It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Captured Hezbollah agent helped plan deadly Karbala raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A top special operations officer from Lebanon's Iranian-backed militia Hezbollah has been captured in Iraq, where U.S. officials say he played a key role in a January attack that killed five Americans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes .com
www.iraqslogger.com

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good news from Iraq.
This doesn't look good for Iran.

The media is going to jump all over
this one, it was breaking news on CNN
earlier.

How will this play out..

www.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I hope the administration has enough sense to take action against Hezbollah directly and quit using proxies. Everytime we let someone get away with attacks etc. our credibility is ruined. We blab on and on about Al Qaeda but the real threat are groups like Hezbollah and the Al Madhi Army. They are the ones who are going to drag Iraq into a Civil War that will either result in a new Shiite state or the Balkanization of Iraq. They are the Clear and Present Danger.

They no longer fear us. They get away with crap like this repeatedly and we keep talking about the "almighty" Al Qaeda which has to stop. They see this. They see us ignoring them. To them this is fear. The real enemies think they are winning and we no longer have the confidence to confront them.

We must if we are to win confront the real threats with overwhelming force and power. If we dont want to win just keep doing what we are doing and go ahead and start selling Arctic real estate to Russia.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
like to point out on a historic note;

Hezbollah did carry out a European bombing campaign

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate

www.cnn.com

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A top special operations officer from Lebanon's Iranian-backed militia Hezbollah has been captured in Iraq, where U.S. officials say he played a key role in a January attack that killed five Americans.

Related News Links:
www.nytimes .com
www.iraqslogger.com

Cool they caught a guy responsible for "5" Deaths, what about the people responsible for the thousands on 911? when will that be solved?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hezbollah did carry out a European bombing campaign

I was unaware of that. Please could you post some links Infinite to bring me up to speed on their European bombing campaign ?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I caught this report on TV earlier and the fact that this guy played like he was a deaf mute untill interrogaters finally broke him tells me that he's the real deal, the most worriesome part about what he has told authorities is that the insurgent training camps outside of Tehran are a reality, and with that knowledge we can expect more of the same from them unless we attack Iran directly.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought

Cool they caught a guy responsible for "5" Deaths, what about the people responsible for the thousands on 911? when will that be solved?

We killed a couple, the rest are hiding for their lives. So much for the temptation of 72 virgins.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

the most worriesome part about what he has told authorities is that the insurgent training camps outside of Tehran are a reality

Does this confirm reports on satellite images of a training camp in Iran which duplicates the Karbala compound?

Satellite imagery links Iran to the Karbala attack "U.S reconnaissance spacecraft have spotted a training center in Iran that duplicates the layout of the governor's compound in Karbala, Iraq

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It appears the media might do the fullcourt press..

U.S. Implicates Iran in Jan. Attack

Video: Michael Ware on CNN today

Does this confirm reports on satellite images of a training camp in Iran which duplicates the Karbala compound?

The articles don't mention that,
but that would be some trump card.

Hmmm, interesting..
all this damning evidence coming out,

same day Libby is commuted,

same day Special Vipr Teams to
be dispatched to 8 major cities,

one day after Sen. Leahy says he may seek
charge of contempt against the Prez,

two days after release of a Secret Document
warning of an al-Qaeda 'Spectacular',

two days after the Glasgow attack,

three days after the London car bombs,

one week after Chicago's Emergency Alert System
was activated by accident using a Presidential Code,

and

on the eve of the Fourth of July.
(I may be off a day or two on some,
but did I miss anything?)

Everyone please have a safe and happy Independence Day.

top topics

join