It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to myATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
But the new format is a more streamlined code, and presents a smaller load on the server... Giving the server more capability to handle threads... Like this one.

Sheesh, give it a chance.

Anything that can streamline the way ATS runs is OKAY by me.
I have no idea how difficult it is to keep this HUGE website running 24/7. But, I'm thankful ATS is here.

I can bookmark whatever forum I choose to follow closely. No big deal.
I believe that this change was done for the common good of ATS and that individual priorities take a back seat to the common good of the forum.

ATS is free.
And the best damn site around.
Period.

apc

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by grimreaper797
There was NO reason to change it.

My thoughts on this? I do prefer the old one. However, it is human nature to combat change. I'll give it an honest shot and then see what I think. I'm not prepared to vent in frustration on something that I have not even given an opportunity.

I'm afraid this is one change that is going to effectively kill my involvement with ATS (to some delight I'm sure).

ATS was advantageous because I could, in one quick glance, see what was going on in the world. Others would post topics from news sites from around the world, and in one page load they would all be right there... easily distinguishable and discernible.

Now... useless.

There's people wondering if ATS is losing membership. Changes like this answer that question.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
not to be nit picky, but didnt ats get these like almighty new servers that could handle anything? IDK i just think this looks more jumbled. I have to see what kind of topic it is by looking at color

Not yet... Alas they will be online in July, until then we must all bear with it.

S...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Perhaps I'm being too self centered and i will give it a chance. Maybe with a little more tweeking or something it wont look so OVERWHELMING.

It is a little overwhelming, imo.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I notice that a lot of long-time members have posted in this thread, and their remarks are negative. I hope to hear from Skeptic on this one soon, it's not a change I like at all.

The ease of use of the old system was far better, and I always used myATS as my start page to the ATS community.
Before I could check the top posts in my favorite forums in the order I liked, and I could add/remove, or move forums depending on my interests.

This new format is a jumbled mess that will necessitate me deleting some of my favorite forums so that I can view the others more easily. I will likely miss some topics that interest me, and as a result I'll post less often.
I don't see how that's a good thing. :shk:

apc

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Not yet... Alas they will be online in July, until then we must all bear with it.

S...

So this is temporary? Will the previous layout return?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
ATS is free.
And the best damn site around.
Period.

The people who make it so are the membership.

No one here is complaining for the sake of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
My thoughts on this? I do prefer the old one.

Did you just say that? I think I'm going to have a seizure.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I can't "un-favorite" this forum.

The popup shows up but doesn't get off the list.

You have removed the forum from your list of favorites.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

S...

Please say yes! The current layout is not useful in the least!

I can live with it, if it's temporary...

Please say yes.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I can't "un-favorite" this forum.

I think we need to "Un-Subscribe" at the bottom of the page of that thread now

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

S...

No, I think Springer was talking about the new servers.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I think we need to "Un-Subscribe" at the bottom of the page of that thread now

No, that didn't help. I'm seeing all the threads in this forum on the left side of the myATS page. I don't want to see them.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow... Everyone take a deep one.

This is only until we get the load balanced server clusters up some time in mid to late July.

We are sorry for the inconvenience our free service has caused you.

Springer...

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Myats was just about the only thing about this place that hadn't been changed in the past year. Something tells me that was because it didn't need to be changed! *sniffle* I want my old myats back...

[edit] oh hey, it would be a good idea to read the thread before i post in it, wouldn't it...thanks Springer

--Kit.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What can i say, some people think cucumbers taste better pickled.

apc

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yaaaaaaaay!

Google is free too, but if I couldn't find the search box I still wouldn't use it. Advertisements are worthless if there aren't users to view them.

I'll have to whip up some some local frameset for my own layout for the time being.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I must be honest, ATS Chat and myATS is the only thing I use on ATS anymore. If myATS isn't user friendly anymore like the recent change has done, I may not frequent this site anymore. I look at the ATSNN (I know its not called that, but Im oldschool and its still ATSNN to me) ,board questions, and survival forum. Occassionally I look at the most flagged or recently posted, but only when Im very very bored.

If I can no longer see my ATSNN, board questions and survival forum in their own categories, it looks like a jumbled mess which I really don't feel like dealing with after a 12 hour workday. I come home. I click myATS and expect easy format so I can jump right into something that interests me. If I dont see anything of interest, I can easy jump into ATS chat.

Now I may just add my ATS friends on myspace, use google news to check news, and go on to a myspace group to debate when Im in the mood. It may not be as high quality post wise, but its alot easier to access, which is just as important to me.

EDIT: Ok temporary is fine. Just as long as temporary isn't like the temporary chat we had before...that temporary chat lasted like two month or more and really slowed my use of ATS. Half the time I view a thread on ATS it is because some one in chat mentioned the thread.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Wow... Everyone take a deep one.

This is only until we get the load balanced server clusters up some time in mid to late July.

Thank god.

We are sorry for the inconvenience our free service has caused you.

Springer...

Come on, Springer, that really isn't fair is it?

ATS is one of the best for a variety of reasons... Aside from its outstanding membership and content, it's configurability and navigability placed it a cut above the rest of half-a-dozen similar sites.

If you see passion, it's because we love your free service...

Why would you slap that passion in the face?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I dislike the new layout. Also, if it was changed to make it easier on the servers, doesn't it undermine that advantage if people go around visiting multiple forums to see the latest posts there?

I think either change back, have an option to switch, or keep the new one with the alteration that you can sort the order of the posts by forum and include an option to customize that order.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join