on classified material, but I am hoping that someone may have some info

To me either of these weapons, would be the perfect weapon, since it would disable any electronic device that it was used against (including the electronics that some rifles have IE laser sight laser scope etc).
Also, whatever happened to the Neutron bomb?

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes they would be the perfect weapon, but creating a usable EMP can be difficult. Other than nuclear explosions, the only way I know to make a EMP device is charging a coil wrapped arround C4 and blowing it up, releasing the electrons from the coil.

Now Neutron bombs are VERY scary. Actually they almost caused WWIII back in the 60's and 70's. The problem was sience there tactial warheads, with little blast radius, they are way to "Easy" to use. Because of there relitivially small amount of fallout, nuked territory could be re-occupied by invading troops in 48 hours. Back in the 60's the US thought it was a good idea to forward deploy many of these "tactial" nukes in western European nations boardering the Communist block, to thwart off invasion. That pissed off the Commies, and then eventually lead to the ABM treaty in the 70's. Part of that treaty says we will take our nukes out of thoes countries, sience then they have all been kept in the US (or so they say).

It does seem like there is not a whole lot of talk about thoes nukes though. I wonder why that is? Most articles don't talk about how they are actually more deadly than conventional nukes if you are close, because the amount of radiation that they put out can go through like most, if not all of the current sheilding that is out there(I think I read like 6 feet of concrete), with the exception of DUMBs (Deep Underground Millitary Bases).

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

if you use google, you can search .gov or .mil sites only...
just type e.g. "HPM site:.gov" in the search box or "EM Pulse site:.mil"
maybe you will find something classified, who knows

also would a EM Pulse Disable a Air taser from working?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/ kopp/apjemp.html
www.usace.army.mil/usace-docs/eng-pamphlets/ ep1110-3-2/toc.htm
www.dtic.mil/doctrine/jel/doddict/acronym/e/01669.html
www.dtra.mil/td/nuc_rad/td_defin.html
www.defenselink.mil/la/Schedulemain.htm
www.ddesb.pentagon.mil/ Rev%201-4_sum_changes_rewrite%20version%20DoD%206055.9-STD.pdf
ewhdbks.mugu.navy.mil...
www.hpcmo.hpc.mil/Htdocs/UGC/UGC99/papers/chal1-3/
www.arl.mil/slad/AWSS/SF-areas/combmaneu/threat.htm
www.hpcmo.hpc.mil/Htdocs/Challenge/FY01/28.html
www.brooks.af.mil/AFRL/HED/hedr/reports/ rfemf_cancer/table_38a.htm
www.wsmr.army.mil/paopage/Pages/ODATS.htm
www.au.af.mil/au/2025/volume3/chap09/v3c9-3c.htm

new topics

top topics

join