It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd image added - Someone please tell me what I saw...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What really stuck me as strange about it is how the shape and proportions and direction never changed. No turns or dips, just an even, steady change in distance as I indicated in the illustration. I wish I had noticed it earlier becuase it must have flew almost directly over head, or in front of me as I was driving...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
HEy my mouth hit the FLOOR when i first read this post. please i hope this helps add to this.

My GF and I were traveling south from portage IN to my parents on fathersday.

we saw what looked like at first a plane large jet making a turn at least thats what my brain though it was. but it never made the turn it just kept on at a rather constent speed away from us getting smaller and smaller until we lost it. I figured what ever it was was going well over the speed range of what we normally see it only took this thing about 2 seconds to cover the eniter sky and fade into the distance.

it was about 10 am on fathers day 2007 and it was over reality the northwester indiana area moving south

it was hasey that day and it was a solid greyish looking it was aways off and i thought it looked like a greyish millitary jet making a left turn with the right wing and tail facing us like a rear quarter shot but it never made the turn as is it was flying sideways.

anyway i know its a jumbled mess of recolection but i am in the car and can drive and type well

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicagofreedomfighter
HEy my mouth hit the FLOOR when i first read this post. please i hope this helps add to this.

My GF and I were traveling south from portage IN to my parents on fathersday.

we saw what looked like at first a plane large jet making a turn at least thats what my brain though it was. but it never made the turn it just kept on at a rather constent speed away from us getting smaller and smaller until we lost it. I figured what ever it was was going well over the speed range of what we normally see it only took this thing about 2 seconds to cover the eniter sky and fade into the distance.

it was about 10 am on fathers day 2007 and it was over reality the northwester indiana area moving south

it was hasey that day and it was a solid greyish looking it was aways off and i thought it looked like a greyish millitary jet making a left turn with the right wing and tail facing us like a rear quarter shot but it never made the turn as is it was flying sideways.

anyway i know its a jumbled mess of recolection but i am in the car and can drive and type well

I also thought I was seeing a plane in the process of a turn at first. When I kept looking at it and the pattern stayed the same - that's when I almost drove off the road trying to watch it as it got smaller and smaller...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That's funny that you saw that.

On the way home from my sister's high-school graduation on May 24, my family were in the car and saw something similar to what you drew.

My mom and I saw it clearest (my dad was driving, mom in front passenger, me sitting behind mom next to window, grandmother to my left and grandmothers boyfriend to her left, sister went her own way with her friends) because we both had window seats.

I had my mom draw out what she saw on paper yesterday because I wanted to see if it matched up with this google Earth video I had seen. What I thought I had seen was a triangle with a light at each point but she said she saw red lights down two sides with nothing on the third. I didn't have any vision correction on so I'll take her account as being the better description.

I usually just let lights in the sky go without much mention because to me they are just lights in the sky. I just thought I would comment that what you drew coincides with what she described. It was perfectly still. My grandmother kept saying that it was a plane going to land at the airport and I kept reminding her that planes move when they are landing. ...old people.

On a side note, my friend who is USAF Reserve says they have a new jet that can hover like a harrier and drop a nuclear payload. Don't know if they are the same thing, but lights in the sky don't excite me as much as seeing real ships.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
True as said here it could be eg: a U2 /experimental civilian plane but its also mentioned as to why would aliens have such lights underneath ..also true but why will experimental secret planes have such big lights ..suppose to be secret not?

Unless the military want to log citizen reaction ..one theory mentioned *sorry forgot the poster who said it* ..but the lights could lend anti-gravity support or it could be various "ships" flying in formation..

Nonetheless you did not recognize it so it will stay an Unknown Flying Object to you be it man made or an alien craft..until you know what it was you witnessed.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I was just in another post the one that says, ufo in Shanghai. Looks just like what you have here. I don't know how to move that post here maybe someone can do that.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I was just in another post the one that says, ufo in Shanghai. Looks just like what you have here. I don't know how to move that post here maybe someone can do that.

Yeah, similar in some ways except that one had blue lights and moved around alot - pretty sure that one was the delta light kite.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is what we call a UFO, is in fact only 1 ship in a triangular shape. Several have been reporte for many years and the best cases are in Canary Islands. Feel lucky is a good find

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I would tend to agree that it is a military craft. I found the article below while researching triangles and think this may answer your question. Take a look and let me know what you think.

UFO Casebook

The key words here are Aurora and ASTRA

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Thats a good idea ps-ing the pics to illustrate but to me it looks like a plane jet whatever.
Ive always wondered why would ETs need lights, doesnt that seem silly.
First of all if they wanted to make contact they would just make contact.
however if they wanted to remain hidden they definetly wouldnt have lights. So why would they have lights?
Just doesnt make sense flying around with lights for all to see then shooting off into space evrytime.

Shapes colors and yes lights are very important. these are colored lights not headlights. It is my opinion that colored lights and shapes play a big role in alien communication. have you ever seen the movie, close encounters of the third kind? dont think that just because this was a movie that it didnt have some truth to it. people didnt think star trek and there ion propulsion system could ever be real. But hey what do you know now we have it now.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was looking at Google earth again and realized the lights were heading in an approx. south-west direction from the FL turnpike, just north of the Disney area in Orlando. Also, not far away in that direction, are Tiger Woods' and Shaquille Oneal's homes. Maye it was a private plane or some Disney related thing, That's a bit of a stretch - but thought I would throw that out there.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Considering no one has any idea what it is I'm gonna say its an unidentified flying object. As it is now officially a ufo i think it is terrestrial but of course i have no idea but i have never in my life seen that type of effect on a plane.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It looks like Harry Potter

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Does anybody know of any good aviation related sights that would be useful in figuring out what the lights could have been?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07

Home > Toys Gadgets Gifts > Delta Stunt Kite >
Delta Stunt Kite
Delta Stunt Kite

The Delta Stunt Kite. Weighing in at a miniscule 4 ounces, this professional acrobatic kite is by far the master of all stunt kites. With its solid frame and durable lightweight nylon sail, this kite can fly in the lightest of winds! It sneaks up on the competition and takes the audience by storm ! A HUGE crowd favorite !

Specifications:

Wind : 5 - 20 mph

Skill level : Beginner, Intermediate or Expert

Wingspan : 5ft

Height : 3ft

Material : Ripstop Nylon

Lines : Twin - 2 x 50ft

Flight line: 50# test on winder with straps included

Here are the specs on the Delta Stunt Kite. Hence, I think this rules the kite out. I am now going with a UFO of unknown origin.

Thanks for all of that info by the way. I guess I'll never know exactly what I saw. It was definately unconventional, but top secret military or extraterrestrial? I guess I just don't feel that lucky to have seen something like that.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by animachina]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Bump - just in case anyone new has seen something like this - still no answers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join