It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Deadliest Country for Journalists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It should come as no surprise that Iraq is the deadliest country in the world for journalists.

There is after all a vicious war there involving groups who've been at each other's throats for centuries.

What's the second?

Take a guess.

Journalists Beware!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Actually Grady, not much of a surprise there. It's damn dangerous for tourists too. Mind you, I'm not about to go vacationing in Afghanistan either.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Mexico? Shoot I find that a bit hard to believe. But I've not visted so I don't really know. Isn't Puerto Plata & other Mexican places such as Acapulco, the places to be -- they used to be.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's true, this type of crime has been escalating in Mexico for the last 20 years. I know because I travel there occasionally. And even their own media is reporting that it is dangerous for rich people or people who may look 'rich' to wander off in Mexico. This is the type of criminals that also want to sneak into the U.S...mind you.
If you ever happen to go vacationing there, I'd stay in the popular touristic areas like Cancun. Wandering off elsewhere is scary.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well then. I stand corrected.
Media in dangerous lands are media in need of protection through media outlets sending people to dangerous places -- yes.

I mean, I've seen that one man from, I believe CBS, shot in the head and frankly I've not been the same since, re Media reporting from acid places on this globe.

Dallas

top topics

join