It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd image added - Someone please tell me what I saw...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by moles
It's hard to say exactly what it was, but I would tend to side that it was some sort of aircraft in the landing configuration. Sometimes the lights are just on the wing which can give the impression that it has a delta shape when it's really not.

I just checked Google Earth and there a no airports near where I saw this thing heading...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If you check this thread you may get the answer that you are looking for. I included the you tube video what looks almost identical on what you saw.

This video is of a Delta Wing Kite with LEDs on it.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by build319]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
nevermind.

i didnt read first paragraphed, went right for the pics.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by puhatek]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by animachina
I've always wondered that myself - why would they have lights at all?.

Light is a byproduct of the propulsion system.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
[edit on 2-7-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How about a stealth blimp?

www.nidsci.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Light is a byproduct of the propulsion system.

yes of course is it - evreybody knows that

its clearly a B class scout ship built by reptoids but piloted by greys from the zeta reticuli star system.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You are all wrong....dead wrong!

It's radio-active geese.

Please, no thank you's. It's what I do.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

It's radio-active geese.

What evil being is responsible for their radioactive fate???

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

It's radio-active geese.

What evil being is responsible for their radioactive fate???

It's the Scientologists. But don't worry, The Church of Gaming is on the way to stopping them.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Saint Master Chief shall save us all!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Saint Master Chief shall save us all!!!

Brings a tear to my just thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by build319
If you check this thread you may get the answer that you are looking for. I included the you tube video what looks almost identical on what you saw.

I have seen this and what I saw does look very similar to one of the light patterns on the kite (minus the central strobe light). But, there is no way for a kite to have such a steady controlled flight for such a long distance, unless it was attached to the back of an un-lit helicopter.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Anima, please tell me, what do you think about my stealth blimp theory?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Anima, please tell me, what do you think about my stealth blimp theory?

Oh, I wasn't sure if you were serious. What I saw seemed much smaller than the stealth blimp mentioned in the linked article and I'm not sure how the light pattern fits with it. But the speed and steadiness of it's movement was kind of blimp like.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by animachina]

[edit on 2-7-2007 by animachina]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
Yeah, I agree with the delta wing argument.

Wiki: Delta Wing Aircraft

Maybe some kind of experimental one?

No military aircraft would have that kind of light configuration. The whole idea behind military aircraft is to fly low and not be seen. So that rules out any military aircraft. Also, they do have the standard strobes, as per regulation.

However, it would be daft for an aeroplane; especially a military aeroplane to be lit up like a Christmas tree. It would be shot down as it would be a moving target clearly visible.

How do I know this-My dad was a radar technician with the air force, and my ex-husband was a aircraft mechanic with the air force, and as a Junior Air Force Cadet, we had to learn about military aircraft. My objective was to become a female test pilot and then a space shuttle pilot. My height was what restricted me getting into the academy. In the 80's there was a specified height for women to get into the armed forces. The recruiter deemed me too small.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So rachel07, any ideas? I just wish I could've seen this thing during the day so I could make sense of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by animachina

Originally posted by build319

I have seen this and what I saw does look very similar to one of the light patterns on the kite (minus the central strobe light). But, there is no way for a kite to have such a steady controlled flight for such a long distance, unless it was attached to the back of an un-lit helicopter.

I knew it couldn't be a military aircraft as the military wouldn't light up their aircraft. I thought it was either a triangular ufo(some people report strange configuration of lights) or something that was more down to earth.

However, kites do not make steady controlled motions, and if there was a helicopter by law it would have to have regulation strobes, even if it had the capability like AIRWOLFE to go into whisper mode. The strobes would give the helicopter away.

The only way a kite could go that distance is via remote control and with some kind of motor. Then the remote range would have to be able to extend to the distance you showed in your pics.

I am going to see what I can find out about this kite (i.e. range, distance via remote etc)

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Home > Toys Gadgets Gifts > Delta Stunt Kite >
Delta Stunt Kite
Delta Stunt Kite

The Delta Stunt Kite. Weighing in at a miniscule 4 ounces, this professional acrobatic kite is by far the master of all stunt kites. With its solid frame and durable lightweight nylon sail, this kite can fly in the lightest of winds! It sneaks up on the competition and takes the audience by storm ! A HUGE crowd favorite !

Specifications:

Wind : 5 - 20 mph

Skill level : Beginner, Intermediate or Expert

Wingspan : 5ft

Height : 3ft

Material : Ripstop Nylon

Lines : Twin - 2 x 50ft

Flight line: 50# test on winder with straps included

Here are the specs on the Delta Stunt Kite. Hence, I think this rules the kite out. I am now going with a UFO of unknown origin.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe what you saw was a Lockheed SR-91 Aurora hypersonic jet. It's a classified delta-wing configured reconnaisance aircraft.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join