It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To John Lear and Sleeper: Planet Neptune - A Waterworld?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Wouldn't you rather be riding on a horse beneath a blue sky with white puffy clouds?
Actually, yes. Someday, somehow but not right now; I guess. Its not up to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Dude, I have no time for laymen’s arguments. But you probably are aware that the theory of formation of gas giants is, well, just a theory. Inferences from various factors. No one knows for sure. These are all deductions using Newton’s Universal Law of Gravitation as the basis to calculate the mass of planets.

It's a pretty cavalier thing to do, to toss Newton's laws out... And for what? To be able to agree to agree with John Lear? John Lear can't hold a handle to the person who can hold a handle to Isaac Newton. This is just nuts. Lear (and you ) can't prove anything yet you declare that you understand gravity better than any one else. And you toss a few acronyms around to make somebody believe you know something. God it's stupid.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Lear (and you ) declare that you understand gravity better than any one else. And you toss a few acronyms around to make somebody believe you know something.

Wow! You love to shoot your mouth, don't you? Are you trying to stress on your self proclaimed superior intellectual abilities? If nothing else, you're proving yourself to be a sophistical rhetorician inebriated with exuberance of your own verbosity. In other words, a damp squib.

And by the way, before shooting from the hip, re-read the posts and you'll perhaps discover that I never did profess to understand gravity.

God it's stupid.

Oh? That's the height of conceit, Mr know-all! Hey, you've already been warned once. Don't push your luck.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Golly, we are being a rude little boy today aren't we?

Why are you letting a little common sense from Aelita get to you so much?

I thought you and the old man had this 'gas giant' business wrapped up.

BTW... That sentence with all the big clever words in it....

1.... It's got a word missing, therefore it makes no grammatical sense.
2.... It doesn't mean damp squib.

BTW.... Got anything to say about people living on Neptune at all?

[edit on 4/11/2007 by Irma]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Golly, we are being a rude little boy today aren't we?

Rudeness begets rudeness!!

BTW.... Got anything to say about people living on Neptune at all?

Noooo! I ain't from Neptune, so I wouldn't know!
And heck, I wouldn't wanna go there either! I believe they don't serve beer there!

Cheers!

[edit on 4-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
THIS article talks about the changes in the cloud formations throughout times of the year on Neptune. Problem is, they span over years not months. The upper atmosphere winds are believed to be around 900 MPH. There blows a mighty wind........and a cold one at that.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
is this guy serious?
people live on the moon AND neptune?

Why would you think that we're the only ones with an intelligent brain that exist on a planet? Of course there are people who live on other planets.

Don't live too much under the rock, dude.

edit: and you forgot Mars, might I add.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Even the planets that are being 'observed' outside our solar system are gas giants more often than not.

POPPYCOCK... Do you skeptics ever do any real research?

Oceans in the Air - Gigantic oceans of water girdle HD 28185 b.
HD 28185 b is the first exoplanet discovered with a circlular orbit within its star's habitable zone.
Habitability: Water Cloud Jovian
HD 28185 (G5)
Confirmed
Planet at Earthlike Temperatures at Mean Orbital Distance

What I like most about this one is that the astronomers say habitable... yet that it is a Jupiter size (Jovian class] planet

HD 209458 b was the first transiting extrasolar planet discovered, the first extrasolar planet known to have an atmosphere, the first extrasolar planet observed to have an evaporating hydrogen atmosphere, the first extrasolar planet found to have an atmosphere containing oxygen and carbon, and one of the first two extrasolar planets to be directly spectroscopically observed. It is also the first extrasolar planet found to have water vapor in its atmosphere.

HD 209458 b is informally known as Osiris

HD 209458 b is an extrasolar planet that orbits the Sun-like star HD 209458 in the constellation Pegasus, some 150 light-years from Earth's solar system. HD 209458 is a 7th magnitude star, visible from Earth with binoculars.

PEGASUS RULES

I would adopt this planet but sadly it is dieing...

Lucas was right! Meet Tatooine

well Gliese 876 b to some...

Although astronomers believe it could be 6 to 9 times Earth's mass, the team estimates it is 7.5 times larger — astronomers would place this body in an "earthlike class size."

Source

Earth's twin found at heart of Milky Way - Thursday, 26 January 2006
Discovery of a cool planet of 5.5 Earth masses
OGLE-2005-BLG-390Lb

"This discovery is a strong hint that these lower-mass objects are very common," says lead author Dr Jean-Philippe Beaulieu from the Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris.

ABC News

This Planet Has Three Suns
HD 188753

In a scenario out of Star Wars, astronomers have detected a planet outside our solar system with three suns, a finding that challenges theories of planetary formation.

If you stood on the planet's surface, you would see three suns in sky, although its orbit centres around the main yellow star among the trio, according to the research.

The larger of the other two suns would be orange and the smaller one red.

Dr Maciej Konacki, from the California Institute of Technology, refers to the new type of planets as "Tatooine planets" after Luke Skywalker's home planet, which also had multiple suns, that appeared in the original Star Wars film.

The new finding could upset existing theories that planets usually form out of gas and dust circling a single star, as this planet has to contend with the gravitational pull of three bodies.

Source

According to NASA.."This land of the three suns shouldn't be there at all, if we believe current models of how planets form (Image: NASA/JPL-Caltech)"

[edit on 5-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Noooo! I ain't from Neptune, so I wouldn't know!
And heck, I wouldn't wanna go there either! I believe they don't serve beer there!

Are you sure about that?

"Finally made it to Neptune Oyster after being on my must go to list.."

"Jack's Rib & Ale House South in Neptune - Local Yellow Pages"

"Neptune's Brewery"
Beer List
Neptune Cream Ale
Clipper Nut Brown
Dragging Anchor Lager
Mermaid Tail Red Ale
Pale Ale
Smooth Sailing Cream Ale
Special Reserve Barleywine
Toad Back Bock
Walk the Plank Cream Stout

You sure you don't want to go?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think it would behoove everybody to possibly back up the speculation a little bit and take a few minutes to better understand the science, measuring instrumentation, techniques and calculations behind determining what a planet in our solar system is primarily made of and it's mass.

It can get a little complicated, but it is worth looking into if your going to argue that Neptune is a water world among other things.

This is the problem with some of the stuff in this forum, it's based on people's ignorance of things. So much easy to tell a cool story, about stuff you want to be true than to figure out what a SPECTROMETER is, how it works, and why you, yes even YOU, can do simple test to show how verifiable and repeatable the information gleamed from it's use is.

But I digress, of course Neptune is a water world, lol. The standard answer to someone like myself is I do not have an open mind and therefore am not ready to see what you guys see. So much easier for you to say that than to show me how 2+2 does not equal 4, huh?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
There are no "water planets" in our solar system. Just like there are no ‘gas giants’ in our solar system. That is a myth propagated by NASA to promote the belief that 'we', the 'human' race' are the only living beings in out solar system.

Do you understand that NASA doesn't control all the information that we have about space, such as the make up of what planets are, etc? Such as Japanese research satelites, etc. Electro telescopes?

There are secrets, within secrets, within secrets of which 'we', you and I know very little. About all we know is that a space shuttle goes up to a space station every few months and drops off parts that usually don't work.

Dont usually work? are you crazy?

No. Neptune is not a 'water planet'. People live there like they do on earth. We have an amazing solar system but you are not allowed to know anything about it. Why? Because those in charge here on earth don't think its any of your business. Thats why.

Oh so there are people living on Neptune? What do they look like? What do they breathe? How do they survive the crushing gravity and atmosphere? Do you have any proof? Perhaps an example? Or do you like to just write absolute crap without a shred of evidence, theory, story, anything at all? Perhaps what we need to do is DENY IGNORANCE and have you banned from the site? I've seen many of your posts, and do agree with many people on this site that you are in fact an idiot of a person who talks a load of crap.

Oh, one more thing. The only 'gas giant' in our solar system is NASA.

So jupiter isn't a gas giant? May i ask what it is made of? How about them swirling gaseous storms like the red eye of Jupiter? Are there people living there too? Are there people living in your head? Any voices?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
"Finally made it to Neptune Oyster after being on my must go to list.."

"Jack's Rib & Ale House South in Neptune - Local Yellow Pages"

"Neptune's Brewery"
Beer List
Neptune Cream Ale
Clipper Nut Brown
Dragging Anchor Lager
Mermaid Tail Red Ale
Pale Ale
Smooth Sailing Cream Ale
Special Reserve Barleywine
Toad Back Bock
Walk the Plank Cream Stout

You sure you don't want to go?

Wow!!
When's the next Neptune shuttle? Why in the name of Neptune's rings didn't you tell me that before?

And Ron, have you guys, meaning you, Matt and John fixed the wires on that darn tin-can? Remember I got zapped due to that blooming short circuit on the last Mars shuttle? Just look at me in my avatar!
Ok. So that's nothing to laugh about!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is the part where John has to avoid breaking the T&C by stating that these are only his beliefs, despite the fact he states these things as if they are indeed verifiable fact and that we are all fools for not knowing his "truth"

John, read my replys and answer them. It's that simple. Failure to do so is a risk you should not take. You are displaying your ignorance of verifiable, scientific FACTS, and it could be construed as a willing violation of the ATS terms and conditions.

But, you know you as well as I do that you can avoid anything that could possibly expose your ignorance, and that it is backed up and therefore encouraged by a for profit business. Sad. I fear ridiculous claims and absurd theories born of ignorance could actually hurt the cause you "claim" to work for.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
John, read my replys and answer them. It's that simple. Failure to do so is a risk you should not take. You are displaying your ignorance of verifiable, scientific FACTS, and it could be construed as a willing violation of the ATS terms and conditions.

But, you know you as well as I do that you can avoid anything that could possibly expose your ignorance, and that it is backed up and therefore encouraged by a for profit business. Sad. I fear ridiculous claims and absurd theories born of ignorance could actually hurt the cause you "claim" to work for.

here, here , i second that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Hmmm...That language seemed a trifle strong!!
Anyways.....

Ok. So what did we learn in school/college about the sun?

Spectroscopy showed that hydrogen makes up about 94% of the solar material, helium makes up about 6% of the Sun, and all the other elements make up just 0.13% (with oxygen, carbon, and nitrogen the three most abundant 'metals'---they make up 0.11%.

But with the latest satellite imagery, it seems the sun may be a solid sphere after all!!

The sun's photosphere is often mistakenly referred to as the 'surface' of the sun. In reality however, the sun's photosphere is only a "liquid-like" plasma layer made of neon that covers the actual surface of the sun.

That visible layer we see with our eyes is more commonly known as penumbral filaments. This visible neon plasma layer, as well as a thicker, deeper plasma layer of silicon, entirely covers the actual rocky, calcium ferrite surface layer of the sun. The visible photosphere covers the transitional region that is the actual surface of the sun, much as the earth's oceans cover most of the surface of the earth.

This is an example of a "running difference" image of the sun's
surface revealed by the TRACE satellite using its 171 angstrom filter.
This filter is specifically sensitive to iron ion (FE IX/X) emissions and
records a C3.3 flare and mass ejection in AR 9143 in 171Å on 28 Aug 2000.
The flare activity is caused by increased electrical activity as fast moving plasma sweeps over surface ridges, resulting in increased electrical activity on the windward side of the mountain ranges.
Courtesy: 'The Surface Of The Sun'

There are a whole host of unexplained phenomena related to the sun's activities that still baffle gas model theorists to this day because they fail to recognize the existence of an iron alloy transitional layer that rests beneath the visible photosphere. Fortunately a host of new satellites and the field of heliosiesmology are starting to shed new light on this mysterious transitional layer of the sun that is located about 4800km beneath the visible photosphere.

So now we have not one, but two models, thanks to TRACE and SOHO. The image above taken by the TRACE satellite, does seem to show a solid surface.

Now, there have been little or no analyses of Neptune so far with equipment like SOHO and TRACE. So hold your horses some and let’s see what surprises Neptune throws up!

And hey! I do not subscribe to the idea of humans on Neptune. At least not yet!

Cheers!

Ref:
www.thesurfaceofthesun.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Yes i apologise for the language, which i guess may be over the top and mods may edit it out, and dishing up a little abuse liike that, but i am really angry with what john lear is saying. This site is to deny ignorance, not encourage it. And john lear is a perfect example of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
POPPYCOCK... Do you skeptics ever do any real research?

What nice artists impressions you posted.

To lift two quotes from exoplanets.org...

"220 Exoplanets are known around nearby stars".
"Since 1995, our group has discovered 115 Jupiter-like and Saturn-like planets".

Normally, the ratio of 115 into 220 is over 50%. Unless of course you come from the John Lear school of advanced mathematics where it can mean anything you God damn like.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Thanks for th e post ITF. If you are talking about the questions you posted a few days ago they were answered and posted yesterday. A simple apology from you for you continued abusive languarge and lack of attention would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thanks for the post ITF. I have read it several times and I still don't understand what you are trying to say. I would respectfully request that you restate whatever it is you are trying to say especially the part about a 'profit busniess'. Are you referring to my Official ATS/John Lear Tin Foil Hats?

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

I'm sorry, John. I just checked my recent posts in the related thread and must have missed your detailed responses. I still can't find where you answered anything with any substance, but like I said, I could have missed it.

That being said, can you reply to the couple of responses I put in this thread? Surely someone who can postulate such theories understands basic math, science, and instrumentation data before jumping to such conclusions.....right?

And it needs to be said, if you bothered to read AND comprehend any pf my posts, there is nothing abusive towards you about it, no more than anything you post on a regular apsis. I was very careful to use all the tactics that you get away with on a regular basis. Funny to see how you react to it, though.....

Come on John, let's drop this immature nonsense and get down to the nitty griity. Every time someone injects anything logical and verifiable into your outlandish stories you find any reason you can not to answer them. That, in and of itself, should be a warning to all who give you even the slightest amount of credit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join