It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To John Lear and Sleeper: Planet Neptune - A Waterworld?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Not really... their 'guess' is better because all you need is the right temperature and pressure and carbon crystallizes to diamond...

But I don't trust their guesses on what the atmosphere is made up of, let alone the pressure. Their guess isn't worth much to me because there's no way they can prove that the gases and pressures they think are on Neptune really exist. Until we put a man on the surface (if one even exists), we can't be sure of anything.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
Until we put a man on the surface (if one even exists), we can't be sure of anything.

So you are saying, if we put one capable robot on surface and three in the atmosphere, that wouldn't count for anything??

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
Until we put a man on the surface (if one even exists), we can't be sure of anything.

So you are saying, if we put one capable robot on surface and three in the atmosphere, that wouldn't count for anything??

It would help, but I still wouldn't be 100% convinced. I'm a true skeptic and it's hard to make me believe in anything 100% without seeing it with my own eyes. CGI has gotten so good nowadays, how do we know that the rover would really be on Neptune?

What I don't trust is that we get our information all from one source - NASA/ESA/RSA - they're all in bed with each other, so it may as well all be the same source. If we had dozens of small companies not affiliated with government organizations that weren't getting funding from the government sending rovers to Neptune that all returned similar results, then I'd probably completely buy it. Until then, I probably won't believe what's really on Neptune until I die and gain the ability to float out there and see for myself

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

I strongly agree that the involvement of private enterprise will greatly eliminate the suspicion of scientific results and prevent falsification of data by government agencies. The problem is when the private businesses themselves then falsify data for their own reasons.

I was offered investment four years ago in a company that intended to patent a life form based on Martian biological samples. Sort of Jurassic Park meets Ghosts of Mars. Now, as it turned out their samples were fake. They didn't know that and there was definitely genetic material and it was definitely getting sequenced etc.

It was in fact a case of theft of existing patented life and an attempt to use an UFO scam to get away with it.

Government secrecy allowed this scam to prosper way longer than it should have, and private enterprise secrecy then and now has prevented widespread knowledge of the crime. So secrecy in general is the problem, promoting as it does "magical thinking" and the other ills of credulousness.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Interesting example... Even outside the exotic stuff, private industry is not exactly a paragon of openness and transparency -- think pharma. Or Microsoft. Or whatever.

So reliance on private business as the ultimate arbiter is ill-placed.

consider: I am an entrepreneur who got some seed money for the first mission to Mars. Not too much, but just enough. I have some dubious results from my soil samples that might indicate the presence of life that can be sequenced, or maybe not. Is it, or is it not in my interest to drum this up through every media outlet on Earth? Even if evidence was inconclusive? Sure as hell. This time, I can get a really large chunk of money, do an IPO and retire comfortably while the next mission is being planned. Then wait for the news that after all, the life on Mars was bunk.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Exactly mate.

My inbox fills up each DAY with free energy investment opportunities and the rest. None of them are government backed. Almost all of them at some point claim government interference has stifled their development. Secrecy and so on is the problem.

I am sure NASA has edited, enhanced and selected results at times, since they're human, but largescale fraud on other than classified flight topics seems way less likely.

Secret spaceships? No question. Secret spaceships that run on what is apparently a mix of magic and implausibility..? Um... Maybe not.

Likewise Neptune. Presence of H2O? Wouldn't remotely surprise me. A waterworld like out of a science fiction story? That would be so cool, but it doesn't sound at all likely.

Wishing won't make it so.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Not always so, DH, not always.

For example, there is this chap who promises me a tabletop thermonuclear fusion reactor. Well, his theory is for the most part sound, but there are a few chinks in it that still needs to be settled, and then there are the experiments...

But we may actually make headway in the project if he could spend a bit more time out of the looney farm. Yep, he went and mentioned to someone the possibility of a benchtop thermonuclear fusion reactor, and now he has to spend his evenings down at his local banana patch. Because everyone knows this, and everyone knows that, blah, blah.

And he doesn't want any money, just someone to say he is right. I mean, so long as I don't go and blow myself up, he doesn't care what I do with it, and in fact hopes that someday all mankind will reap the benefits of his genius. Yes, only PRS has a true "mad scientist", which helps to put us so far ahead of everyone else, yet I and the organization have as much drive to defraud as this fellow.

So I submit to you, it is not always so. If we err, it is by reason of insanity, not subterfuge.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
There are no "water planets" in our solar system. Just like there are no ‘gas giants’ in our solar system. That is a myth propagated by NASA to promote the belief that 'we', the 'human' race' are the only living beings in out solar system.

The major reason that NASA promotes that belief is to make us feel like we are 'alone' and dependant on earth invented technology. They don't want us thinking that there are 'better' or different places.

NASA is controlled by 'forces' that we know nothing about. Mike Griffin is a figurehead; he knows very little about what is really going on. You would really be surprised at all of the 'projects', 'planes', 'vehicles' 'satellites' 'space stations' and who all knows what NASA has out there.

There are secrets, within secrets, within secrets of which 'we', you and I know very little. About all we know is that a space shuttle goes up to a space station every few months and drops off parts that usually don't work.

The truth is mind boggling. There is so much stuff going on 'out there' not only in orbit around the earth but on the moon, on Mars and on many of the other planets it would make your head spin if you knew ten percent of it.

No. Neptune is not a 'water planet'. People live there like they do on earth. We have an amazing solar system but you are not allowed to know anything about it. Why? Because those in charge here on earth don't think its any of your business. Thats why.

Oh, one more thing. The only 'gas giant' in our solar system is NASA.

Maybe they think it would cause wars because of people wanting to leave Earth, I dont know. One question I want to ask, what do you think about stuff that Alex Collier has spoken about?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It seems something is growing on Neptune's south pole

At least, it's turning green:

www.spacetoday.org...

According to thermal imagery, Neptune's south pole is significantly hotter than the rest of the planet, too.

www.theregister.co.uk...

Hmmm...

Interesting stuff indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Fantastic pictures! I wonder what the hell that is?

Reminds me a little bit of the seasonal colour changes on Mars.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The white we are seeing on the images of Neptune there is obviously water vapour, however, if the atmosphere of Neptune, is Methane, Hydrogen and Helium, where is the oxygen elements to create the common compound H2O.

Also, the way I say Neptune as NOT being a gas giant (and may i say, I also agree that Nasa is the only gas giant in our solar system) is that gas giants orbit of the sun gets closer and closer to the sun. A good example is of the Star 51-Pegasi and is orbiting companion "51 Pegasi-b" which is infact a gas giant and its orbit has drew ever closer to its star, which inturn speeded its complete orbit time up to 4.23 days.

Anyway...If Neptune, Saturn and Jupiter were infact gas giants, wouldn't their orbit paths "shrink" as it were?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
think about it....our system on this planet is just enslaving us to consume material objects that really are meaningless and well were all headed towards a bleak future...WE NEED TO STAND UP TOGETHER!!! but its more than likely not to happen...well if you really want to think hahaha..well heres somethin for ya....Well Where is the origins of the Humans on this planet??? along with all the plant, wild life etc.....it was all seeded from other Advanced ET's....and ALL PLANETS ARE INHABITABLE...this planet was TERRAFORMED...it may seem absurd but that is in fact the truth....Were all like experiments to these advanced ET's but there are many waking up
and that is truely amazing...its based upon the individual and there soul being........
Be Mentally Free My Fellow friends

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Remember Voyager 2 took some fantastic photos of yes, the blue watery planet Neptune. Neptune contains clouds and they have been seen at different speeds and at different levels in the atmosphere.

When mankind from Earth makes it to Neptune life I believe will be discovered on the planet as well as in the depths of the Oceans. Triton, the largest Moon of Neptune contains weird and humanoid lifeforms as well as structures, roads and mining equipment. The surface of Neptune is thermally heated within and the core temperatures exceeding 7000 degrees heat the surface of the planet. Again the surface of Neptune is not cold contrary to popular belief it has it's own inner sun.

If we compare our level 5 storms on Earth to storms on Neptune we on Earth could not even comprehend the strengths of the super storms on the blue watery planet. This heat from the core has to escape somewhere and at times creates tremendous turbulence in the air as well as the sea. Rik Riley

[edit on 8-2-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
Fantastic pictures! I wonder what the hell that is?

Isn't it obvious? Neptune is hollow and they left the door open at the pole letting the heat out...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting...I wonder if someday dreams are controlled by electrons. Neptune is chemistry to atoms. Sometimes prayers are answered, dreams come true and wishes are fulfilled...they are Neptune mathematics and influence.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

hey John, This is a great topic to read about. I've always had doubts that the "Gas Giants" were in fact "Gas Giants". To a layman like me, it just did'nt make sense. It is obvious even to the "untrained" eye that these planets, Jupter, saturn, Uranus, and Neptune, hold a well defined circular shape. I do believe that these planets especially Jupter, have a thick atmosphere however they are still made of rock and dirt..
Now we know that NASA lies to World in reference to everything, but, what is your speculation on the gravity of Jupiter. NASA tells us that its gravity is so intense that it would crush any space vehicle sent there. Could you possible give us your opinion ? Also, what do you know about the large moons in our Solar system, are they also inhabited.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I've thought so too myself when I was very young, almost forgot that belief 'til now.

I think the time has arrived to finally build my inter-galactic cabriolet!

I initially had doubts going off-world, thinking it's a dark, inhospitable place out there!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Neptune the planet wasn't named until the 1840s. Chances are Neptune, the roman god, had the name first. And the planet was probably named after him either because it's blue like the ocean, or, if they couldn't tell through the telescopes at the time, because they'd been naming all the other planets after roman gods, and Neptune is a fairly major player there.

NASA likes to release pictures that have the color balance incorrect, to make them prettier. Apparently this is what neptune looks like when the color balance is corrected:

cseligman.com...

(the contrast is also adjusted so the details of the darker rings can be seen.)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Aristarchus of Samos - lived between 310BC and 230BC so probably knew no better.

I guess your 15mins of internet googling did not give the correct information needed. I honestly fail to see how you could type something so ill informed to the general public.

The bottom link is just an indication of what i would guess these lecturers are just ranting on. But then again in this day and age, google seems to hold more merit than people who devote a life time to study.

galileoandeinstein.physics.virginia.edu...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join