It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to myATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
now I am dang sorry I posted on topics that are not MY FAVORITE because the random computer brain is now choosing for me what is my favorite or not

theRiverGoddess, you can easily remove those threads from the favorites list by clicking the little X next to the thread in the list.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
MyATS Firefox issue:

Every time I click on a "last post" icon on any thread, a new tab opens. By the time I've navigated around for a few minutes, I have 8 tabs opened. Is that the intended operation?

Get an extension for Firefox called "Tab Mix Plus". You can then set the way that tabs open, and what causes them to do so. (ie, open new tab from external links, etc.)

actually the way I have firefox is so that everything opens in ats own tab. I just close the ones I don't need open anymore.

Not a big deal, imo.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
forestlady, try logging out and clearing your cookies. Then log back in.

Thanks Mechanic, that did the trick!
Forestlady

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Not a big deal, imo.

Thanks, I will look into that. It's just it used to be fine (one tab) The advent of this new MyATS is when the many tabs started opening. Every time I hit something on the board, a new tab opens.

But thanks, I'll get my software guy on it right away.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Thanks Mechanic, that did the trick!
Forestlady

Glad I was able to help.

BH, when I click on links in MyATS, it only opens new tabs when going from for example ATS to BTS or PTS. Or from BTS to ATS, etc., etc.....

go to "Tools" ---> "Options" then "Tabs", you may be able to make changes there that will affect how tabs are opened that way.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

BH
go to "Tools" ---> "Options" then "Tabs", you may be able to make changes there that will affect how tabs are opened that way.

One way is to use the middle mouse button, not that it changes the fact, but it keeps the old tab visible until you look at the next one. Doesn't seem to have an option to change it.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm not actually sure I'm being understood. So I'll explain it and anyone who doesn't want to read it can ignore it.

I have a tab open to MyATS.

I click a "last post" icon. A new tab opens. I now have 2 tabs open.

I click MyATS.

I click a "last post" icon. A new tab opens. I now have 3 tabs open.

I click MyATS.

I click a "last post" icon. A new tab opens. I now have 4 tabs open.

I click MyATS.

I click a "last post" icon. A new tab opens. I now have 4 tabs open.

I click MyATS.

I click a "last post" icon. A new tab opens. I now have 5 tabs open.

So, simply looking at 4 different threads results in 5 tabs being open. In other words, when I navigate the board, every time I look at a new page, it opens a new tab. I have to go close them all before starting over. And this just started happening with the MyATS upgrade. Yesterday.

Used to be the page I chose opened in the same tab. The only time a new tab opened was in going to a different site.

The Tools/Option option doesn't offer any relief.

Does anyone else with Firefox have this new problem???

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
BH, i'm going to need instructions by phone

Just kidding there.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
BH, which version of Firefox are you using??

I am using version "Firefox/1.5.0.11"

This may help to pin down the cause, as different versions may behave a little differently.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
BH,

Go to Tools/Options and then choose 'Tabs'.

Click the box that says "Force links that open in a new window to open in:' and then choose 'The same tab/window as the link'. Then it should work as before.

Hope this helps.

Edited to say: Oh wait, I don't think that works in the new version. Hmm.....

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Version 2.0.0.4

That may explain something...

Originally posted by Duzey
Click the box that says "Force links that open in a new window to open in:'

I don't have that box.

I'll get my hubby to help me when he gets off work. Sorry for the off topic-ness.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Version 2.0.0.4

That may explain something...

I've had other issues with 2.0.x.x and switched to a more stable version.

Not sure really what else to say.

would be good if we had input from other users of that particular version. 2.0.0.4

edit for keyboard malfunction. .. twice

[edit on 7/3/07 by Mechanic 32]

[edit on 7/3/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Get an extension for Firefox called "Tab Mix Plus".

I did this.

And now I have this:

BH, when I click on links in MyATS, it only opens new tabs when going from for example ATS to BTS or PTS. Or from BTS to ATS, etc., etc.....

And I can easily live with that! Thanks!

apc

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm using 2.0.0.4 and it does open a new tab for any load-last-post clicks, but I don't have a problem with it. Just close the page when done...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And I can easily live with that! Thanks!

So you are all squared away, then?....

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, I'm new to this whole Firefox thing, but I too have the same tab behavior described by Benevolent Heretic. I also have the same version she has.

Just an FYI.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I got the "Tab Mix Plus" and messed around with it and the regular tab options and got it to work, not as it was working before, but I think I can live with it. If you want to know the settings, shoot me a U2U and I'll let you know what I did.

It's not great, but it works.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I got the "Tab Mix Plus" and messed around with it and the regular tab options and got it to work, not as it was working before, but I think I can live with it.

Now that add on is really handy. Thanks for mentioning it.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

In the end, ATS is subject to the same principles of commerce as any other business. Provide a product or service that people like, and they will come.

It`s all about the hits, the adverts and the bringing of new people and maintaining the membership.The more members the more zeros in the profit.ATS is growing for all the reasons commerce grows.

The sooner the membership learns this the better.We don`t own this site, we can give opinions but change happens and if we don`t like the product vote with your feet and leave.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572
We don`t own this site, we can give opinions but change happens and if we don`t like the product vote with your feet and leave.

That's true, but there are other options.

The concerns of the membership regarding this issue made a difference and the same is true for many other issues.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join