It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to myATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Strange, a few hours ago he said he couldn't do what he just did. Oh well, thats way better.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Trust me... if you look around the site as a whole, there's a lot that he's done that most people (including him) thought couldn't be done...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thanks SkepticOverlord. Everyone here really appreciates all the hard work you put into making things run smoothly.

Now, lets see if we have as many thank you replys as there were complaints.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Been away for a bit, The new city with all the bright light drawing me in has kidnapped me from home.

The site looks great, and feels great. Thanks SO.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think this is a good example of one of those "Don't freak out, the site is being worked on, your input is appreciated and considered in changes that are made to the site."

ATS is not a static, unchanging entity. Changes, both subtle and obvious, are constantly being made to the site to improve performance both behind the scenes and in the foreground. Sometimes these changes will be welcome, sometimes they won't be, and sometimes they are a transitional element until the next phase can be implemented.

The important thing to remember is that we're always trying to make the site better, every day, for you to use for free.

So, if you see a change you don't like, please be a little patient for the kinks to be worked out. Feel free to make suggestions, or to complain, or even to compliment, but threats to "leave the site if you don't do what I say" are generally considered to be rude, unhelpful, and immature. ATS is, always has been, and always will be, a community effort to achieve the best user experience possible. Part of that experience is patience while we all work through changes.

Anyway, if you go and look at the new MyATS, you'll see the newest new version is back to looking kind of like the old version, only niftier, color-coded, displaying flags and replies.

[edit on 7/2/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I like the update. I can deal with this one, similar format maybe less space on your servers...Ok with me.

I think we can compromise. You guys seemed to figure it out once again

Thank you for all your hard work.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
One possible solution is the creation of static modules for each forum. The modules with be "pre-rendered" every few minutes with the latest forum activity. These modules would then replace the "dynamic" tables in the old MyATS layout. The functionality would be much the same, but the content would not be "live."

This is the basis of the new solution. The information is globally updated every 10 minutes, then the MyATS page displays only your selected forum favorites.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you for the new changes! MyAts looks much much better

Sorry yall had so many complaints first

--Kit.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You know it never even dawned on me that having so many forums listed on myATS would cause a problem. I could easily cut it down to 8 forums without it being a big deal to me. I've just always parked all the forums in there, well, because I could.

When I can have access to delete some of those out of there, I will.

Also, I've never found a good way to access the threads I've tagged as "Favorites" so I leave them on my "Subscribed" list.

I could clean out my subscribed list, if I know how to get to Favorites (without adding another one to Favorites).

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The new code supports unlimited Forum Favorites.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Contrary to some of the doublespeak on this thread, saying something was better the way it used to be is constructive criticism.

Anyway, it's looking a lot better. For me, myATS was my start page on these forums, and that was precisely because of the well laid out, easy to read at a glance format.

That being said, mine at least still has problems:

I'm assuming this is because it's a WIP. However, assumption has never been good to me, so I thought I'd post it anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Thank You.

It's nice to know, despite a few condescending comments made by some with regard to those who found the previous change very disturbing, you heard our concern.

You are awesome, because you make this site awesome.

Thank you, again.

-------------

Now, to anyone who might offer me some help.

I get these errors at the bottom of the page:

Is this because I need to unsubscribe from a few forums?

Also, I no longer have any subscribed threads. Is this temporary, or will I need to resubscribe to them?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Excellent!

A sincere thanks for all you do! I don't know what I'd do without ATS, but my house would probably be a lot cleaner and my dogs better-trained...

You are very much appreciated! (Aw, heck... you're LOVED!) There I said it!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Well I don't know exactly what SO did, but I like it

More compact and less garish now!

Nice one

yup my thoughts exactly!

looks a lot easier to read

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I'm assuming this is because it's a WIP.

Well, who'd have thunk? It's perfect now.

Good skils.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Whatever you did, SO, all of the issues I raised above are now resolved.

Thank you, again.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, now I can't access myATS AT ALL. There aren't even any buttons to push to see if I can enter myATS.

HELP!

apc

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Now that is SEXY!

If that myATS layout were a woman... erm... yeah!

I don't know how temporary the objectionable format was originally intended... if our extra loud squeeking encouraged a liberal amount of grease...

But if there was always the intention of making a rapid transition to this new layout, providing such information to the users would have immediately eased concerns. Constructive criticism for any future modifications of such dramatic impact.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Now that is SEXY!

If that myATS layout were a woman... erm... yeah!

O! It's sexy allright. Now quit pushing her buttons. I saw her first. She's myATS.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
dbates, can you help me figure out why I can't access myATS page? I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join