It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing & "Out There" Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hi i'm not good with thread headers but we (my wife & myself) have experienced something i wanna share.

To start last year our best friend Mark passed away in a auto accident,great loss as we were brothers in our opinion..you people will have someone you know that will become as close as a brother/sister or closer.

I have been feeling "down-ish" or paranoid the last couple of weeks as if something is going to happen,not death in the family feeling something of a natural disaster/occurrence ..now maybe with all the weird weather (snowing in whole of South Africa last week & reaching the coldest we have ever been -14 Degrees Celsius in one area) the floods ,the clouds (CLT's),weather phenomena all over the world, maybe i have become even more paranoid *blaming that for now*

Last night i could not stop thinking "God is there a way out" then Mark kept popping up in my thoughts (though honestly we have spoken about him earlier on Saturday while watching football/soccer)..so i asked God to give me a sign that he is "ok" ..is he with God ?we are Christian but doubt always plays a big part & we could party ..not thumping here it's my story.

This morning at 8:03 i get a message on my phone i look & the message is "Your message could not be delivered to the following number 082*******" ,yes i recognized that it was my deceased friend's Mark's cell nr..that was "out there" lol with tears in my eyes now hear this not 20mins later i get a voicemail to dial his number ..meaning my sms has been delivered and for whatever delay i can dial the number ..i did and i heard his voice as in to leave a message saying "Mark" ..not "You have reached Mark" , just "Mark"..

I can recall in all honesty sending him a few sms's that day but to as which ones he got i cannot confirm and i shall so leave this for now so i can feel "good'.

I did get teary about it ,my wife cried ..we both did what women do when watching a tear jerker i suppose ,tears of joy or tears of fear that something could be happening..i do not know.

Just needed to share this.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow. That's a touching story. I belive the most likely explaination for this would be that it was a sign from God to give you peace about your friends death, nothing scary.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That's a nice story and I don't want to simply debunk it in a cold manner.

You say you are Christian, and yet have you forgotten the admonitions against contact with or trying to contact the dead?

The reasons are simple: if Mark is in Heaven, he would not contact you, I don't believe.

If he is not in Heaven, then he is most likely under the control of a demon who may be using him to influence or oppress you.

Here's how it might work.

This "innocent" encounter might lead to another, then another, etc., until over a period of years you have slowly let a malevolent entity into your life because it has been posing as Mark, or is using Mark's disembodied spirit as an "in" to your life.

I say it's a "possibility."

It may be a part of God's plan to let you have a supernatural confirmation that he is "okay."

But then again, it might not.

Just be careful.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

No doubt i totally agree on what you say ,i believe "demons" can play any game to get closer. I know demons hear what you are asking for in prayers and i always pray by saying the words out & not in thought/mind.

I was weary,always are..it was scary in a way & yes i thought it could be something spiritual working on me,since i was feeling down what greater opp do they need to attack.What you say is true ..it could be of "evil" nature.

This happened almost 3 months ago,yes beginning July and now it comes up

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

enjoy your experience

mark was letting you know

sorry but i dont believe in the nasty demons stuff

you will remember that day for the rest of your life and for happy reasons.

let us know if anything happens again, i would love too know

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I agree, enjoy your exp. and dont think about it too much.. You got what you where looking for.. Now its time to move on with what you have planned in your life. There will be a time soon enough when we are all back together agin..

Its nice that you got a little something while you are here.. Im got my message a couple days after my wife passed away.. Aswell as my father. So these are good things, and help us cope with the greifing process.

They are with you always my friend.. Thanks for sharing!

[edit on 1-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Your story is sad ,i really don't know if will be able to cope if i lose my wife..really sad for your loss.

As you said ..to move on ,tbh i have put this behind me ..why it was brought up 3 months after i made this thread i do not know..that is why i said previous post it's strange ..just weird.

@ Chickenfeet ,yes i will ,seeing this subject was closed for 3 months and pops up out of nowhere,i honestly have not searched this thread or visited it since July..so it must have been a few pages back.

If i may ask don't you believe in demons at all?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Its comes when you are ready.. And let me tell you from exp. that it never goes away, the pain only lessens over time. Things like this help out greatly, and start the healing process. I know deep in my heart death never gets any easier, its just something your learn to live with.
Everyone has their own personal way of coping.
My only advice is dont get caught up with people who think they can talk to the dead.. They only end up hurting you worse.. You got your message, and you know what it meant to you deep down.. Thats all you need..

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Your advice sincere ,i feel guilty in a way ,here is someone who lost part of his life and you telling someone who lost a friend how to handle it ..you lost so much more than me..please do not get me wrong but i really don't know how i will handle the hurt you have been through.

It never goes away ,it gets better but they never leave our thoughts.I know life does not wait and we must keep up ,but me losing a friend i felt "No More" ,what will happen when i lose someone as close as you have is what i am thinking now.

Your advice will be followed.

new topics

top topics

join