It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything interesting near Panama City, FL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi all. I'm a n00b to this forum (been lurking for a few days), and the whole conspiracy thing in general. Though I've followed a few stories from time to time, and I'm fascinating by many of the things, I know there's still a great deal I don't know.

So, with that said. Does anyone know of any particular topics of interest near the Panama City, FL area? While there are all sorts of opportunities for some urban exploration near large cities and such, I don't know of any such things in my neck of the woods. It tends to be pretty boring down this way. But I figured I'd post on this board and see if maybe anyone knew of something exciting, interesting, or mysterious in my area. Any ideas? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I like The Red Bar in Santa Rosa Beach...nothing paranormal going on, but still its a great place to go for the atmosphere and crab cakes. The owners are French hippies and have been running the place for something like 20 years I believe...they probably have a lot to share if you can get in a word with them.

Some fishy stuff about Pensacola: www.scoop.co.nz...

Eglin Air Force base is not far away: www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hahaha, well that's a good place to start, I'd imagine! I've actually heard of the Red Bar from several people, but haven't been there myself. I've also seen a few interesting things about Eglin, but I doubt it's anything I could ever investigate myself. We also have a Naval Surface Warfare Center here (nothing much interesting going on there, at least not that I've found), and Tyndall Air Force Base. But I don't think either of them are doing anything particularly interesting.

It seemed that a lot of the "hidden" bases and areas tended to be in the boonies somewhere, away from the hustle and bustle of most urban areas. So it made me wonder if maybe there's something hiding in the woods around this area that would be interesting to look at.

Thanks for the first reply!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
going there for the 4th,need the getaway

new topics

top topics

join