It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to myATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
forestlady, try logging out and clearing your cookies. Then log back in.

Not sure if it will help, but it has helped resolve other issues for some members in the past.

The problem may be browser specific, what browser do you use?? (IE, firefox, etc..)

[edit on 7/2/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I asked about this the minute it happened and my board also got immediately moved to the Complaints forum. Glad to see they finally allowed one to stick, as it is blatently obvious how many people disliked the new layout. The latest change is a definite improvement back in the right direction, but not as good as the original.

I had a hard time even navigating to the Board Business & Questions forum, as the only way I ever access it is through MyATS.

Since it seems to still be being worked on, I'd like to make a suggestion to make it user customizable so that you can list whatever number of threads from each forum you want, rather than only the default 6. But at the same time, limit the number of favourite forums that people can have as previously suggested.

Now that I mention it, how do you manage your MyATS lists? I have one I'd like to delete... but I can't figure out how. Not on the actual page, nor under profile editing, member center, etc. The up/down arrows and X on the entire forums themselves aren't there any more.

Thanks for adding the "last post" option as well.

Edit: I found the buttons to edit MyATS. They're just a very tiny bar though for some reason, I can't even see which are which, have to go by the URL. May just be an Internet Explorer issue with the new code.

[edit on 7/2/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If it's not loading for you try pressing F5 on your keyboard a couple times. Also last I looked, this new version was only working off the Abovetopsecret link. Not on BTS or PTS>

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
...but not as good as the original.

...good enough! I'll take it!

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Edit: I found the buttons to edit MyATS. They're just a very tiny bar though for some reason, I can't even see which are which, have to go by the URL. May just be an Internet Explorer issue with the new code.

In a desperate attempt to come up with my own solution last night, I did something I vowed I'd never do... switched to Firefox.

As you say, the graphics are hosed on IE, but work fine with Firefox...

I assume SO will fix that in due course...

He likely needs a rest, as I assume it took him some time to develop the new page.

Odd that he never mentioned Scotch. I would have thought this thread was a worth bottle or two. ...It was for me.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by loam]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm hoping the Forum titles on MyATS will become links again.

Everything else looks great!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Can someone post a screen shot of what you're seeing in IE? I'm on a Mac and not able to reproduce errors in Win/IE.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here ya go:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Can someone post a screen shot of what you're seeing in IE?

img107.imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Macs are infinitely better, aren't they SO?

I never saw any sort of error in MyAts after the latest change, and I'm on a Mac and using Firefox.

SO, you and all of the ATS staff are God. Perhaps far more useful.
Thank you for continuously spending your own time and effort to make ATS a better place for us.

--Kit.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I re-ordered some code that might have given IE a fit... let me know if it's better.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Mission accomplished!

[edit on 2-7-2007 by loam]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's a step in the right direction!

But I do have one small request...

Could the "click" area for last post be made a little wider? The way it is now, it seems it is smaller than the old ">>" button.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is much better. I feel as though my site has been restored--pun intended.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
MyATS buttons are all better now, thanks =). They were even worse for me than the screenshots posted, probably due to the fact I'm still stubborn and using 800x600 resolution. For me they were basically grey bars that I thought were just dividers, I didn't even notice them at first.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
It's a step in the right direction!

But I do have one small request...

Could the "click" area for last post be made a little wider? The way it is now, it seems it is smaller than the old ">>" button.

Also, this may just be firefox, but when I press that, I get a new tab everytime, and I don't want one. It's alright, but it makes the myATS page into a springboard to everything else.

Oh, and a nice thing would be the move to top/bottom of the subscribed forum display, unless the new code prohibits it. Though what would be really good would be to number each position, and giving an option in the bar of that forum on myATS to move it to said position, eliminating the need for those buttons.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
The old layout and new are fundamentally the same, as both consist of recent threads/posts from your selected favorite forums.

I'm not sure what the issue is here.

The issue is usability.

The old format presented forums with recent threads separated out in their own sections.

Now everything is jumbled together in a totally useless cluster of data.

What is more usable when reading a newspaper? Having every headline presented one line after another with no regard to topic or subject? Or having each subject separated out into different sections?

What's the point in having different forums if they're all presented like this?!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I must agree, this new layout is one more unneeded change for changes sake. The old layout was far superior as it was easier to view, organize and understand. Why have each new post appear by time line by line in no particular order when the old layout did the same only under the respective forum section? This new layout is confusing and unnecessary...

[edit on 1-7-2007 by WestPoint23]

Ok I UNDERSTAND the 'saving of server space..................BUT

Originally posted by apc

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
The old layout and new are fundamentally the same, as both consist of recent threads/posts from your selected favorite forums.

I'm not sure what the issue is here.

The issue is usability.

The old format presented forums with recent threads separated out in their own sections.

Now everything is jumbled together in a totally useless cluster of data.

What is more usable when reading a newspaper? Having every headline presented one line after another with no regard to topic or subject? Or having each subject separated out into different sections?

What's the point in having different forums if they're all presented like this?!

What the MY ATS is showing me has NOTHING to do with my personal favorites and threads I constantly moniter

It is showing the various threads I have posted on
and just BECAUSE I choose to coment on a topic does NOT mean it is my FAVORITE for petes sake...... it just means I had an OPINION on something..............now I am dang sorry I posted on topics that are not MY FAVORITE because the random computer brain is now choosing for me what is my favorite or not.............:dwn: :dwn:
Some of MY favorites are not recently active threads and so NOW I must drudge through all kinds of unwanted information to FIND the information that matters to me.....
Geeez and I thought the big opening topic for ATS MIX was uber lame...........

Oh well, there are other sites on the web not shoving 'poor little' Paris Hilton down my throat and I bet I could post without 'them' deciding for me what I want to keep my eye on or not.
This is a sad day indeed for ATS..........

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
ok Now I am feeling like the lame one..............

I would just erase what I posted but I am going to leave it for the sake of sharing my opinion........
(Honestly though IF there WAS a 'complete delete of post' button I would use it right here and now.

I appologise to anyone whom I may have offended with my opinions
(EXCEPT for whoever thinks Paris Hilton is a worthy ATS subject for you I have NO appology)

[edit on 3-7-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ya see. This is why I like ATS. I meah yeah I may have been a little unruly along with others, but you responded. Now we can have our cake and eat it too. mad propz to the ats admin yall.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
MyATS Firefox issue:

Every time I click on a "last post" icon on any thread, a new tab opens. By the time I've navigated around for a few minutes, I have 8 tabs opened. Is that the intended operation?

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join