It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glimpse of time before Big Bang... Possible!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Glimpes of time before Bing Bang... Possible!

news.yahoo.com

The Big Bang is often thought as the start of everything, including time, making any questions about what happened during it or beforehand nonsensical. Recently scientists have instead suggested the Big Bang might have just been the explosive beginning of the current era of the universe, hinting at a mysterious past.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit. Changed title from "bing" to Big"

[edit on 7/2/07 by FredT]

Mod edit: changed title from "Glimpes" to "Glimpse"...

[edit on 2007/7/2 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't even have to say how cool it is to imagine seeing the moment before the big bang. Perhaps what turbulant turn of events caused it. Man, I'd like to have a copy of that still shot.

AAC

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well drats! I blame this on GI Joe for beaing beaten just by moments on the posting.

Well here's my metaphysical take on the story in case my post gets deleted.

To me, to see before the Big Bang, to see this Infinite Energy is to see the Face of the Divine.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I thought there was "nothing" before the big bang?

Looks like scientists have another theory to reconsider.

Why can't they just admit they have no idea and a conscious creator had something to do with it?

Gah.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I thought there was "nothing" before the big bang?

Who says that? It's not part of current theory as far as I am aware.

Why can't they just admit they have no idea and a conscious creator had something to do with it?

Gah.

because that's a cop out and a lazy route. They could just use that to explain away anything they don't understand and move on. Look where that got us in the past.

I really wish Humanity would drop this bogus idea of God... It's fine for camel herders and ignorant carpenters thousands of years ago, but come on, in this day and age God should be our last resort when trying to explain the Universe.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting.

This sounds different than M-theory that also attempts to explain time before the big bang.

P.S.: You might want to fix your title "Bing Bang"

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I really wish Humanity would drop this bogus idea of God... It's fine for camel herders and ignorant carpenters thousands of years ago, but come on, in this day and age God should be our last resort when trying to explain the Universe.

Did I ever say I believed in religion? No I don't. Everyone has a personal relationship with God and their own path. Disbelief is a path, but not my own.

God is not the last resort for anything.

I am not calling it a "he" as in the bible and most mainstream religions, but a conscious light energy that exists in everything.

Even you, the unbeliever. God even loves you.

Bing bang!

Hahah AAC. Gotta love it. Spell check much?

God isn't a cop out, just reality. Meditate and maybe you'll find your own inner light. Maybe not.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

One day we will realize that trying to explain the universe is equivalent to trying to explain god. You cant totally understand it, but you can come close...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My favorite part: "Past research suggested the Big Bang was preceded by infinite energies and space-time warping where existing scientific theories break down"

Infinite Energy and Space Time Warping you say?

My metaphysical take on it is the Infinite = the Ein Sof, in otherwords the Divine. I dont feel this is a cop out. Saying there is or isn't Divinity could be a cop out. Many people are disturbed or afraid of the idea of higher beings, especially Divinity. We like to feel like we are the only ones, special with no one above us.

Yet at the same time others use the Divine cop out to justify actions they take like the Morons that tried to attack the UK.

The Infinite doesnt justify stupidity. Denying the Infinite would be ignorance. We have to come to realize we are little infintesimal bits of almost nothing in a cosmos greater than our mind can even try to imagine.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Did I ever say I believed in religion? No I don't. Everyone has a personal relationship with God and their own path. Disbelief is a path, but not my own.

Did I say you did? Unless you are humanity.......

God is not the last resort for anything.

Of course it is, especially when trying to explain the unknown. By leaping to the assumption of God before anything else is foolish, when there is no evidence of one.

I am not calling it a "he" as in the bible and most mainstream religions, but a conscious light energy that exists in everything.

I sort of agree with you there, paradoxically, but I do not believe it to be conscious, but rather just a force permeating living things. What it is I do not know, but I do not subscribe to the belief that it is an explanation in itself, but rather it is a construct within this universe and as such arose at it's creation, rather than being it's creator.

Even you, the unbeliever. God even loves you.

Thats nice. I certainly don't love it and to be honest, I do not believe it loves us. Love is a Human emotion, to attach that to something that is not Human is to equate ourselves to it, which is hugely arrogant and implies that it is conscious, which I do not believe, at least in the classical sense. If it loves, it must hate and have a plethora of other feelings, which, when you boil them down, are chemical responses within the brain arising from experiences.

God isn't a cop out, just reality. Meditate and maybe you'll find your own inner light. Maybe not.

God is a cop out when using it to explain the unknown. Even if you believe in God as a conscious deity, one must also subscribe to the notion it gave us free will. It would be appalled if we then used that free will to consciously ignore all evidence and explain everything by it without first exploring other avenues.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Bing bang!

Hahah AAC. Gotta love it. Spell check much?

Nope.

You they say, if you stare into the abyss long enough, it may start to stare back.

AAC

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Love is a Human emotion.

Love is ALSO a human emotion. That is where you are missing. Because it is much, much more...

AAC

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

God is a cop out when using it to explain the unknown. Even if you believe in God as a conscious deity, one must also subscribe to the notion it gave us free will. It would be appalled if we then used that free will to consciously ignore all evidence and explain everything by it without first exploring other avenues.

My opinion on this is that the Infinite may actually expect and encourage investigation. We arent intended to be mindless robot zombies.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Love is a Human emotion.

Love is ALSO a human emotion. That is where you are missing. Because it is much, much more...

AAC

Elaborate. Let me guess, it's going to be some existential, touchy-feeley nonsense? You do know it is a hormonal response? Does God have hormones? If it does, then he is biological and therefore fallible, ergo, not God. A self-defeating argument.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Do you normally ask questions and then speculate the answers from a negative point of view?

Anything outside of of the physical is going to be metaphysical, which will provoke negative connotations from the sounds of your last post. So I will simply say this; love exists outside of the physical body, if you can't comprehend that, then you won't comprehend my elaberation, as hoaky as you may think it seems.

AAC

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Do you normally ask questions and then speculate the answers from a negative point of view?

No, not always
.. And it's only negative from your point of view.

Anything outside of of the physical is going to be metaphysical, which will provoke negative connotations from the sounds of your last post. So I will simply say this; love exists outside of the physical body, if you can't comprehend that, then you won't comprehend my elaboration, as hoaky as you may think it seems.
AAC

How can a hormonal response exist where there is no hormones? People's emotions can be toyed with by changing brain chemistry, which relies on hormones amongst others chemicals.

To imply emotions as we comprehend them as humans outside of the physical (which, if you read my posts above, I am not adverse too, just peoples ill thought out idea's of it) is daft, seeing as they are a direct result of brain chemistry.

Again, implying that a conscious divinity of infinite knowledge and power would be so affected by a hormonal imbalance is trying to attach a human attribute to something which you could not possibly understand.

Also, claiming you understand something that is utterly beyond comprehension is arrogant and belittles whatever it is that the "higher power" may be.

This is why I shy away from anyone who claims to know anything about it, because that would be impossible from our own inconsequential existence.

Also, trying to use the unknowable to explain that which is knowable, but not yet known, is doing ourselves a disservice and is a cop out.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am not saying love is an emotion, I am stating otherwise. You are saying it is an emotion because that is where you understand its origins.

The spirit is an universal entity. Love is the proverbial blood that runs through its proverbial veins.

"We are not humans having a spiritual experience, we are spirits having a human experience."

Love is just a symptom within the physical realm.

AAC

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think we are a much smaller piece of reality than we expected.

As usual folks..How many times in history are we going to realize this?

Welcome to the multiverse, one of many.

...AcesInTheHole.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
My opinion on this is that the Infinite may actually expect and encourage investigation. We arent intended to be mindless robot zombies.

Yeah? Do you think it will encourage us to slaughter people in Afghanistan and Iraq, too?

How can a hormonal response exist where there is no hormones?

You miss the point. His statement is conveyed as an exchange of fact. And since it is a fact, your argument falls apart. How can one be sure it does exist outside of the physical body? Well.. how can one of scientific rigor be absolutely sure it cannot? You compromised yourself with an "opinion".

Checkmate at your own game. I really get tired of doing this too.

[edit on 2/7/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I sort of agree with you there, paradoxically, but I do not believe it to be conscious, but rather just a force permeating living things. What it is I do not know, but I do not subscribe to the belief that it is an explanation in itself, but rather it is a construct within this universe and as such arose at it's creation, rather than being it's creator.

Good explanation of how I think also. I certainly don't go for this all loving all forgiving omnipotent being watching over us. If that is the case, he's doing one hell of a job being the perfect creator as I look around the world.

The force of nature is the least forgiving force in existence; it creates life and destroys life without desire nor care. It's just nature. Worlds form from dust, chemical processes occur, there are a trillion possibilities of what could determine life that we are unaware of, yet we base our existence on this conscious god. Rather arrogant of us in my opinion.

If there is to be a god of sorts, it is nothing more than the mere nature of the existence of everything.

Nature is chaos in balance, but sadly, us lumps of random biological awareness are causing it to lose balance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join