It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's terracotta tomb site hides mystery building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The tomb of the first emperor of China which was found to hold over 8000 Terracotta warriors, apparently has more secrets. Scientist have discovered an 30 meter high building buried in the vast complex. Since 2002 they have been using remote sensing technology to search the entire complex.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ah_16b0.kU6u6PGjMFwUbPhg.3QA

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
thats really cool Fred
I knew he had to have had his slaves buried somewhere with him

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
thats really cool Fred
I knew he had to have had his slaves buried somewhere with him

I hope it's booby-trapped out the yin-yang (pun intended), like the legends say.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That is totally awesome!
I wonder if there are treasures or anything, when are they going to explore?
Why cant they use this tech on the pyramids and sphinx?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
That is totally awesome!
I wonder if there are treasures or anything, when are they going to explore?
Why cant they use this tech on the pyramids and sphinx?

The legends seem to indicate fabulous wealth-an artificial night sky with diamonds for stars, gold and silver everywhere.

The legends also indicate booby traps everywhere, too...

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
thats not from a legend
its from a historical record written less than a century after the Emperors death
map of the heavens with stars represented by pearls (not diamonds), and on the floor of the tomb a map of China with the rivers and seas represented by flowing mercury
the only evidence that backs this claim up is the discovery of high levels of mercury in the area
the record also says nothing about the size of the map and I don't imagine that pure mercury was easy to come by in those days

there is another possible source for the mercury though
Qin Shi Huang was obsessed with immortality, which led him to embark on numerous quests and 'trials' (including sex with multiple partners - though abstaining from climax, )and also the drinking of mercury - before its ill effects were known, so its probably leaking out of his rectum or something

just imagine that if the secret of immortality was sex with multiple partners without ever being allowed to climax. thats not immortality
thats Hell far worse than anything the Xtians ever thought up.

Mercury-based toxins damage the central nervous system and symptoms typically include sensory impairment (vision, hearing, speech), a lack of coordination and disturbed sensation which no doubt helped no end with his abstinance from climax
ahaha
sometimes I crack myself up

[edit on 1-7-2007 by Marduk]

top topics

join