It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to myATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
One minute the myATS page is just as I had laid it out, and the next it's gone to an archaic appearing line by line listing of recent posts.

It was originally in well organized and easily readable columns and rows of boxes containing recent posts from selected forums.

Now, it looks like this...

I made no changes to my settings. One page load, it was in the organized layout. The next load, it was like... this.

Is this a new upgrade? Has the old and far superior myATS layout been abandoned? If so I must protest... this current layout is almost unusable to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The old layout and new are fundamentally the same, as both consist of recent threads/posts from your selected favorite forums.

I'm not sure what the issue is here.

To me the new seems better organized, and offers you a custom recent posts list, made to fit your favorite forum selections.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Myself, Mech 32, and anxietydisorder all tried to post threads like this, only to have them deleted. So much for Board Business & Questions.

I don't have a preference between the old myATS layout and this new one. The new one is too dark to read properly, but that could be fixed in a jiffy.
I like the ability to view myATS like you do the Recent Posts page, with the number of replies and who posted last and whatnot, but then again the old myATS was good because each forum was grouped, and if you wanted to look at the recent posts in, say, Skunk Works, then all you'd have to do is look in that window, instead of hunting around the list.

An AWESOME compromise would be to retain the old windows, but incorporate an extra two columns into each: who posted last, and the number of replies. I don't really care about the number of flags a thread has, not when it is in one of my favourite forums, but it seems you guys have already thought ahead on that one.
But I understand, once the admin has made it's mind up there is usually no going back.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just got the change too and I hate it. Bring back my old format. There was NO reason to change it. It worked perfectly fine.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I must agree, this new layout is one more unneeded change for changes sake. The old layout was far superior as it was easier to view, organize and understand. Why have each new post appear by time line by line in no particular order when the old layout did the same only under the respective forum section? This new layout is confusing and unnecessary...

[edit on 1-7-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why fix what isn't broken? I'm not into the new style in the least. The five top threads in each subscribed forum was clean and easy to view. Now it's a jumbled mess.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There may be no reason for you...

But the new format is a more streamlined code, and presents a smaller load on the server... Giving the server more capability to handle threads... Like this one.

Change can be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
The old layout and new are fundamentally the same

NO THEY ARE NOT!@!@!@!

Really, why do I have to have a duplicate of essentially the 'recent posts' layout? Each served their purpose.

This is not a good move in my opinion.

I prioritized what I saw for a reason.... Now I have to wade through everything...treating all of my favorites as if they were the same.

I beg the powers that be to reconsider this one! PLEASE!

apc

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The old layout and new are fundamentally the same, as both consist of recent threads/posts from your selected favorite forums.

The issue is usability.

The old format presented forums with recent threads separated out in their own sections.

Now everything is jumbled together in a totally useless cluster of data.

What is more usable when reading a newspaper? Having every headline presented one line after another with no regard to topic or subject? Or having each subject separated out into different sections?

What's the point in having different forums if they're all presented like this?!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
In that case please do us a huge favor and remove the new format all together. I'd rather have a faster server and a blank space rather than a sorry excuse MyATS layout. A blank area next to my threads will be just as useful as this new system but far more appealing on the eyes.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I think that part of the issue, at least for me, is that MyATS used to be a place hwere I would go to check on the latest posts in one or more of my favorite forums at a glance.

Now in order to do this, I can go to BTS, at least until the MyATS page is changed there as well.

But when that change happens in BTS as well, I would have to go to each forum seperately, to see the most recent threads from that forum, without having to sift through the other forum threads that are now combined in MyATS to resemble "Recent Posts".

It looks to cluttered for my tastes, as I have grown used to the uncluttered and arranged format of the old MyATS.

I think that a compromise could be made somehow, like giving an option to choose either the "MyFavorites" style (the new one) or the "MyATS" style (the old one) either that or just put up a "MyFavorites" button, for those that wish to view their favorite forums in that manner.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
not to be nit picky, but didnt ats get these like almighty new servers that could handle anything? IDK i just think this looks more jumbled. I have to see what kind of topic it is by looking at color

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Blah, me no like the new layout.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
The issue is usability.

The old format presented forums with recent threads separated out in their own sections.

Now everything is jumbled together in a totally useless cluster of data.

Exactly!

Moreover, I liked the reminder of certain threads with less activity at a quick glance. That is now impossible.

Please reconsider this.

[edit on 1-7-2007 by loam]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I miss the old layout...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with disliking the new layout. The design could've been cleaned up a bit to match the new design, but I think the basic layout of the older one was far superior.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Seems like everybody hates the new layout. I agree that it's too cluttered and there is no intelligent arrangement to it.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Too much tweeking-

I dont like it either i just didnt want to be the first to "complain/say something"

Its all crammed into one page and its

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
There was NO reason to change it.

Well, we will all have our opinions on this. Just as any other transition phase on ATS, this one will have it's naysayers. But one thing we should not be thinking is that this was done for no reason whatsoever. I'm quite confident that any move made by the Administration of this board, is done for a specific reason, with all of the pro's and con's being weighed. Not every move is going to be discussed with the membership, but plenty are. (Dark Matter)

My thoughts on this? I do prefer the old one. However, it is human nature to combat change. I'll give it an honest shot and then see what I think. I'm not prepared to vent in frustration on something that I have not even given an opportunity.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I like the old layout also.
And I like the thread views. lot of people dont post just read and i would like to know which thread is getting the most views.
Bring back the old way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join