It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell leaks real reason for SSN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Colin Powell leaks real reason for SSN

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com

Colin Powell - "Finding the Russian scientists may be a problem being that Russia does not have a Social Security System, as here in America, that allows us to MONITOR, TRACK DOWN and CAPTURE an American citizen."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rense.com

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Is this the real reason for Social Security? It was never designed as a 'form of identification', but then neither was your driver's license. Social Security was just supposed to be your support service when you retire.

Social Security has developed into other new electronic forms of identification like the cell phone: "You carry it in the palm of your hand and the number is recorded in your forehead." Sounds ominously like the Mark of the Beast to me. But who can complain when you can call someone at a moment's notice wherever they are; take pictures; text message; GPS and even have internet access all in your pocket. People are so easily conned when all the extras cover-up the real purpose of the unit.

The next step is to brand those malcontents incarcerated for some crime or another with microchip technology. Then they will similarily pursue those who are not already logged onto the system yet.

Has Big Brother got your number yet?

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Can anyone find video of this?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The SSN was intended for ID...think about it...300 million people WITHOUT SSN makes for a hell of a time to try and find people and prove its them when the time comes for benifits, etc......this is not anything new, or news worthy...its paranoid people thinking the government is cinching down on you....when in reality they are...just not this way...if that were the case then they need to weed out the 10 million illegal aliens here, all with fake or stolen SSN numbers...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarMan
Can anyone find video of this?

Sorry I did not find any video feed but I did find the interview word for word at the website for the US department of state.

U.S. Department of State

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I see that quote nowhere in the transcript

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would have to agree that the SSN, because of the nature of it, requires identification, so that you know you're giving money to the correct person. I think it's just one of the tools that the government can use to monitor your activities. The real problem is the many laws that allow government organisations to legally invade privacy. Just one major recent addition was the CALEA, which basically makes it a legal requirement that all ISPs in the United States change their systems to allow organisations like the FBI to easily wiretap on Internet communication. If memory serves, it came into effect on August 14th 2007.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I remember a few years back there was a 60 Minutes TV story about SSN abuse (I believe it was 60 Minutes), anyway they talked about how there was a problem with people using SSN of deceased people, for identity fraud reason to obtain credit cards or sell the numbers to those not having legal residency in the U.S. They even mentioned how deceased people still sometimes got Social Security checks in the mail and the family members would forge them and cash them. Or how parents would use a childs SSN to get Credit Cards and loans because when the SSN was checked out from an institution the number came back with a clean credit score. The parents then ruined the childs credit by not holding up to the obligation. The whole SSN system surely needs to be reworked. With this sort of thing going on being able to "track down" a real scam artist using a SSN as a source to do so Id say that it's most likely the Government will be on a long goose chase.

Maybe "way back in the day" tracking felons by means of a SSN might have worked pretty good, if the criminal in question actually used his real SSN on a recent job application or something, but in modern times the SSN has been widely abused and IMO probably doesn't have a good track record of being the means to finding someone. At best I think the only info the Government can really gather from looking up someones SSN is to find out what was the last address used when the SSN was issued (but I'm no expert on the matter).

I can recall also that in my past when filling out job applications, or even filing for a drivers license or registering to vote, that even tho forms ask for the SSN they rarely if at all ask for proof of the number given. Seems to be on an honor system sometimes when one fills out forms that require it which maybe should be changed.

I think just last month or two I read a yahoo News story about a women who was questioning the security procedures of her bank so she applied for a credit card using her cats name and false info and low and behold a CC came in the mail with her cats name on it!

I think the Government can "capture" you by tracing cell phone numbers more easily then a SSN trace because I'm sure there is probably more people with a registered cell phone then there are with a recently documented SSN attached to a recent address.

IMO,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The SSN is a pretty poor way to find someone. As noted above, stolen or fake SSNs are used everyday.

While shopping today, on two different occasions, I was asked for a SSN at the checkout counter. Each time I gave them one. I don't know whose it was, but I rattled off a number.
If someone wants to track me that way, good luck.

Tracking by cell phone is even worse. Mine is off except for when I make outgoing calls, or every couple hours or so to check for messages.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancelot
Has Big Brother got your number yet?

Not anymore.
I decided to throw away the mobile phone.
Disconnect the house phone.
Have all bills/mail come in via email.
And ensure the public domain ONLY ever gets my public hotmail account.
I carry my passport on me instead of my drivers liscence just so I can leave the country at the drop of a hat.

yep, i feel a lot more secure knowing i can sevre all ties yet still survive, especially knowing that ive already been investigated and flagged here in Aus and the US. ( even lost my job because of it ) simply because of terrorist related activities.

SSN Numbers? is just another form of governmental identification.
Its rife these days, you cant buy a TV from Harvey Norman without handing out your address, phone number and so forth..

I cant imagine how many times my names on some log files for various lifestyle things... why does it have to be?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The problem I have with the SSN is not so much the privacy or identification issue as with the loss of rights. We should be upfront and truthfull and willing to be identified - not trying to be annonimous or hidden. From my years of study, the SSN is what more than anything subverts your natural (and constitutional) rights in exchange for a plethora of commercial privaleges. You become a creature of the state instead of a natural person. Social security is the biggest labor union in the country and unless you join the union, you can't be "employed". You get nice benefits like retirement, disability etc, but you lose your right to your labor. You are no longer in charge of your person, no longer a sovereign citizen. Because of our prosperous times, we don't feel like it, but from a legal point of view, we are just serfs in the system. Told what to do, when to do it, and who to pay. Ever wonder how the IRS got power over you? Yep, "he who receives no privelege, owes on duty" to quote the supreme court.
What to do about it? That's what I want to know. We are like the children of Egypt, slaving away in Egypt, needing to be rescued. The problem has gone on for several generations now and we are in too deep to just merely turn back. What is going to happen when the cheap energy that keeps the us prosperous starts to wane and the growth that the economy depends on fails? Your masters are going to decide this for you. Not enough SS payers to cover all the SS benefits? No problem - just adjust the benefits, they are just welfare payments. Did you know that? And that was decided back in the 50's by the Supreme Court. I know, they sold it as insurance, but it really is employment taxes and welfare benefits. People don't care though. As long as they are getting something for nothing and don't have to be responsible for themselves. All these tax protestors benefiting from the system and then not wanting to pay the cost. At least, they ought to know why. But do you think we would willing sign up if we really knew the cost?
Allright, I'm feeling better now. Don't get me started.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 7thDay

I signed up for a checking account recently and they asked my for my SSN. I hesitated, but gave it anyways. Having been a military brat, I have probably given out my SSN a million times already. Anyways the box on the new account form the girl was filling out had a spot for the SSN and the title of the box was "Tax Code." ?! Not "SSN." I think it left out the whole name which is almost certainly "International Tax Code."

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I, for one, agree with the OP's point in this thread.

Has anyone else noticed that your social security card is RARELY EVER accepted as an adequate form of identification?

About the only role it serves in id is as a "supportive" role.

Case in point.

You go to get your driver's license and have to have one item from columns A, B and C. Your social security card isn't listen in any of these columns. However, you can provide it IN ADDITION to the three required items as a sort of "backup" identification.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ha, I am now glad I do not carry own a GPS locater (cell). I hate cell phones. They kill people, bees, and screw your brain.

As for someone mentioning the mark of the beast, this will only come into effect after the anti-christ sets up the NWO. The trumpets have not began to blow. This is the end times but revelations is only around the corner. God states for people without the mark, who cannot buy or sell food, if the mark is resisted in his name, he will drop bread from the sky.

I use cash or my parents debit. I have a SSN like everyone else.

Remember, you can CHOOSE, to deny the mark. Everyone in America is forced to have a SSN card/bank account. These are not the marks of the best.

I believe computer chip implants to be the mark. Soon you will not be able to buy or sell without an ID or service chip in you.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 19-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheStarMan
I see that quote nowhere in the transcript

That quote is nowhere in the transcript. So basically the source sited in the OP flat out lied. LOL

This is the actual quote:

Well, no, we don't exactly have a social security system that captures every Russian scientist, but this is something that is of concern to us and should be of concern to Russia as well.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

join