It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Over Matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

I am making this thread because I have always been interested in the power of the mind, I personally believe we are capable of doing great things, things that some people would deem to be supernatural but in fact are only natural.

So anyways, I was wondering if you people have any interesting links to share on the power of the mind and how to develop the power of the mind.

Oh yeah, I'm also interested in the the Chinese/Asian concept of "chi." If anybody has any knowledge of this please share.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Search for Qi Gong on ats or google for some insightful stuff. I believe the mind's thoughts turn into matter. Thereby we are gods of the physical universe if we choose to realize it. We can create our own food out of thin air, or travel to the stars, or do what we wish.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ah, I remember having the same interesting long ago, and I'll show you where it led me.

www.psipog.net...

There you'll find articles on how to accomplish pretty much every psychic feat, even ones that most people don't want to learn. Have fun with your practice!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
We can create our own food out of thin air, or travel to the stars, or do what we wish.

When was the last time you materialized your own food? Car? House? Money? Or the last interstellar trip you journeyed on?

I'm investigating psipong at the moment, as I am intensely interested in the ability to harness and tap untold and unseen energies - but what personal experiences have led you to believe what you do?

I consider myself a humble skeptic who wants to believe, please don't take any of my comments as personal attacks or anything like that.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
I'm investigating psipog at the moment, as I am intensely interested in the ability to harness and tap untold and unseen energies - but what personal experiences have led you to believe what you do?

I consider myself a humble skeptic who wants to believe, please don't take any of my comments as personal attacks or anything like that.

The best way to prove PsiPOG to you, is to try it out yourself. It's what I did, and I certainly got results.

As to us being gods of the physical universe.....

If that were true, a whole lot of people would be dead that aren't.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
... I have always been interested in the power of the mind, I personally believe we are capable of doing great things, things that some people would deem to be supernatural but in fact are only natural.

indeed, the power of one's mind is something else,
but with science comes knowledge and explainations...
such as this couple day old report found at LiveScience
which gives us greater insight on how 'meditation' works

"Brain Scans Reveal Why Meditation Works"
www.livescience.com...

to my life-view, those exotic anomalies ranging from sensing eys watching you to uncanny abilities to pick up 'clues' from a missing persons personal object...are high sensitivities that some people might accidently developed and are actually based on our own normal senses...
just tuned up a bunch of notches..

the more i familiarize with these uncanny abilities that are not as uncommon as we are led to think, the less i see these traits as spiritual
or other worldly....i see them all as underdeveloped abilities that are within
the natural domain of our physical, mind-brain systems & have been observed randomly throughout human history & traditions.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
As to us being gods of the physical universe.....

If that were true, a whole lot of people would be dead that aren't.

Yes, but the resurecting of humans I think would fall into more of the spiritual nature. Once the soul wants to go on, it will go on, and no other physical influences can interfere with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew

Originally posted by Vipassana
We can create our own food out of thin air, or travel to the stars, or do what we wish.

When was the last time you materialized your own food? Car? House? Money? Or the last interstellar trip you journeyed on?

I dont claim to be able to do these things, only that I believe it is possible to do with enough training and mental focus through meditation.

Think about it, if one person is capable of moving things with their mind and linking telepathically with others, then logic would assume that the collective consciousness of all humans would be much more powerful and potentially capable of creating things out of nothing.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If i could have one psychic power, it would be mind-over-matter. Why? because the mind has imagination, so what ever we can imagine with our mind we could do in reality. So basically if you had mind-over-matter, every psychic ability you can think of would stem off this.

I believe i once achieved this state of mind a few years ago where i went for a period of almost 2 weeks without any sleep. It got to the point where i was past tired, i no longer felt tired, but wired. My mind was so switched on and running a million miles a second. I managed to do some amazing things during this time, such as controlling electrical devices and manipulating the weather. I don't care if you believe me or not, you can put it down as delusion or woteva but i know what i experienced.

I tried working with psi a long time ago, but after learning that the psi-wheels were actually spinning from heat and static off my hands and that i could never make a visible psi-ball, i gave up. I think chi is more the way to go. The buddist religion is one of the oldest on this planet which has remained unchanged all these years. I've never seen a youtube video of someone making a visible psi-ball, however i have seen qigong masters do some incredible things with chi energy.

Getting back to mind-over-matter, i do not have any links for you sorry, i have been looking myself and there is little info on the web about this. I also wouldn't suggest doing what i did and stay awake for a prolonged period of time to override your mind. There has to be some other way to make your mind really switch on, overpowering your body and anything consisting of matter. I just don't know what it is yet.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Great link VoidMaster... am looking it over right now. A lot of information here! Thanks for sharing!

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
the effects of mind over matter have been rigorously scientifically investigated for a long time, especially in the last 50 years or so, via the princeton PEAR and EGG projects. basically, it's been shown that human intention, emotional states, etc. can effect reality in the form of output from a true random number generator. may not SOUND as impressive as lifting a rock with telekinesis, but considering it's been scientifically demonstrated to the point where it's very difficult to argue against, it's rather exciting.

I'd highly suggest looking into the work of Dean Radin, and to a lesser extend Lynne McTaggart. mctaggart has collected vast amounts of information on intention affecting reality and the like, and Radin has been studying the nature of consciousness and how and why 'Psi' effects work for over a decade now.

I'm currently reading 'entangled minds' by Radin, after just having finished 'the field' by mctaggart. both are incredibly interesting reads, and I highly suggest both. Radin in particular presents a great deal of hard numbers and facts to help drive his point home, including graphs plotting output from various experiments against chance expectations; various psi experiments have found generally positive results (but not always, mind you) ranging up into the trillions-to-one against chance expectation-- meaning that you'd only expect to find the results in one out of one-trillion experiments.

one interesting thing about Radin's work is that he actually attempts to disprove the studies he's citing by finding statistical or experimental errors, but the well-designed, controlled, double-blind studies always turn out to have positive results, though in varying magnitude-- he admits that some aren't statistically significant, but most are.

an interesting study in the book that's sticking in my mind is one where they measured skin-conductivity as an objective measure of emotional states of experimental subjects, and showed them a series of randomly-ordered images, varying from neutral, to cute, to calm, to sexual, to violent. of course, the expected variances in skin conductivity was there after the images appeared on the screen in front of the subject. but quite unexpectedly, the change actually began an average of three seconds before the subject saw the image in question. a number of follow up studies concluded that this was a repeatable effect that wasn't due to random chance or experimental error-- the images were randomized and their content couldn't be predicted, and there was no way for the subject or any of the experimenters, even, to know which picture would come up next. basically, the studies demonstrated that your body is always subconsciously aware of not only what IS happening, but also what is about to happen. a kind of... constant, unconscious precognition. so a human having a 'spidey sense' may not be that far off from reality after all.

so it seems that mind can effect matter, which can in turn effect mind, and so on and so forth. an interesting two way street compared to the 'matter>mind' model of reality always assumed by classical scientists.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Ah, I remember having the same interesting long ago, and I'll show you where it led me.

www.psipog.net...

There you'll find articles on how to accomplish pretty much every psychic feat, even ones that most people don't want to learn. Have fun with your practice!

Wow, that site is interesting, ima try it

top topics

join