It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming and 2012?...I'm confused too!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've heard a few people on the boards talk about 'things' happening in 2012. I've been trying to research it using google, and its tough to sift through all the London 2012 Olympic stuff, but I've found a Wiki Article about 2012 and I was quite surprised.

Apart from lots of Armageddon predictions, NASA predicts that the Sun will reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle.

Now, I'm quite into the theories that the Sun is the single largest cause of global warming (as obvious as that sounds, I guess by 'global warming' I'm referring to the whole 'end of the world' warming stuff lol).

I agree that levels of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases do correlate with rising GMST (global mean surface temperature), but that does not mean they have caused the temperature increase. As I've said to many people who shout the 'facts' of global warming: Correlation does not imply causation!

Studies of ice age temperature variations have shown carbon dioxide levels increase after warming rather than before. The amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is pretty damn small, just 0.04% of the Earth's total atmosphere. The present levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere are estimated to be 375 p.p.m. (parts per million) – yet the Earth has been frozen with much higher levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere; during the Ordovician period the Earth was in an ice age with atmospheric CO2 estimated at 4,400 p.p.m!

I think that there is a far greater chance that our Sun, which is the size of 1,206,885 Earth's is causing any climate change, rather than 0.04% of our atmosphere.

So what is it about the sun that causes Global Warming? Well in a nutshell, sunspots. Here is an article that has a fair bit of Info on the sunspot-Global warming connection.

So what does that have to do with 2012? Well, combining the 11 year cycle change in sunspots and global warming and we might see a sudden increase in global temperature during that year. The many theories of Armageddon could yet come true. Better break the sunscreen out.

Anyone know of any other reasons why 2012 is suppose to be such a prominent year?

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure that global warming is connected to the 2012 phenomena.

In my opinion, from all I've read and researched about 2012, it all has to do with fractal time. Throughout time, we've been experience a "quickening" of sorts.

10,000 years ago humans began domesticating plants and animals.
500 years ago we invented the printing press.
100 years ago we began driving automobiles.
50 years ago we invented the computer.
30 years ago we landed on the moon.

And so on.

2012 is when we enter the age of Aquarias. I personally ascribe to what the McKenna brothers postulate. That 2012 will bring a major spiritual evolution. Perhaps even ascension into the 5th dimension.

The Egyptians believed that the procession of the equinoxes and entering a new age was a process of purification.

Another interesting thing to note are these lyrics by the band 5th Dimension, from the Vietnam-era. The song is called "Age of Aquarius":

When the Moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The age of Aquarius

Aquarius
Aquarius

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelations
And the mind's true liberation

Aquarius
Aquarius

When the Moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius

Aquarius
Aquarius

In the end, 2012 is not something to fear. I personally can't wait to see what transpires.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As prophetic as '5th Dimensions' Lyrics are I doubt that they hold any connection with an international conspiracy on 2012. Saying that though from an astrological perspective they might mean something...

Just thought I'd add I was a little tongue in cheek about the whole end of the world thing in my OP. I am interested in the effects that the polar reversal might have though, I imagine that it will effect us on some electro-magnetic level. Any ideas ATS?

Heres a great lyric for ya:

"If-I-was-in-World-War-Two-they'd-call-me-Spitfire!"

Peace.

new topics

join