It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. diplomat missing in Cyprus (Update: Found Dead)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

U.S. diplomat missing in Cyprus

news.yahoo.com

NICOSIA (Reuters) - The U.S. embassy in Cyprus issued a public appeal on Sunday for information on the whereabouts of a senior U.S. diplomat who has been missing for three days.

Thomas Mooney, 45, described on the Cyprus government Foreign Ministry Web site as a U.S. defence attache, was last seen leaving the embassy on Thursday afternoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/2/07 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hmmmm, the embassy wont say what he does and he is an ex-military. Can anyone say CIA or NSA station chief? My guess is this guy was picked up and now is a uncomfortable guest of some terror group or another.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
OK, this is getting real fishy now, the guy is found in his car with his throat slit and they are treating it as a SUICIDE!! are you kidding me??

Have you ever heard of anyone cutting their own throat before, I mean come on....this is an obvious murder IMO and their calling it a suicide makes me suspect that there is way more going on here.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 2-7-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Turkish or Greek part of cyprus? If greek I can tell you one fact aboutt hat side - it's full of Russian criminals, mafia, or other Russians trying to hide from the Russian goverment. He could have easily gotten involved with the wrong kind of people. This is mere speculation ofcourse.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
yeah i made a thread about this too, and didnt realise FredT had beat me to it by one day.

Here.

This all sounds crazy, suicide?? but stabbed multiple times with the weapon found near by.

His body was found some yards from his car which was parked on a dirt track, and a sharp implement was found in the area. He was believed to have been dead for a few days.

Source.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Washington Post article just says "northwest" of the capital so im going to assume they mean still in Greek Cyprus.

The U.S. military attache in Cyprus was found dead with his throat slit on Monday in a remote mountainous region of the Mediterranean island in what authorities are treating as a suicide.

The body of Lieutenant-Colonel Thomas Mooney, 45, was found near his locked car north-west of the capital, Nicosia, four days after he went missing.

My guess is that the cops in Cyprus are to lazy or corrupt to dig any deeper. Way back in the 1950s/60s the same thing happened with a British Army officer and his enlisted man driver serving as part of the UN peacekeeping mission. Both were armed and in a marked UN Landrover and vanished, no bodies were ever found, jeep found with bloodstains in a remote site, Cyprus Police refused to work with UN and British investigators, etc. Ill try and find a link.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by ChrisF231]

top topics

join