It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glimpse of time before Big Bang... Possible!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
If that is the case, he's doing one hell of a job being the perfect creator as I look around the world.

Creator is a maintainer? That's quite a leap of logic.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If they manage to actually do this, rewind the universe to before the big bang(in observations) then it would concretely confirm Loop Quantum Gravity. That would be huge!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I thought there was "nothing" before the big bang?

Who says that? It's not part of current theory as far as I am aware.

Not only that, but it also would break the Laws of Thermodynamics. They state that energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only changed. To have something come from nothing would break that most fundamental of Laws, making this universe much more than anything that we could have fathomed before. It would change everything we understood about the universe. Come to think of it, I LIKE IT!! GOOD IDEA!!

Actually, I think the Big Bang was a Super-massive Black Hole exploding. That would explain all of the energy expended from such a small place. Just my opinions though.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow this would actually be the biggest breakthrough ever! It could show the roots of our true origins and possibly lead onto much more, maybe answering questions like "what's the meaning of life?" and "why are we here?"!

oh yeah can you stop talking about god and how he loves you, its ruining the thread. I almost stopped reading at the end of the first page because I was getting bored of the responses. This thread deserves more than that.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
GOD ???

Isnt that part of your brain that makes you think that if something is right or wrong?? Or MAN made deity to control the masses with scare tactics to frighten the populace into being good children??

I have to i agree to the super masive blackhole theory at the begining of time we know now, some sort of massive energy to push the galaxies on there ever expanding path , well till they slow down . But "will" they reverse or just carry on till its all dark out there.

If it were possible to see the beginning or near to it i think would be the best thing one could ever see (apart from terri hatcher wearing a postage stamp ) What could we possibly learn from it tho? All the religious freaks would we calling out that it was the hand of god and as Islam is about 500 yrs old it kinda puts that to bed dont it ....

So what lessons could be learnt from seeing the beginning of time?

Also what could we learn from the time before if that were at all possible ?

regards
Git

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There was a NOVA show on this one very recently, and if you can catch it on your Tivo or other recorder, it's well worth watching.

Quantum gravity isn't entirely accepted, either, but it does provide a model for "looking back beyond the Big Bang." It may be another 10 years before they have tools capable of testing this one.

I recently attended a lecture of a scientist from Washington who's doing research on the "spooky action at a distance" problem... fascinating stuff but they haven't had the equipment able to test the theory until just recently.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
You miss the point. His statement is conveyed as an exchange of fact. And since it is a fact, your argument falls apart. How can one be sure it does exist outside of the physical body? Well.. how can one of scientific rigor be absolutely sure it cannot? You compromised yourself with an "opinion".

Checkmate at your own game. I really get tired of doing this too.

[edit on 2/7/07 by SteveR]

Fact? I think you'll find I am on the side of fact whereas he is on the side of opinion. It is FACT that hormones cause/effect emotions. It is OPINION that there is even an afterlife, let alone any emotions therein.

Checkmate my arse, try again.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Is it possible thay our BIG BANG is affiliated by a major direction change that ecompasses all that we can see and know? Meaning, Space is so vast, that our comprehension of space and its expansion is relative to only the BIG BANG, because somewhere before the BIG BANG, we are in another space time continuum?

So if we were to trace the BIG BANG back through space time, slice by slice, once we got back to the beginning, could it be possible that a demensional flex, not yet applied, would show a a very different moment in time. A different time all together.

I having a hard time getting this out. The BIG BANG, could it of changed the very definition of time and direction.

I sure hope someone can fish out my esoteric question hidden within.

AAC

[edit on 2-7-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

Not only that, but it also would break the Laws of Thermodynamics. They state that energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only changed.

Goody! You hit the nail on the head!
So something was there BEFORE the big bang! Some sort of energy I guess.

Actually, I think the Big Bang was a Super-massive Black Hole exploding. That would explain all of the energy expended from such a small place. Just my opinions though.

Again, you seem to be spot on! But where the devil did that black hole come from?? Another universe? Now how, when and where did THAT universe come from?? This can go on ad infinitum! Sigh!

Anyway, what I feel is that we will NEVER be able to understand the beginings of the universe or what was there before it, in our present three dimensional way of thinking. So guys, chill!

Heck! By brains have become toast even trying to think of this!! Now where's my beer?

Cheers!!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think I see what you are getting at AAC.

When we trace time back to the big bang, would if we find an entirely new demension? Would we be able to recognize it? What if what was there before existed under a differenent law of physics? Would our minds even be able to grasp what we see? I think that this one should be approached with a tpye of thougt process that extends way outside the box on this one. Who know's what we will see.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe it's like in KPAX, the universe closes and reopen's again, reliving your life over and over again, the same identical process in a never ending loop, I watch to many films!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If I understand it correctly, if space is curved and has no center and no edge, then it has to be curved in all directions so eventually an expanding universe will disapate into nothingness until eventually it will start curving back in on itself until the singularity is reached again prompting another big bang starts it all over again endlessly repeating the cycle. Kind of like a universal heartbeat.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
God is love you self righteous scientist...have you ever conducted an experiment w plants and music to find that the plants grow under the right music..have you seen the videos on what they are trying to capture with the LHC...they are trying to scientifically catch a glimpse of GOD duh

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So you're answer is "God did it, case closed, don't bother looking"?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Really cool story but they haven't taken any pictures of the big bang yet though have they?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
post pics as soon a possible.

and a statement to the athius. lets play a game on what you belive and what I belive. if I'm wrong then nothing happens, but if your wrong you and everyone who belives like you is tortured for eternity(i.e. your family).

until someone can counter-statement, lets leave God alown and stay on topic about time before 'bing bang'...I-I mean 'big bang'

[edit on 2-7-2007 by dixi2344]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Okay. What happened before the big bang?

First of all, where does this big bang occur? Was there perhaps a space/time field full of potential energy that somehow shifted, and poof, Matter was born? Since we know that matter effects space/time, what was the nature of space/time before matter warped it?

The big question to start is, did the Big Bang create the Universe or was there a Universe already in which the Big Bang banged in?

PS, the first law of thermodynamics has already been broken. You can create matter out of nothing, even if only temporarily. Look for Bubble Chamber experiments and the Higgs Particle...

Re: The God issue. My question is; is God a part of the Universe? Or is he some entity that sat the Universe on a table and walked away to do his business? We can't assume a principle of God until we see direct, logical causation.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

TheBorg

Interesting, But what would cause a supermassive black hole to explode? If the gravity is so great that not even light can escape how could matter ever do so?

Personally I equate the Big Bang with moment of creation. I think it may be possible one day for Science to understand everything back to the moment of creation. But that is where I think the road ends for Mans' understanding or comprehension.

Ultimately physicists are faced with the question of what existed before the Big Bang. IF it was a point of infinite energy, how did it get there? And if it was always there, existing for an infinite period of time before the Big Bang, what is the spark that caused it to change its state of energy
and become what we perceive as the universe today?

I would think that this superhot point of infinate energy would have to acted upon by some outside force for it to change.

What would be the location of this outside force?
Some might call it another dimension, while others might call it heaven....to me its all a matter of linguistics

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Sparky63]

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Not a long time ago I ended up reading a nice scientific journal, Scientific American if I am not mistaken, where scientists already started to talk about trying to look for the Pre-Big Bang.

The Big Bang is just a logic theory to explain how the universe WE KNOW was created.

Of course that the Big Bang was modeled based on gravity. Gravity... everybody knows it but nobody understands it. Or so they say...

There are several theories to try to explain how it was before the Big Bang.

Again, still nothing new about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe gravity just failed one day for some unknown reason reason and all that balled up energy just released. Instead of an explosion you just had an explosive release of energy.

I really think if we figure out what gravity is or what causes gravity we will know everything there is to know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join